PDA

View Full Version : Report your action items here

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

floridasun
12-09-2011, 11:00 AM
What happened to 3012? Entire web media is talking about Visa Bulletin and EB2 in particular. Does this mean the support for 3012 is fading??

I am wondering abt the same thing... Can IV core team please tell us if 3012 is still seriously being worked on ? Atleast a genuine yes or no would be really appreciated.

manchala
12-09-2011, 11:00 AM
This bill helps EB2 and more than that it will help EB3. This big movement means you need to be ready that Visa Bulletin will not move for 2 more years until they clear all inventory. Remember after July 2007? How slow it moved? This will repeat. So any one after Jan 2009 should be worried abt it and participate in action items more rigorously. So come out of your dreams and work towards H.R 3012 even if you are EB2 after Jan 2009. Now they will have minimum of 50K applications which takes at least 2 years for them to forward visa bulletin. So from next bulletin expect retrogression and stalled movement for EB2 also.

manchala
12-09-2011, 11:03 AM
I am wondering abt the same thing... Can IV core team please tell us if 3012 is still seriously being worked on ? Atleast a genuine yes or no would be really appreciated.

Are you seriously involved

rorlig
12-09-2011, 11:05 AM
What happened to 3012? Entire web media is talking about Visa Bulletin and EB2 in particular. Does this mean the support for 3012 is fading??

Is your support waning for this effort? The only person you can be responsible for is yourself. Really speaking HR 3012 is not in the media a lot ; search on google and you cannot find 100 articles which maybe a good thing.

I do realize that the date movements can negatively effect the movement of Hr 3012 as people would get involved in their own filings but that is human nature.

Anyways I am going to spend my Friday evening at desi restaurant enjoying great food and distributing the banners (maybe so should you)

geez u got a lot of red chikna

neelu8
12-09-2011, 11:12 AM

We are working day and night on HR3012. And it is not in trouble (inspite of the hold), infact it is in good shape. Please folks, we have repeatedely mentioned on this forum that there is a process for these things, that discussions and negotiations and various things are going on in the background. And this is the time to keep up on your good work and everyone's efforts are needed! Please, please continue with the action items.

amulchandra
12-09-2011, 11:16 AM
We are working day and night on HR3012. And it is not in trouble (inspite of the hold), infact it is in good shape. Please folks, we have repeatedely mentioned on this forum that there is a process for these things, that discussions and negotiations and various things are going on in the background. And this is the time to keep up on your good work and everyone's efforts are needed! Please, please continue with the action items.

Really appreciate your reply. We needed a little push/nudge to get up and run again.

Thanks for that

Amul

Suva
12-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Your reply have inspired me again. I would let my other friends and colleagues know about this status.

Thanks

skrish
12-09-2011, 11:24 AM
keep the faith folks, Keep the faith. The finish line (for better or for worse) is in sight. We should at least run the race instead of giving up within sight of the finish line.

I dont think we should ignore the washingtonwatch poll. it is 4th in the google search results

greencard.wait
12-09-2011, 11:32 AM
I do agree with you on this. And this is going to happen for sure.

This bill helps EB2 and more than that it will help EB3. This big movement means you need to be ready that Visa Bulletin will not move for 2 more years until they clear all inventory. Remember after July 2007? How slow it moved? This will repeat. So any one after Jan 2009 should be worried abt it and participate in action items more rigorously. So come out of your dreams and work towards H.R 3012 even if you are EB2 after Jan 2009. Now they will have minimum of 50K applications which takes at least 2 years for them to forward visa bulletin. So from next bulletin expect retrogression and stalled movement for EB2 also.

rorlig
12-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Was looking at this site again today...

There doesn't seem to little or no chinese support for the bill. Why?

Please Vote 'Yes' on HR3012 | Petition2Congress (http://www.petition2congress.com/5686/please-vote-yes-on-fairness-high-skilled-)
immigrants-act/

Pappu_Pager
12-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Was looking at this site again today...

There doesn't seem to little or no chinese support for the bill. Why?

Please Vote 'Yes' on HR3012 | Petition2Congress (http://www.petition2congress.com/5686/please-vote-yes-on-fairness-high-skilled-)
immigrants-act/

I agree .. I dont see overall chinese support anywhere .. Usually, those folks if they support it is usually huge ..

gvenkat
12-09-2011, 12:16 PM
The reason is most of the Chinese have only a turn around time for 6 years. I know people who got their GC's who filed with me and 2 years after. So they dont care. The whole EB3 mess affects just us Indians.

Chandini
12-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Your flier does NOT talk about Family based GC quota increase. Target audiences are every one right ?

greencard.wait
12-09-2011, 03:28 PM
We should start making phone calls to all Senator offices otherwise all these efforts will get flushed out easily.

actaccord
12-09-2011, 03:31 PM
for IV to announce any action item. We should start making phone calls to all Senator offices otherwise all these efforts will get flushed out easily.

Suva
12-09-2011, 03:31 PM
I would wait for IV's directive on this.

We should start making phone calls to all Senator offices otherwise all these efforts will get flushed out easily.

jazzy
12-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Keep on pushing guys, do not relent and dont let the hold distract you.

Ajoshi
12-09-2011, 05:31 PM
I sent requests to rediff, timesofindia, samachar.com, ndtv to run editorial on HR3012.

If anyone has insider contacts with any of the news agencies, we should convince them to write an editorial for us.

Thanks.

indrachat_75
12-09-2011, 06:19 PM
I am posting the link for flyers at Facebook pages of Indian Associations for Georgia Universities.

indrachat_75
12-09-2011, 06:27 PM
FYI for folks in Atlanta

: Indra Chatterjee blogs on sulekha, blogs, Indra Chatterjee blog from india (http://indrarai.sulekha.com/blog/post/2011/12/urgent-please-register-your-support-for-hr-3012.htm)

Atlanta Dunia:Atlanta's Indian Neighborhood : News, Events, Yellow Pages, Classifieds, Business Directory (http://atlantadunia.com/dunia/ClassifiedShowDtl.asp?ThisAd=18736&McatDesc=Miscellaneous&Vuid=826&CATGID=ALL)

padmaforopt
12-09-2011, 09:09 PM
How is this one.

What to do:
Send to friends, post it in Indian stores, temples where you think can get exposure
Take good # of printouts and keep them @ places where you think can be good spots.

Make your flyers little educative also like I did, as many are there who are unaware.. They need to be communicated right away.

Sri.

I see some of the points are over optimistic ( as if we are marketing for GC applications)... and let people feel this bill is giving special privileges . It just removes the Country Quota and avoids special delays based on the country .

Please don't take it other way . However I appreciate putting all information together like current status , IV efforts..

rxd9507IV
12-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Yup. IV has got us this far. Trust the system. Simply follow their direction and do not create your own action items. Yes, as software engineers, we are creative and innovative.

I would treat this as a project with clear specifications and architect is IV.

Let us just implement the directions for now.

Actions speak louder and getting 3012 in its current state was a gigantic task.

Forget about EB2/EB3, India/China etc. Focus on action items.

As far as visa date movements are concerned, they are simply pipeline builder. While a positive step, we must NOT lose focus away from HR 3012.

Admins: Once a day update request is fair. Folks are very very anxious and hearing from core helps the situation.

skrish
12-09-2011, 09:37 PM
we need to find some way to communicate progress to the anxious folks without compromising confidentiality. I think an update once in 2-3 days at least would help.

dont lose sight of online petition, emails to senator and washingtonwatch while distributing flyers.

Cheers

skrish
12-09-2011, 09:41 PM
also, I see some petition signatures from chinese folks (hui recruited 17 others), which is very encouraging. they are just a bit less willing to take open action and risks. we should make the chinese, filpino and mexicans aware too..

padmaforopt
12-09-2011, 09:50 PM
also, I see some petition signatures from chinese folks (hui recruited 17 others), which is very encouraging. they are just a bit less willing to take open action and risks. we should make the chinese, filpino and mexicans aware too..

Thats really encouraging news that Chinese are also participating in action items .

I send the letters to senators through IV website before the petition is created and After the petition is created . I signed the petition and sent the letters on the first day . My hubby , brother and few of my friends also signed the petitions .Though they haven't reported it here.

I got reply from NY & FL senators . I stopped sending letters to senators . I asked the question if I have to still send the letters .But no one replied. I appreciate if some one can answer the concerns posted here..

rorlig
12-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Posted the ad on eknazar classifieds

Boston Indian Community Classifieds - ekNazar.com (http://www.eknazar.com/boston/ekClassifieds/index.php)

Let me know if it requires modifications

digital2k
12-10-2011, 02:53 AM
Posted the ad on eknazar classifieds

Boston Indian Community Classifieds - ekNazar.com (http://www.eknazar.com/boston/ekClassifieds/index.php)

Let me know if it requires modifications

FAIRNESS FOR HIGH-SKILLED IMMIGRANTS ACT OF 2011 - HR 3012 : upana blogs on sulekha, General blogs, upana blog from india (http://upana.sulekha.com/blog/post/2011/12/fairness-for-high-skilled-immigrants-act-of-2011.htm)

sraj
12-10-2011, 08:19 AM
FAIRNESS FOR HIGH-SKILLED IMMIGRANTS ACT OF 2011 - HR 3012 : upana blogs on sulekha, General blogs, upana blog from india[/url]

Looks like the website address is incomplete.. shouldn't this be www dot immigrationvoice dot org?

neelu8
12-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Moved all the flyers to a different thread so that everyone can find it all in one place. Thanks everyone for your efforts! Keep spreading the word.

skrish
12-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Folks, let spread the word and get the online petition to 20000 this weekend and a majority on washingtonwatch.com ...

manchala
12-10-2011, 03:53 PM

manchala
12-10-2011, 04:01 PM
And your action items are...

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/2586064-action-item-hr-3012-week-of-12-5-11-a.html#post3040816

looivy
12-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Stop self doubting...keep doing IV action items and things will fall into places.

I will invoke an old Indian saying

Karam kiye ja phal ki ichha mat kar
Jaise karam karega vaisa phal milega

Loosely translated it means,
Stay focused on your deeds and stop worrying too much about the unnecessary negative noise. The eventual outcome will be dictated by your work.

norwooder
12-10-2011, 04:37 PM
where you get this 50K applicants?
I woudl like to support HR3012 for sure, but don't like words irresponsible...

niklshah
12-11-2011, 12:21 AM
bump...

smartneraj
12-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Tran id 0D351341GG205633C.
Thanks

-

mechanical13
12-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Guys,

A question for you - does the Petition2Congress site count only unique submissions or does it consider daily submissions by the same person as multiple submissions?

The reason why I ask is the number of petitioners seems awfully low if repeat submissions are also counted.

There are supposedly close to 100,000 families impacted by the backlog in EB-I/C. How come less than 5 % of those guys are coming forward to petition?

Either our assumption that there are 100,000 is incorrect, or we have to UP the rally!

rajeev_achary
12-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Guys, Any update about the state of the bill? After the Grassley hold news there were not any positive/negative news about this bill. Nobody is even speaking about it. Please get us some update?. Seems like the year end is approaching fast and any bill not passed until end of this year need to be reintroduced in congress. So any update at all?

sensen
12-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Donated 100$. Thank you!

skrish
12-11-2011, 01:40 PM
well, its only a week to go. lets keep the faith and keep doing the action items. no point pressuring IV into giving us an update that will prove counter-productive and jeaprodize any progress being made. lets just keep the faith, do the action items and get through the week. Win or lose, time will tell.

Cheers

skrish
12-11-2011, 01:42 PM
@mechanical13,

I see most of the petition signatures look to be unique from different geographical locations. Shouldnt matter either way. just do your bit and hope for the best

rajeev_achary
12-11-2011, 01:49 PM
well, its only a week to go. lets keep the faith and keep doing the action items. no point pressuring IV into giving us an update that will prove counter-productive and jeaprodize any progress being made. lets just keep the faith, do the action items and get through the week. Win or lose, time will tell.

Cheers

I have done all the action items on the day it was announced and done some of the action items several times over past 2 weeks. As you said it is only 2 weeks to go and lets keep faith.

gcnov2002
12-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Guys, check the link below

WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 3012, The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/112_HR_3012.htmlCached)

It says 43% for and 57% against. You dont need to create account to vote. Just visit the URL and support the bill.

skrish
12-11-2011, 03:10 PM
there is something wrong with that poll. its going up in really large spurts, more like someone swtiching ip addresses and putting in a large number of against votes. it was 90 for -10 against, not too long ago

mechanical13
12-11-2011, 04:28 PM
there is something wrong with that poll. its going up in really large spurts, more like someone swtiching ip addresses and putting in a large number of against votes. it was 90 for -10 against, not too long ago

I agree there is something goofy going on with this site.

oracleking
12-11-2011, 06:01 PM
I've said this before and here we go again...

This is nothing a robot doing a job of AGAINST the bill. When you can vote without creating a login n just clicking on support FOR or AGAINST, you can easily write a program to keep doing same till the end of time.

I've voted FOR at least from 3 different machines and it counted it just fine.

So keep doing your best to beat the numbers.

rameshvaid
12-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Completed all action Items and donated $ 100.00.
Transaction ID for this payment is: 6C7873565C8518052.

Good luck to all of us..

AarVee.

rameshvaid
12-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Can I advertise in the local Indian News Papers? If yes, can I print one of the flyers and print it or do we have any specific material for the News Papers?

Any comments/advise please..

AarVee.

lost_in_migration
12-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Review & Outlook: Green Card Progress - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203833104577070552739470434.html)

GCTorture
12-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Action items done again except contribution. I will be contributing again this week.

I agree, that some kind of info from admins or IV on what is happening, would help keep up our faith and trust.

Good luck to all of us.

h1techSlave
12-12-2011, 10:37 AM
No activity on the thread?

mechanical13
12-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Done here as well.

I really think some form of communication from Pappu, Aman or StarSun would help.

The pace of Action Items have reduced.

There have been no emails from Aman or others regarding the status.

Lets re-energize this discussion folks!

Suva
12-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Here is the response from Neelu on Dec 9 about the status. I think this is enough of a hint.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/3038563-post520.html

Done here as well.

I really think some form of communication from Pappu, Aman or StarSun would help.

The pace of Action Items have reduced.

There have been no emails from Aman or others regarding the status.

Lets re-energize this discussion folks!

mechanical13
12-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Here is the response from Neelu on Dec 9 about the status. I think this is enough of a hint.

Thanks Suva, I completely missed neelu's post.

I guess everyone is so busy that they have been unable to communicate on the issue.

I, for my part,am working diligently on action items and looking for direction from IV Core on additional things I can do.

psychedelicNerd
12-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Somehow i never read this response. It feels good to know that the work is being done in the background. I will continue to support and perform action items on a daily basis. Will continue to donate as and when possible. Will urge everybody to not lose hope. We will make it. :)

hidude46
12-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Donated $100 - Paypal Transaction #73E99865GU027923R

Sry for the earlier cancelled transaction.

Thank you and Keep up the great work.

nosightofgc
12-12-2011, 12:01 PM
I am also doing my part every day. I read Neelu's post with encouraging information. Yes the pace is slowed down. I think after this week, it gets slowed down a lot because Senate is not in session and there are no words from any one.

mjdup
12-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Completed actions items listed for week of 12/05.

All tasks took less than 5 minutes.

Signed up for $50/monthly recurring contribution. Go IV !

pak
12-12-2011, 12:20 PM
E-mailed our action items to more than 70 student organizations over the weekend.
Indian Student Associations in United States Indian Student Associations, Overseas India Student Organisations in USA (http://www.thokalath.com/overseas/indian_students_associations.php)

Same can be done for Indian Associations Indian Associations in the US : NRI Desi Associations in USA : India Social, Cultural, Religious Organisations (http://www.thokalath.com/North-America/Indo-American-Community.php)

dts
12-12-2011, 12:24 PM

Very Good. Nice to hear this from IV Team. MANY PEOPLE ARE FRUSTRED BY NOT HEARING ANYTHING FROM IV TEAM IN RECENT DAYS. PLEASE POST THIS SUCH AS EVERYONE IS AWARE ABOUT THIS AND KEEP ENTHUSIASM ON.

Chandini
12-12-2011, 12:34 PM
How can they introduce in the Senate directly ? Does this bill also have the regular process to go through ?

12/10/2011: Irish E-3 Non immigrant Visa Bill Scheduled to be Introduced in the Senate Tuesday, 12/13/2011

We reported earlier that Irish community had been lobbying to introduce this bill as an amendment to H.R. 3012. However sources of information indicate that two powerful Democrat Senators of Chuck Schumer, Chairman of Senate Judiciary Immigration Subcommittee and Dick Durbin, Senate Manority Whip, are scheduled to co-sponsor and introduce this bill in the Senate on Tuesday. Considering the fact that H.R. 3012 bill is on hold, it is likely that the bill may be introduced as a separate bill. This may be considered an interesting turn of event. For the development of this news, please stay tuned to this website.

whywho
12-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks to the dedicated IV members and the team. Completed the action items, persuaded office colleagues and friends to send the letters and sign the petitions.

Made a $200 contribution in addition to ongoing recurring contribution (transaction id 856286479P1941457).

starscream
12-12-2011, 01:18 PM
1. Email from IV site
2. Signed petition (WE are 18, 500 - opp is 5,700 - we need to increase the gap)
3. Facebook done

People plz complete cation items and keep this thread buzzing

skrish
12-12-2011, 02:05 PM
completed action items. waiting patiently with bated breath for the good news :-)

neel_gump
12-12-2011, 02:25 PM
We are signing up with very slow pace my friends. Please do your action items ASAP.
Sign up here (Please Vote 'Yes' on HR3012 | Petition2Congress (http://www.petition2congress.com/5686/please-vote-yes-on-fairness-high-skilled-immigrants-act/))

padmaforopt
12-12-2011, 02:34 PM
I don't know if this update from IV on Dec 9 is sufficient to pacify you. If you go through the earlier posts then you could easily find this. Check here...

I really appreciate you and neelu for providing the information. But hearing from IV Admin is really something different. It' s just my opinion.

I wish , the process will come to an end successfully, very soon.

Suva
12-12-2011, 02:40 PM
If IV puts the information that you are asking then that can be easily used against us by ROW guys who are spying here. I believe IV is not giving us more updates due to this. IV needs faith and patience from all of us right now. This bill is barely 2 weeks since it got passed in house. I have checked many bills which were passed in Senate long time after it got passed in House. So don't loose hope and keep doing action items and pursue others to do the same.

I am sorry, if my post hurts IV efforts .The post can be deleted. But I request IV, please let everyone know how far we are from our destination.

How each action item would take us near to (or) what might take us away from our destination.

The Alchemist
12-12-2011, 02:59 PM
This is an accurate statement.

If IV puts the information that you are asking then that can be easily used against us by ROW guys who are spying here. I believe IV is not giving us more updates due to this. IV needs faith and patience from all of us right now. This bill is barely 2 weeks since it got passed in house. I have checked many bills which were passed in Senate long time after it got passed in House. So don't loose hope and keep doing action items and pursue others to do the same.

Everybody: Please follow through the action items on a daily basis, spread the word and KEEP YOUR FAITH. This is a slow process and requires utmost patience from everybody.

GO IV

indigokiwi
12-12-2011, 03:12 PM
I think Neelu08 works very closely with IV Admin.

I really appreciate you and neelu for providing the information. But hearing from IV Admin is really something different. It' s just my opinion.

I wish , the process will come to an end successfully, very soon.

digital2k
12-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Great response during weekend and new people are, and will be signing now :):):) Welcome them :):):)

New flyers in Chinese, Mandarin and will be available soon :)

Everyone, keep up your efforts and not be distracted by updates, anti updates

Our Hard work and Effort will have results :)

Please have your best efforts, daily on IV Action items ...

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/2586064-action-item-hr-3012-week-of-12-5-11-a.html

greencard.wait
12-12-2011, 03:22 PM
We are still behind vote on this site. Don't forget to send message from this site too.

WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 3012, The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/112_HR_3012.html)

digital2k
12-12-2011, 03:24 PM
You are correct
I think Neelu08 works very closely with IV Admin.

Thank You Neelu for the update
Hope this motivates many more ...

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3038563

neel_gump
12-12-2011, 03:25 PM
We are still behind vote on this site. Don't forget to send message from this site too.

WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 3012, The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/112_HR_3012.html)

Some of the comments there are horrible. I tried to respond as much as I can. But we need more help there as well.

newdif
12-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Digital2k, I just emailed you the 4 fliers that had been translated in Chinese. Please take a look at them when you can.

neelu8
12-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Everyone asking for updates, please understand they cannot be shared openly here. Please have patience. We are all working very hard in the background.
Legislative process is slow by design. Please remember how long it took for the bill to move from introduction to getting voted in the house. It will have to go through the appropriate process in the Senate. I know all of us want this to be passed yesterday, given that some of us here are waiting for decades. But this is the time to pull up your sleeves and act, rather than being anxious.
Please do not get discouraged by stories from unreliable sources. They are not true. You will hear from IV if there are any material changes to the bill.
This is the time to be pumped up and get more people involved. If you are done with the action items, get more people to do them and contribute. Use whatever means of communication you have available to reach out to more people.
Thank you so much everyone for your efforts and for your contribution! It is with everyone's support that the bill has come this far and we will all get it through the next steps as well!

Suva
12-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Welcome brother. We need more people like you from China to fight for this bill.

Digital2k, I just emailed you the 4 fliers that had been translated in Chinese. Please take a look at them when you can.

pak
12-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Contacted the ISAs', where votes are less than 100. Activity: Please Vote \'Yes\' on \HR3012 | Petition2Congress (http://www.petition2congress.com/5686/please-vote-yes-on-fairness-high-skilled-immigrants-act/act/)
I observed students to whom I sent e-mails, are voting within 15-30 minutes. Please help in contacting as many as possible. Here is the list...

Indian Student Associations (http://www.udeps.com/isabystate.html)

san1007
12-12-2011, 04:37 PM
I hate to say this, Sen.Grassley's hold on H.R 3012 may be the end of this bill. I'm really praying for not to happen, but I really afraid of it. This hold procedure was used before to block and kill the bills. I hope Sen.Grassley will change his mind and release the hold and give for vote. I'm hoping and praying for this bill to move forward. I already sent letter to CA Senators (Senator Barbara Boxerm and Senator Dianne Feinstein)

digital2k
12-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Keep it up and inspire more with an Art much needed

san1007,
read this http://www.surrenderworks.com/newthoughtlibrary/Norman%20Vincent%20Peale/the%20powwr%20of%20positive%20thinking.pdf

Thank You

greencard.wait
12-12-2011, 04:59 PM
I think we should contact Chinese Student Association too. I am sure Chinese students are more interested to get involved.

Contacted the ISAs', where votes are less than 100. Activity: Please Vote \'Yes\' on \HR3012 | Petition2Congress (http://www.petition2congress.com/5686/please-vote-yes-on-fairness-high-skilled-immigrants-act/act/)
I observed students to whom I sent e-mails, are voting within 15-30 minutes. Please help in contacting as many as possible. Here is the list...

ubdvit
12-12-2011, 06:54 PM
san1007,
read this http://www.surrenderworks.com/newthoughtlibrary/Norman%20Vincent%20Peale/the%20powwr%20of%20positive%20thinking.pdf

And Tebowing will help too... :)

pappu
12-12-2011, 08:13 PM
E-mailed our action items to more than 70 student organizations over the weekend.
Indian Student Associations in United States Indian Student Associations, Overseas India Student Organisations in USA (http://www.thokalath.com/overseas/indian_students_associations.php)

Same can be done for Indian Associations Indian Associations in the US : NRI Desi Associations in USA : India Social, Cultural, Religious Organisations (http://www.thokalath.com/North-America/Indo-American-Community.php)

Thank you. This is good work.

Please also use Facebook to post on different community group pages where there are lot of immigrants about this bill.

Pappu_Pager
12-12-2011, 08:36 PM
I think we should contact Chinese Student Association too. I am sure Chinese students are more interested to get involved.

I agree, they are usually responsive and smart for topics like this. Guys, here is the links to various Chinese Student Organization in USA ...

LearninUSA.com - CSSA - Chinese Student Associations in US, CSA-CSSA (http://www.learninusa.com/pub/LIT_14.asp)

skrish
12-12-2011, 08:37 PM
I am planning on going to chinatown tomorrow to see if I can hanfd them out at some stores there.

Pappu_Pager
12-12-2011, 08:41 PM

Thank you... Can you also please email the action items to following chinese student organization / association in USA? .. You can request others also to do the same ..

Here is the more comprehensive list of Chinese Student Organization in USA ..

CSSA List (http://www.chineseinus.com/cssa_list.htm)

From my personal experience, I think, you are guys are smart, more responsive and united for matters like this, so support from China would be helpful ..

Pappu_Pager
12-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Great response during weekend and new people are, and will be signing now :):):) Welcome them :):):)

New flyers in Chinese, Mandarin and will be available soon :)

Everyone, keep up your efforts and not be distracted by updates, anti updates

Our Hard work and Effort will have results :)

Please have your best efforts, daily on IV Action items ...

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/2586064-action-item-hr-3012-week-of-12-5-11-a.html

Here is the comprehensive list of Chinese Student Association in USA and their email IDs --

Pappu_Pager
12-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Everyone asking for updates, please understand they cannot be shared openly here. Please have patience. We are all working very hard in the background.
Legislative process is slow by design. Please remember how long it took for the bill to move from introduction to getting voted in the house. It will have to go through the appropriate process in the Senate. I know all of us want this to be passed yesterday, given that some of us here are waiting for decades. But this is the time to pull up your sleeves and act, rather than being anxious.
Please do not get discouraged by stories from unreliable sources. They are not true. You will hear from IV if there are any material changes to the bill.
This is the time to be pumped up and get more people involved. If you are done with the action items, get more people to do them and contribute. Use whatever means of communication you have available to reach out to more people.
Thank you so much everyone for your efforts and for your contribution! It is with everyone's support that the bill has come this far and we will all get it through the next steps as well!

Thank you.

Pappu_Pager
12-12-2011, 08:46 PM

Great work .. Everyone should email these Indian Student Associations.. the message should reach out to maximum possible ..

smuggymba
12-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Where the heck are the Chinese? I don't see them on any forum. I understand they have their own forums but do they not know what's happening. They are not on any public forum. We desis are bearing the brunt of all the attacks.

Pappu_Pager
12-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Where the heck are the Chinese? I don't see them on any forum. I understand they have their own forums but do they not know what's happening. They are not on any public forum. We desis are bearing the brunt of all the attacks.

I am wondering that, as well .. I havent heard Chinese getting low support from their community for some action like this .. Usually, in US they have more connected network to support this .. Someone from California (san francisco etc).and NYC (chinatown). should shake China town there .. u will be surprised with their support if they believe in this ..

pak
12-12-2011, 09:07 PM
E-mail (Total 123) sent to TANA volunteer list on their website.

pak
12-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Petitions reached 19,000

skrish
12-12-2011, 10:09 PM
back in the laed 51-49 % at washingtonwatch.com as well. lets cement the lead and make it 80-220 at least. Cheers

chikna
12-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Petitions reached 19,000

Can someone explain what happened to 210,000 people? Only 19,000 participated in voting. Are they dead or missing?

skrish
12-12-2011, 10:59 PM
thats close to 10%, which isnt bad. I guess we need to reach more people and make them aware. Im thinking this most of the Eb3-I 2003-04 crowd who will immediately benefit from this bill

smuggymba
12-13-2011, 09:10 AM
I am wondering that, as well .. I havent heard Chinese getting low support from their community for some action like this .. Usually, in US they have more connected network to support this .. Someone from California (san francisco etc).and NYC (chinatown). should shake China town there .. u will be surprised with their support if they believe in this ..

but where are they now? Do they not know HR3012 and it's action items. I don't have any chinese here in my company right now but I don't understand where they are.

On the tracker site - it's all desis vs ROW..not a single pro or anti chinese comment because not a signle chinese appears to be on that forum. I'm surprised.

smuggymba
12-13-2011, 09:15 AM
Can someone explain what happened to 210,000 people? Only 19,000 participated in voting. Are they dead or missing?

I can tell you about 2-3 of those 210,000 people because I know them.

They have EAD's since they filed in July 2007 and have bought houses and their spouses can work and face to travel/visa stamping issues. When I talk to them about donating to IV - they tell me they don't need to and look at me like a salesman. When I press them to work towards our cause - they say they will send emails at the max and then I thank them.

greencard.wait
12-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Guys - make big lead here and don't forget to send messages too -

frustratingGC
12-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Unreachable

greencard.wait
12-13-2011, 10:38 AM
For almost all email ID's I got mail Rejection email saying you are not authorized to send email to this mailing group.

Is there any other way we can reach Chinese Student Association to get them involved with H.R. 3012 bill?

pak
12-13-2011, 10:57 AM
For almost all email ID's I got mail Rejection email saying you are not authorized to send email to this mailing group.

Is there any other way we can reach Chinese Student Association to get them involved with H.R. 3012 bill?

1. Visit the listed school or university or google
2. Search for Chinese or Indian Association in search box
3. Link to the association will be in top five search results, click on the right link
4. Hover over the page and click on Committee or contact us
5. E-mail individuals requesting their support and link to the petition etc.

I did that for ISA (approx. 100 e-mails) and received positive replies from approx. 10 ISA members.

bpratap
12-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Renewed my monthly subscription and did a One time Donation also

Forcechaos
12-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Flyer for Family Based in Spanish
IV Team:

I created a second flyer with different text to rally those from Mexico and the Philippines.

Please PM me for word versions.

We need to post these in all Mexican or Philippino stores!

IV Team -
As promised I am attaching the flyer translated in Spanish language. Please post them in Mexican stores.

Forcechaos
12-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Flyer for Family Based in Spanish

IV Team -
As promised I am attaching the flyer translated in Spanish language. Please post them in Mexican stores.

Was uploading incorrect format :o

lost_in_migration
12-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Some of these people might have got GCs through other means... others who were sick and tired of being sick and tired might have abandoned their GC process and left the country.

Generally people receive GCs in their mailbox. So people who have a) Got GC through other means b) Left the country c) missing/dead, will they still receive their GC in mailboxes when their dates become current. Won't that be a waste of visa numbers?

If it is indeed a waste of visa numbers, then it would make sense to call the beneficiary to the nearest USCIS Field office to express their availability for GCs. Till such point visa number should not be considered as granted. This process can be simpler than finger-printing and could avoid possible waste of Visa #s.

skrish
12-13-2011, 12:28 PM

One should remember the petition has been around for only 2 weeks or less.
20000 participoants in 2 weeks is still pretty darn good

greencard.wait
12-13-2011, 01:14 PM
IV core team - Appreciate if you can add some more action items to the list. In last 24 hrs that Action Item thread is not updated too. People are losing hope.

My suggestion please add - WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 3012, The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/112_HR_3012.html)

Greentown
12-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Just be hopeful. I observed the donor forum thread is being frequently updated for the last 2 days. That means there is some action going on. So be hopeful and keep educating friends and others about the bill and IV.

neel_gump
12-13-2011, 01:37 PM
IV core team - Appreciate if you can add some more action items to the list. In last 24 hrs that Action Item thread is not updated too. People are losing hope.

My suggestion please add - WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 3012, The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/112_HR_3012.html)

Completely agree!! We need to cover as many sites as possible. That gives us more visibility.
Please add WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 3012, The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/112_HR_3012.html) to the action itesm

Hara Pata kab aayega
12-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Just be hopeful. I observed the donor forum thread is being frequently updated for the last 2 days. That means there is some action going on. So be hopeful and keep educating friends and others about the bill and IV.

Today I got email that "Orrin Hatch" is following on Twitter.

He is Senator from Great State of "Utah".

Seems like he got my msg..:)

Pappu_Pager
12-13-2011, 02:03 PM

Google each of the organization listed in that list and then get their contact no or updated email ... Sending mail letter might be helpful .. .. This list is the most comprehensive one you could find on internet .. so dont ignore it .. start from this list only ..

Pappu_Pager
12-13-2011, 02:05 PM
1. Visit the listed school or university or google
2. Search for Chinese or Indian Association in search box
3. Link to the association will be in top five search results, click on the right link
4. Hover over the page and click on Committee or contact us
5. E-mail individuals requesting their support and link to the petition etc.

I did that for ISA (approx. 100 e-mails) and received positive replies from approx. 10 ISA members.

good one .. We should be doing similar actions for Chinese and Mexican / Hispanic / Latino Student organization .. Their nos are huge and if they support, it would a big jump in the support for this bill ..

thomachan72
12-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Guys keep the activity going.

neel_gump
12-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Today I got email that "Orrin Hatch" is following on Twitter.

He is Senator from Great State of "Utah".

Seems like he got my msg..:)

He was Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman for a very long period and he definitely have some weight in the Senate

thomachan72
12-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Even though lots of folks are focusing their attention to get the required filings done in time due to the rather unexpected PD movment for EB2 the heart of this community is still behind IV and supporting 3012. We need to get this bill passed. Lets hope there will be a positive update from IV soon. We appreciate the good work IV leaders are doing continously. Meanwhile lets do our part by emailing senators, contributing and introducing the project to others who are unaware.

dts
12-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Google each of the organization listed in that list and then get their contact no or updated email ... Sending mail letter might be helpful .. .. This list is the most comprehensive one you could find on internet .. so dont ignore it .. start from this list only ..

Pappu's this idea is very effective. I found NJIT chinese student association President's contacts and forwarded all info to him . He may forward to other groups as he might be active with other organizations. Please just do not give up after sending email. Try to call them personally from the phone number you find from website. Explain them about H.R.3012 and its status. We need to keep momentum up.

Suva
12-13-2011, 04:26 PM
How are you doing this?

Should we do twitter action item ?
I don't see many people doing it. I am still doing it as @DeepakGupta4537

neel_gump
12-13-2011, 04:26 PM
53 to 47 now at WashingtonWatch.com (WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 3012, The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/112_HR_3012.html))

Keep going guys. Throw the nay'ers out of there!!!

Suva
12-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Got it.

Sent you a PM with the link.

django1
12-13-2011, 06:05 PM
reaching out to student organisations is VERY good and important. Typically they are the
best change agents

skrish
12-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Started on Dec 4th. Close to 20K in less than 10 days is pretty good going.

django1
12-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Read in latest Businessweek - 'Hold' is not even in the official Senate Rulebook

django1
12-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Why the Senate Is Sitting on 309 Bills - BusinessWeek (http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_19/b4177030174852.htm)

dealguy007
12-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Read in latest Businessweek - 'Hold' is not even in the official Senate Rulebook

what does this mean?

occupiedinthought
12-13-2011, 06:47 PM
That was a nice link.

Everyone, let's just stay patient. I don't know how many times a day I keep scanning different sites for more "news" on this topic. I still think there's a lot of stuff going on in the background. Best is to stay focused on the task in hand. Do whatever we can do and leave the rest to....

I am sure the congressmen who sponsored the bill (no names here) will be talking to the old curmudgeon in the background.

After all its a very simple argument.

Also funny as it may seem ROW'ers really think they are in control of things. The level of hostility is amazing. Loud campaigns might help against bills where you are adding visas. In this case no visas are added. I am sure once the concerned senator realizes his daft logic he will relent. I am sure there will be some concessions. After all he wants certain bills sponsored by him to pass. My only concern is the time. IV will not give up.

Our job is to be patient and keep at the action items.

pappu
12-13-2011, 06:51 PM

People should not lose hope with jut couple of week of doing action items. We have been working on immigration fixes for last 6 years and the reason why we have cntinued so long is because we never lost hope. Threre are hundreds of organizations standing in line for ten of years and after working hard they fail to get their bill introduced. On the other hand we have been able to get a lot accomplished in the last six years. A lot of people enjoying EAD since 2007 is because of our hard work. The recent movement in Eb 2 dates is all because of something we did 6-8 months ago and had been constantly pushing. Donor members already know about that. A lot can be done if we can get this community organized. We need to bring in those tens of thousands of people who will benefit from hr 3012 to immigration voice. This is the urgent action item. Where are all those people? Let's bring them in and when we do our next action item, it will not be a couple of hundred people participating, but tens of thousand. Nothing is impossible if there is strong conviction to succeed.

pappu

People should not lose hope with jut couple of week of doing action items. We have been working on immigration fixes for last 6 years and the reason why we have cntinued so long is because we never lost hope. Threre are hundreds of organizations standing in line for ten of years and after working hard they fail to get their bill introduced. On the other hand we have been able to get a lot accomplished in the last six years. A lot of people enjoying EAD since 2007 is because of our hard work. The recent movement in Eb 2 dates is all because of something we did 6-8 months ago and had been constantly pushing. Donor members already know about that. A lot can be done if we can get this community organized. We need to bring in those tens of thousands of people who will benefit from hr 3012 to immigration voice. This is the urgent action item. Where are all those people? Let's bring them in and when we do our next action item, it will not be a couple of hundred people participating, but tens of thousand. Nothing is impossible if there is strong conviction to succeed.

pappu

greencard.wait
12-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Why no other senator is acting to remove the "hold". IV please do something.

U.S. Senate: Reference Home > Glossary > hold (http://www.senate.gov/reference/glossary_term/hold.htm)

hold - An informal practice by which a Senator informs his or her floor leader that he or she does not wish a particular bill or other measure to reach the floor for consideration. The Majority Leader need not follow the Senator's wishes, but is on notice that the opposing Senator may filibuster any motion to proceed to consider the measure.

pappu
12-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Why no other senator is acting to remove the "hold". IV please do something.

U.S. Senate: Reference Home > Glossary > hold (http://www.senate.gov/reference/glossary_term/hold.htm)

hold - An informal practice by which a Senator informs his or her floor leader that he or she does not wish a particular bill or other measure to reach the floor for consideration. The Majority Leader need not follow the Senator's wishes, but is on notice that the opposing Senator may filibuster any motion to proceed to consider the measure.

It simply means our community needs to work harder and support IV. When the bill passed the house many thought it is an easy thing and they do not need to do anything now. This is based on the feedback we got from our volunteers that reached out to others. Now all thee people sitting and waiting from the sidelines will work together to get this bill to the finish line. Just need to work harder, support . Support and support. Is this effort and the fruits of this effort worth just $25? Each one of us need to ask this ourselves to do our part. IV will do its part that is directly proportional to the support it gets. This is the way to remove hold.

Pappu_Pager
12-13-2011, 08:37 PM
reaching out to student organisations is VERY good and important. Typically they are the
best change agents

True .. and I guess, we dont need to remind them that they will get the most benefit, if HR3012 is passed, because, they are not even in game yet, and when they start they will have clean field to play .. So, explain them in a nice email and mention how soon this bill affect / help them and so, how important it is to get their support for this .. Let them take it viral from there ..

starscream
12-13-2011, 09:33 PM
You need to inform IV Leadership immediately. PM Pappu/Starsun or post in donor forum. Do not post in open forum like this.

[QUOTE=Hara Pata kab aayega;3048087]Today I got email that "XXXX" is folowing on Twitter

Hara Pata kab aayega
12-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Point Noted!!

bhuka
12-14-2011, 03:10 AM
Guys anyone has info on Schumer's Irish E3 today? It's separate bill or has 3012 contents with in. I hope it's going alone, not taking free ride with our 3012.

bhuka
12-14-2011, 03:23 AM
I hear Schumer/Leahy/Durbin are supporting Irish E-3 and combining 3012 with it. If this is true then Grassley cannot hold - these three guys are very senior senators. I have emailed/faxed to their offices asking them pay specially pressure to un-hold 3012 and any related new bills.

I hate to say this, Sen.Grassley's hold on H.R 3012 may be the end of this bill. I'm really praying for not to happen, but I really afraid of it. This hold procedure was used before to block and kill the bills. I hope Sen.Grassley will change his mind and release the hold and give for vote. I'm hoping and praying for this bill to move forward. I already sent letter to CA Senators (Senator Barbara Boxerm and Senator Dianne Feinstein)

vsrinir
12-14-2011, 07:32 AM
I hear Schumer/Leahy/Durbin are supporting Irish E-3 and combining 3012 with it. If this is true then Grassley cannot hold - these three guys are very senior senators. I have emailed/faxed to their offices asking them pay specially pressure to un-hold 3012 and any related new bills.

Senator Charles Schumer unveils new Irish visa bill | Irish News | IrishCentral (http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Senator-Charles-Schumer-unveils-new-Irish-visa-bill-135569518.html)

mechanical13
12-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Guys, although there is very little information regarding the E-3 Irish VISA, my understanding is that this is not going derail HR 3012.

If any, its going to help HR 3012. Here's why:

The E-3 VISA is a already in place, but right now, it can only be used by Australians. This VISA category goes largely unused (~8000 each year goes unused).

I think what the Irish want to do is include Ireland on the list of countries eligible for the E-3 VISA. If my understanding is correct, this will not be new category, but merely a technical fix to the E-3. All congress will need to do is add 'and Irish Citizens' to E3 eligibility list.

The portion about undocumented worker might get removed when it goes through the judicial committee.

If the E3 amendment is added to HR 3012, it will merely bolster the bill and get it greater support.

Just my thoughts.

padmaforopt
12-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Senator Charles Schumer unveils new Irish visa bill | Irish News | IrishCentral (http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Senator-Charles-Schumer-unveils-new-Irish-visa-bill-135569518.html)

I see the news only in irish website .

padmaforopt
12-14-2011, 08:31 AM

When Rep. Jason Chaffetz [R-UT3] always says that this bill doesn't add a single visa . How could this be added as an amendment.

The Amendments can be officially declared before the debate ?particularly, when it is on hold ?

vsrinir
12-14-2011, 08:45 AM
When Rep. Jason Chaffetz [R-UT3] always says that this bill doesn't add a single visa . How could this be added as an amendment.

The Amendments can be officially declared before the debate ?particularly, when it is on hold ?

IV members like me are in dark...dont know ..anything from IV ..except doing action items everyday...I am doing all action items every day without my fault.

aznj123
12-14-2011, 09:04 AM
I see the news only in irish website .

The new bill introduced is S.1983, still the text is not available.

smuggymba
12-14-2011, 09:13 AM
It's holiday season - the season of bills in senate.

Just like we all work to accomplish our goals before the end of they year, the politicians introduce bills so they can say they worked to "fix the broken system" but failed because of Democrats/Republicans, whichever the case may be.

MIK18
12-14-2011, 09:59 AM
IV members like me are in dark...dont know ..anything from IV ..except doing action items everyday...I am doing all action items every day without my fault.

I agree.We are doing all the action items diligently.We are also contributing to IV for this great cause.It would be helpful for us if IV can share any updates.

I got to know from the other immigration site about the bill S.1983, introduced by Sen.Chuck Schumer yesterday and that it also contains a clause to eliminate the per country numerical limitation for employment based immigration.

greencard.wait
12-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Please don't forget to vote and send message from washingtonwatch.com site too

WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 3012, The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/112_HR_3012.html?page=12)

viji76
12-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Don't forget to vote using your SMARTPHONE!

Please don't forget to vote and send message from washingtonwatch.com site too

WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 3012, The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/112_HR_3012.html?page=12)

pak
12-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Sent an e-mail request to Public Relations Chair person for supporting HR 3012.
Public Relations (http://www.ianh.org/PublicRelations/)
I request all IV members to search ways to contact our community leaders involved in political awareness.

indigokiwi
12-14-2011, 10:44 AM

I agree.We are doing all the action items diligently.We are also contributing to IV for this great cause.It would be helpful for us if IV can share any updates.

I got to know from the other immigration site about the bill S.1983, introduced by Sen.Chuck Schumer yesterday and that it also contains a clause to eliminate the per country numerical limitation for employment based immigration.

IV Admin has been VERY BUSY the last couple of days working on our behalf. Please be a little patient...

smuggymba
12-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Politics is a dirty game - it not always about right/wrong or fair/unfair. Relax - Irish + India/China is good for us or for that matter, anything that helps 3012.

neelu8
12-14-2011, 11:02 AM
So just to clarify for everyone's benefit and to answer some questions, here's a list of all bills with our country limit provisions. This information is publicly available.

- HR3012 the house bill which passed the house with overwhelming majority is been referred to the Senate. Senator Grassley has put a hold on this bill.
- S1857, is the Senate version of the house bill (exact same bill word to word) and was introduced by Senator Mike Lee
- S1983, is a separate bill introduced by Senator Schumer and it is mainly a bill for Irish E3 visas but also includes the exact same provisions of HR3012/S1857
- Agree Act bill which was introduced by Senator Mark Rubio is a broader jobs bill but also includes the exact same provisions of HR3012/S1857

smuggymba
12-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Please review S. 1983: A bill to amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to eliminate the per-country numerical... (GovTrack.us) (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s112-1983) .It states that it is an amendment

It amends the INA...it's not an amendment itself

neelu8
12-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Folks, please continue with the action items and more importantly reach out to new people, new mailings lists, etc and get them to do the action items. This is very important, we need to get more people to participate. This will also ensure that we have a large number of people ready for the next set of action items as well.

nosightofgc
12-14-2011, 11:36 AM
Can you please keep the action items thread on the top? I cannot find it.

starscream
12-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the summary. Seems provisions of HR 3012 that passed the House is the comon thread in all the bills...and it can thus be inferred that Senators who have sponsored/cosponsored these bills (AGREE Act has 10 cosponsors) thus support this provision...

So just to clarify for everyone's benefit and to answer some questions, here's a list of all bills with our country limit provisions. This information is publicly available.

- HR3012 the house bill which passed the house with overwhelming majority is been referred to the Senate. Senator Grassley has put a hold on this bill.
- S1857, is the Senate version of the house bill (exact same bill word to word) and was introduced by Senator Mike Lee
- S1983, is a separate bill introduced by Senator Schumer and it is mainly a bill for Irish E3 visas but also includes the exact same provisions of HR3012/S1857
- Agree Act bill which was introduced by Senator Mark Rubio is a broader jobs bill but also includes the exact same provisions of HR3012/S1857

nosightofgc
12-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Action Items done for today.

newdif
12-14-2011, 12:54 PM
All action items completed today

Pappu_Pager
12-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Don't forget to vote using your SMARTPHONE!

:D good one ..

tanmay.parikh
12-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Actions items completed for today.

thomachan72
12-14-2011, 02:29 PM
IV moderators please clarify to the community when you get time that the members SHOULD NOT FOCUS OR SUPPORT OTHER BILLS OTHER THAN H.R.3012/S.1857. I see folks getting distracted and occasional posts encouraging others to support some other bills.

neelu8
12-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Moderators please clarify to the community that members SHOULD NOT FOCUS / SUPPORT ANY BILLS OTHER THAN H.R.3012 AND S.1857. Looks like some folks are distracted and are encouraging others to support various bills.

Correct. Please DO NOT create your own action items regarding the other bills. You will hear from IV if any other bills have to be supported. Please stick to HR3012 and the messages/letters from IV links.

Hara Pata kab aayega
12-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Do you want me to email every day as part of Action?

Amman
12-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Action items have been completed for today.

pkamthekar
12-14-2011, 03:35 PM
I completed action items for today.
Really this bill needs to pass there are no two ways about it...

smitin_2000
12-14-2011, 03:45 PM
I completed action items for today. did it earlier also, let's hope that H.R.3012 passes in the senate soon.

neelu8
12-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Do you want me to email every day as part of Action?

Yes. Use your judgement, don't spam them. But if you have not received a response form them please send the letters multiple times. And if receive a response, you should respond back and keep in touch with the office.

padmaforopt
12-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Yes. Use your judgement, don't spam them. But if you have not received a response form them please send the letters multiple times. And if receive a response, you should respond back and keep in touch with the office.

I was expecting a reply like this . I never see it here.
I requested lot of times , what should I do if I have received a reply from the senators(Do I have to reply back).

Keep in touch , Do you mean calling their office ?

Can I call senator office now? As it is not a current action item .

Amman
12-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Just a thought for discussion and guidance from IV.

1) Addition to completing action items, should we schedule an appointment with local Senator’s office to meet face-face with Senator or Chief Of Staff( or Sr.Senator’s Official) to hand over the petition and explain our situation to support 3012? I think this will add more weight to the case then sending emails/letters from unknown face.

2) Should folks who live in DC metro area go to the Capital Hill and hand over the petition to ALL senators office ?

What you think ?

Tips for Face-to-Face Meetings with Members of the U.S. Congress (http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepoliticalsystem/a/meetreps.htm)

thomachan72
12-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Just a thought for discussion and guidance from IV.

1) Addition to completing action items, should we schedule an appointment with local Senator’s office to meet face-face with Senator or Chief Of Staff( or Sr.Senator’s Official) to hand over the petition and explain our situation to support 3012? I think this will add more weight to the case then sending emails/letters from unknown face.

2) Should folks who live in DC metro area go to the Capital Hill and hand over the petition to ALL senators office ?

What you think ?

Tips for Face-to-Face Meetings with Members of the U.S. Congress (http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepoliticalsystem/a/meetreps.htm)
Amman these things I believe will be needed only after the "hold" is released and the bill is in for consideration. Again I might be wrong. Meetings and other personal items potentially are already happening. Otherwise IV would have specifically requested these. Why wouldn't they?

longwait4gc
12-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Contributed a small amount 100$
Your receipt number for this payment is: 2662-0222-2935-4104.

Pappu_Pager
12-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Contributed a small amount 100$
Your receipt number for this payment is: 2662-0222-2935-4104.

Thank you .. Guys, there are not many contributions coming now .. Contribution helps making us stronger to lobby in senate.. While other antis are gathering the huge fund, we should not be left behind on it ..

As I have said, earlier, as well -- many of us might be ready pay $1000+ for premium processing for some of the items to USCIS such as H1B filing in premium, I-140 in premium etc ... Investing half of that amount i.e. $500+ to a good cause here at IV to support this bill could save you another $1000+ premium processing in longer run ... How? --- If this bill passes with your generous contributions, your GC process gets expedited and so, you may be skipping all together 1 more H1B extension filing etc (if it would not have passed) .. so .. contributing here $500+ could be like investing for longer term here to save $1000+ in long term ..

Bring more donation and spread the word to Chinese and Mexican communities -- they could also bring good contribution to lobby ...

neelu8
12-14-2011, 05:39 PM
I was expecting a reply like this . I never see it here.
I requested lot of times , what should I do if I have received a reply from the senators(Do I have to reply back).

Keep in touch , Do you mean calling their office ?

Can I call senator office now? As it is not a current action item .

No, please do not call. Calling is not an action item. I meant keeping in touch through email. "Thank you for your response. I appreciate your support/position. Please let me know if you need any information. I am counting on your support for this bill when it comes for voting" Something short , similar to above.

padmaforopt
12-14-2011, 06:03 PM
No, please do not call. Calling is not an action item. I meant keeping in touch through email. "Thank you for your response. I appreciate your support/position. Please let me know if you need any information. I am counting on your support for this bill when it comes for voting" Something short , similar to above.

I guess there should be at-least one post from you everyday , to keep everyone's energies UP.

harakiri
12-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Completed AIs for today.

Contributed $100
Receipt No: 0034-3009-3868-0711
Please keep this receipt number for future reference. You'll need it if you contact customer service at Immigration Voice or PayPal.

-------
Total $200 so far

greencard.wait
12-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Broken immigration system needs this fix, says letter writer | NJ.com (http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index.ssf/2011/12/broken_system_needs_this_fix_s.html)

sage2006
12-15-2011, 01:32 AM
Thanks neelu8 for the guidance.
In addition -
1) Do not panic or make assumptions based on what you read in the media.
2) Stay patient and focussed on the current action items listed for now... and we will succeed for sure.
3) IV is at the forefront of this bill just like it has been from the very beginning...so while it is not possible to post frequent "updates" in the interest of achieving success, please be assured that whenever strategy demands it, relevant additional action items will be posted and we are confident that our members will make it a huge success just like the phone campaign and other action items here.
So spread the word among your friends and tell them to stay involved and on stand-by for any efforts...
4) Join/"Like" the IV page on Facebook (Support HR 3012)

regarding meeting local districts, there is already an open item to email district@immigrationvoice.org if you are interested in meetings in your local district. That is an ongoing action item.

skrish
12-15-2011, 06:18 AM
Donated another $200

Transaction ID #71273294JH8673732

Completed all Action items

The finish line is in sight ....

mechanical13
12-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Action Items done once again.

We are very close to 20,000 petitions.

Keep bringing in new folks.

GO IV GO!

Chandini
12-15-2011, 09:23 AM
Any body is interested in putting up flyer s in Chicago temple and the Chinese grocery this weekend (Sat). Hindu Temple Of Greater Chicago Lemont IL. Contact me or send email with contact number

GCTorture
12-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Action items completed for today.

thomachan72
12-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Action item also includes contacting friends, other organizations and spreading the message to support the bill. So make sure that portion is also done while you reply "action item completed":D:D

greencard.wait
12-15-2011, 12:06 PM
I hope people are still working on Flyers and voting at washingtonwatch.com site too.

I don't see much progress on petition2congresss action item. cross 20k target by EOD.

Please Vote 'Yes' on HR3012 | Petition2Congress (http://www.petition2congress.com/5686/please-vote-yes-on-fairness-high-skilled-immigrants-act/)

django1
12-15-2011, 12:59 PM
lets all start making plans for the weekend folks - i.e reaching out to friends, student organisations, flyer distributions, mails, faxes etc...

Chandini
12-15-2011, 01:32 PM
I will be going to Hindu temple of Chicago and some Chinese stores coming weekend any one who wants to help or join can contact me. What flyer should i use ?

ajay.pdrl
12-15-2011, 02:28 PM
If anybody would like to join or looking for Local Oregon team , please email me at ajay.pdrl@gmail.com

amulchandra
12-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Is senate in session next week or are they going on winter break?

Thank you

thomachan72
12-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Is senate in session next week or are they going on winter break?

Thank you They might be in next week too

amulchandra
12-15-2011, 02:47 PM
They might be in next week too

Thank you

Amul

Chandini
12-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Indian American politicians lead the fundraising campaigns
Turns out the Indian American politicians are a favored lot this election season. The current lot of candidates like Ami Bera, a California physician, Raja Krishnamoorthi, a former Illinois deputy state treasurer, and 24-year-old Ricky Gill, a University of California at Berkeley law student,have raised large sums of cash from the Indian community through fundraisers. These people are one of the top fundraisers from their parties. It is an indication of rising Indian impression in American Political arena.

Not So Fast on H.R. 3012: Senator Grassley Puts a Hold on Per Country Bill | US India Relationship Blog (http://blog.usinpac.com/stuart-anderson/not-so-fast-on-h-r-3012-senator-grassley-puts-a-hold-on-per-country-bill/)

harakiri
12-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Lets keep on going!

kaushik999
12-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Hi

i have put the flyers IN

Jersey City .... hanuman Temple , Newwark Ave , Gurudwara , India Counsalate in New york

last WEEK

Have decided to do it this WEEKEND too

Any VOLUNTERS from this area WANA JOIN me

AS I did it with MY DAUGHTER and a 4 Year SON

Response was GOOD But PEOPLE LIKE to get more EDUCATED and TALK about it

Pls Co-ordinate so WE can do the ACTION AGAIN

PK

skrish
12-15-2011, 05:21 PM
@Chandni,

I thin it would be an excellent idea for us or IV to reach out to these high-profile Indian Donors and request them to put in a word on our behalf, especially if they are any from IOWA....

@Kaushik, PM me your phone number or email id, I will try to join you either on saturday or sunday. I am planning on heading down to Chinatown

kaushik999
12-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Hi skrish

Phone is 646 919 7265
and Email is pk.usa@hotmail.com

Chandini
12-15-2011, 05:32 PM
I will be doing in Hindi temple in Chicago and some Chinese grocery store. Any one can come and help me on Sat. Please contact me immediately.

Chandini
12-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Study: High-skilled immigrants decrease poverty - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/study-high-skilled-immigrants-decrease-poverty/2011/12/14/gIQAyhmytO_blog.html)

skrish
12-15-2011, 05:38 PM
We Reached 20000 Guys..

Three Cheers and Keep going

This is only the beginning

skrish
12-15-2011, 05:42 PM
pls dont forget to keep driving up our votes on washingtonwatch.com also ...

Amman
12-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Can someone provide me the link for latest flyers ? I can spread them in temple, grocery stores etc in DC area this weekend.

manchala
12-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Keep spreading the word. We need more participation. Contact info@immigrationvoice.com to get involved more.

harakiri
12-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Hi,

I got a positive reply from my senator. Please let me know how to reach core team.

--HK

venkat_gc
12-15-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the email ID. I also got positive reply and forwarding to core team.

starscream
12-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Good job buddy!!!!!!

In addition to info@immigrationvoice.org you can also email ivcoordinator@gmail.com.
Thanks for not posting on open forum ...

Members should keep these 2 email ids handy in case they get a specific response from lawmaker and have to contact IV Core.

Thanks for the email ID. I also got positive reply and forwarding to core team.

Rb_newsletter
12-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Key senator blocks Lee-Chaffetz immigration bill | The Salt Lake Tribune (http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/53030697-90/immigration-bill-lee-visas.html.csp)

gk_2000
12-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Key senator blocks Lee-Chaffetz immigration bill | The Salt Lake Tribune (http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/53030697-90/immigration-bill-lee-visas.html.csp)

That's ancient. Even history..

Wonder what they are upto now :( and when do they plan to meet

zeta411
12-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Study: High-skilled immigrants decrease poverty - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/study-high-skilled-immigrants-decrease-poverty/2011/12/14/gIQAyhmytO_blog.html)
Chandini,

I am in chicago. Let me know. I can come to the temple to distribute the papers.

i_my_Voice
12-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Sent email requesting support to around 50 chinese students from UIC, Univ of Utah, and Princeton. Working on other universities now.

Here is the email if anyone wants it (copy from one of the flyer with minor change):
Are you an H1b / H4 / L1 / L2 / F1 visa holder? Is your spouse/relative or friend in the US on an employment based non-immigrant visa? Are you an employment-based green card applicant or are you planning to apply in the near future??

If so please IMMEDIATELY (YES TODAY) visit ImmigrationVoice.org - Home (http://www.immigrationvoice.org) and support H.R.3012 a bill in the senate that eliminates discrimination against Indian/Chinese applicants in the EB-based green card process by removing the per country quota system.

Currently the EB-green card applications are extremely backlogged for India/China with wait times of over 6-7 years.

Please support yourself/your family/your friend/your community. Support HR3012. FOR DETAILS ImmigrationVoice.org - Home (http://www.immigrationvoice.org)

FYI: This bill passed the US House of Representatives on Nov 29th with 96% support (Final vote tally was 389-15) and is now pending action in the Senate. The vote was a bi-partisan expression of support for an issue that is long overdue and needs congressional action immediately

Thanks!

i_my_Voice
12-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Sent to 25 Chinese Friends from Cornell Univ

i_my_Voice
12-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Job done for Duke China - Around 50 emails

i_my_Voice
12-16-2011, 12:11 AM
UNC Chapel Hill done.

I have kept the mailing list at the below location (add http):
icenterofexcellence.wordpress.com

Please send them emails requesting support but kindly don't spam them. Thanks!

i_my_Voice
12-16-2011, 12:40 AM
Wake Forest done.

List updated below:
icenterofexcellence.wordpress.com

i_my_Voice
12-16-2011, 01:41 AM
NCSU Complete and mailing list updated.

lost_in_migration
12-16-2011, 02:19 AM
While others sites like popvox.com, petition2congress.com & opencongress.org show on an average 80-20% distribution in favor of HR 3012 I was wondering why up-till a few days ago the voting on washingtonwatch.com was 45-55% against HR 3012.

Obviously someone was manipulating the system and I was curious to know how the manipulation was done without changing machines.

There was no registration needed on that site so two ways the tracking could be done was
a) Client-side cookies or
b) Tracking IP address.

With Client-side cookies one could vote multiple times with various browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc) and one can vote multiple times with the same browser if cookies are cleaned-up. But that didn't work so Tracking IP address was the only option left.

I tried from a laptop and then from a tab & an ipod touch but as all these were using the same router/modem due to which the ip subnet mask was same and hence that did not work as well. But it worked from VPN connection as well as from Citrix connection. It means if you can change IP address you can vote as many times as you want :mad:

How Antis might have changed IP address of the http request w/o m/c change?
A) Use various proxy servers available. Even though this shows Vote button the button may be dysfunctional if you use web-proxies. They manipulate the links and the links that are not plain links and submit to a form or use AJAX may not work.
B) Changing proxy in browser settings might work but I didn't try that.
C) Use Tor Software. The Tor Browser protects/annonymizes you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world. In this effort it takes the ip address of the end of the relay channel and not that of your machine/router.

When you install Tor Software (https://www.torproject.org) and execute Start Tor Browser.exe it starts Vidalia Control Panel which is a bit slow to start(Overall browsing is pretty slow on Tor). Here when you click on Use a New Identity button an instance of Tor browser opens up where one can go to http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/112_HR_3012.html by entering the URL in the address bar and can also vote over there. If you refresh it shows "You voted for this bill" message. Story doesn't end here.

When you click on Onion icon(2nd button from the left of the address bar) it shows a fallout menu in which the first item is New Identity. When you click that Tor Browser restarts and probably in the background picks up a different machine to route the request through from a distributed network of relays.

Now if you visit http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/112_HR_3012.html from this new Tor Browser instance you can see the voting for/against icons and when you vote the count gets updated. At times the same channel is picked up so you may see "You voted for this bill" message. In that case if you repeat the above process with new identity it works.

I just did it for testing purpose where the count increased from 8535 to 8540. The people or the individual(yeah even a single person can do this) who did this might be over-zealous of this whole voting thing (which I don't think the law-makers really care about) doesn't "want" to acknowledge that even the opposition can do the same and it will begin a rat-race in which the votes can go to a ridiculously high number and would just make a mockery of washingtonwatch.com instead of providing any value.

Who knows the washingtonwatch.com "issue" might already be a known issue and hence law-makers may not take it seriously if at all they pay any heed to these online votes. I obviously don't intend to pursue washingtonwatch.com by bogus-iVoting or ballot-eStuffing but it nice to know and share how things work.

Even through I don't believe in Online Petitions & Voting I have already done that and asked my friends to do so just because its on the IV Action Items list. I generally tend to do IV Action Items sincerely as
a) I believe they know what they are doing
b) They are more closer to the real action than I'am and
c) They are guided by experts and lobbying/advocacy firms who in-turn have the subject-matter expertise on how to get legislations passed.

pls dont forget to keep driving up our votes on washingtonwatch.com also ...

I hope people are still working on Flyers and voting at washingtonwatch.com site too.

I don't see much progress on petition2congresss action item. cross 20k target by EOD.

Please Vote 'Yes' on HR3012 | Petition2Congress (http://www.petition2congress.com/5686/please-vote-yes-on-fairness-high-skilled-immigrants-act/)

starscream
12-16-2011, 06:27 AM
Since I am an optimist, I tend to see the glass as hald full.

Here is a snippett from InformationWeek article dated December 15th , 2011- the article is unrelated to HR 3012 ..but the last para is note worthy (in bold)

"The House last month voted to eliminate per-country caps on employment-based green cards, a move that could make it easier for tech workers from highly populated nations like India and China to obtain permanent resident status. The Senate is expected to approve the new rules. "

GCTorture
12-16-2011, 07:34 AM
Since I am an optimist, I tend to see the glass as hald full.

Here is a snippett from InformationWeek article dated December 15th , 2011- the article is unrelated to HR 3012 ..but the last para is note worthy (in bold)

"The House last month voted to eliminate per-country caps on employment-based green cards, a move that could make it easier for tech workers from highly populated nations like India and China to obtain permanent resident status. The Senate is expected to approve the new rules. "

It will. Our collective faith will make it happen. Of course we should not forgot what we are supposed to do.

neelu8
12-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Done all actions items for today. I also sent a mail to Mr.Grassley on this link

Contributed another $100/ -. Total amount $550. Will contribute more.

Thank you. Hold off on messages to specific senators. There will be an action item for this. To be effective these messages need to go in large numbers and the right time. Stay tuned.

ronhira
12-16-2011, 08:43 AM
Here is the link to vote yea on HR 3012 on washingtonwatch.com

Vote yea (http://www.washingtonwatch.com/vote/cast/bills/200532444/yea)

There are lot of unregistered users visiting IV.
All guests,
Please click on the above link to express your support. Registration is not needed to do this.

so washingtonwatch.com is soup of the day....... look, anybody can create websites like this and start voting..... no one cares the % of vote on each site...... just look at 1-2 sites that core is telling us to look/vote...... rather than waiting time on scanning all such websites online which is waste of time......

just do a quick research...... washingtonwatch.com is ranked over 500,000 on alexa.com and iv website is ranked around 39,000 something.... meaning, washingtonwatch.com has 20 times less traffic than this website..... so help me understand, y r we advertising and increasing traffic for another inconsequential website for which no one else cares?

if anyone is interested, you can start your own similar website.... www.washingtonspeak.com url is available if anyone is interested..... just 1 request..... don't waste my time asking me read u'r long meaningless posts only to vote on your silly private website becoz i know that it does not mean anything.....

thomachan72
12-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Thank you. Hold off on messages to specific senators. There will be an action item for this. To be effective these messages need to go in large numbers and the right time. Stay tuned.

Cant wait for that moment Neelu. Hope we get a good Christmas gift from IV soon:D:D

i_my_Voice
12-16-2011, 10:25 AM
so washingtonwatch.com is soup of the day....... look, anybody can create websites like this and start voting..... no one cares the % of vote on each site...... just look at 1-2 sites that core is telling us to look/vote...... rather than waiting time on scanning all such websites online which is waste of time......

just do a quick research...... washingtonwatch.com is ranked over 500,000 on alexa.com and iv website is ranked around 39,000 something.... meaning, washingtonwatch.com has 20 times less traffic than this website..... so help me understand, y r we advertising and increasing traffic for another inconsequential website for which no one else cares?

if anyone is interested, you can start your own similar website.... www.washingtonspeak.com url is available if anyone is interested..... just 1 request..... don't waste my time asking me read u'r long meaningless posts only to vote on your silly private website becoz i know that it does not mean anything.....
Agreed! Instead of using our IT/google skills and responding to ROWER's messages, our TOTAL EFFORTS should be on increasing awareness for ImminigrationVoice.org to thousands of Indian/Chinese/Philipinos/Mexican friends? This is an action item thread and should only be focused on this single GOAL. So I think we all should just try to reach out to as many folks as possible (not Senators - that will come from IV's direction) and report your action here so others feel motivated. Admin's should probably delete out of context messages more often and no-one should feel offended as any interested newcomer to this site would be completely confused with several out-of-agenda topics being discussed on this thread. Thanks!

tb2904
12-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Completed the action items.

Quick question -- can our provisions (HR 3012) be part of the omnibus?

i_my_Voice
12-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Reached out to around 20 Indiana Univ Chinese Students Association Leads.

TO BE OR NO TO BE
12-16-2011, 11:30 AM
To gain maximum exposure...can we advertise on major media outlets (Times of India, IBN, other local language news papers, SET, ZTV etc.) and TV channels..

I saw someone suggested here before. Prime time rates for 20 Second slot on Sony Entertainment TV USA's rates are $200 to $250:

If IV can come up with a nice Video explaining H.R. 3012 and directing to our website....I am assuming we can say a lot in a 20 to 30 seconds video and create the interest for people to be aware of ImmigrationVoice...

Members can volunteer to pay for one day's worth of charges or one advertisement (on news paper websites) etc...that way they see their direct contribution and feel proud about it too!

Just a thought....if IV Core Team is ready.....we can co-ordinate (I will take initiative and contribute towards it too...)

gotgc?
12-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Completed my action items today

harakiri
12-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Both my senators have replied to me, I have responded back as well. Should I still send them emails/letters?

i_my_Voice
12-16-2011, 12:59 PM
To gain maximum exposure...can we advertise on major media outlets (Times of India, IBN, other local language news papers, SET, ZTV etc.) and TV channels..

I saw someone suggested here before. Prime time rates for 20 Second slot on Sony Entertainment TV USA's rates are $200 to $250:

If IV can come up with a nice Video explaining H.R. 3012 and directing to our website....I am assuming we can say a lot in a 20 to 30 seconds video and create the interest for people to be aware of ImmigrationVoice...

Members can volunteer to pay for one day's worth of charges or one advertisement (on news paper websites) etc...that way they see their direct contribution and feel proud about it too!

Just a thought....if IV Core Team is ready.....we can co-ordinate (I will take initiative and contribute towards it too...)
Love this creative idea! Not sure the direction of IV leadership on this but if they agree, you can count on me anytime. IV is doing everything possible for us and I have no words to express my sincere gratitude towards them. Also big thanks to everyone contributed and helped us move this far. We are all VERY creative and that's why we are here in States. So let's re-energize and utilize our google/IT skills in reaching out to several thousand gentle men/women and let them aware of this OUTSTANDING IV team and the BEST IMMIGRATIONVOICE.ORG. Together we win!

ngpt8ht
12-16-2011, 02:04 PM
I agree with i_my_Voice. We should definitely advertise on South Asian channels. If Prem Jyotish can advertise all day long why can't we at least try for a few slots. :)

sunshine007
12-16-2011, 02:04 PM
12/16/2011: H.R. 3012 Update

There was an important development for this bill in the Senate yesterday. According to AILA, Senator Grassley offered an amendment that (1) eliminated the provisions for the family per county limit increase, (2) proposed to reduce the employment based per country limit to 15%, (3) proposed to eliminate diversiity visa program, and (4) proposed provisions to increase enforcement and U.S. worker protections to the H-1B and L-1 visa programs. As the readers can see from the foregoing proposals, such proposals are something which the Democrat Senators cannnot accep and reportly his amendment was objected. AILA thus reports that his hold on the H.R. 3012 remains in tact. Reportedly, survivality of H.R. 3012 itself is considered dubious.

Courtesy : OH Law Firm (http://www.immigration-law.com/)

Does anybody know about this amendments to bill?

oracleking
12-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Senator Grassley proposed an amendment to remove hold on HR3012

There was an important development for this bill in the Senate yesterday. According to AILA, Senator Grassley offered an amendment that (1) eliminated the provisions for the family per county limit increase, (2) proposed to reduce the employment based per country limit to 15%, (3) proposed to eliminate diversiity visa program, and (4) proposed provisions to increase enforcement and U.S. worker protections to the H-1B and L-1 visa programs. As the readers can see from the foregoing proposals, such proposals are something which the Democrat Senators cannnot accep and reportly his amendment was objected. AILA thus reports that his hold on the H.R. 3012 remains in tact. Reportedly, survivality of H.R. 3012 itself is considered dubious.

AILA - H.R. 3012 – Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (Updated 12/16/11) (http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=37451)

dkshitij
12-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Sen.Grassley's amendment:

http://www.aila.org/content/fileviewer.aspx?docid=37451&linkid=241379

AILA article:
AILA - H.R. 3012 – Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (Updated 12/16/11) (http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=37451)

On 12/15/12, in order to release his hold on hold on H.R. 3012, Senator Grassley offered an amendment that would make dramatic changes to the bill including elimination of the family per county limit increase and reducing the employment based per country limit to 15%. Furthermore, his amendment would eliminate the diversity visa program and adds in provisions that would increase enforcement and U.S. worker protections to the H-1B and L-1 visa programs.

Senator Grassley’s amendment was objected to, therefore his hold on the bill remains. While other senators may try to negotiate a compromise amendment with Senator Grassley, at this time it appears unlikely that such an agreement is likely.

django1
12-16-2011, 02:11 PM
ahh... There goes the Great PROTEXCTOR of Future Immigration Flows.

Eliminating the Diversity Visa Program altogether. There is a word to describe such people ....

:-)

django1
12-16-2011, 02:13 PM
aplogiese for the spelling - PROTECTOR

nosightofgc
12-16-2011, 02:15 PM
I don't get it. The whole purpose of the bill is to provide fairness and provide GCs based on FIFO as compared to the current quota system. Not sure why Grassley still wants to set it to a limit such as 15%.

Good news is that there are some negotiations going on in the back ground. but the bad news is still it is on hold.

Sen.Grassley's amendment:

AILA article:

django1
12-16-2011, 02:18 PM
again, really,really bad spelling man, but please dont call me a Hypocrite :-)

Ajoshi
12-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Absolutely. If IV gives us a go ahead, we can make it happen.

Love this creative idea! Not sure the direction of IV leadership on this but if they agree, you can count on me anytime. IV is doing everything possible for us and I have no words to express my sincere gratitude towards them. Also big thanks to everyone contributed and helped us move this far. We are all VERY creative and that's why we are here in States. So let's re-energize and utilize our google/IT skills in reaching out to several thousand gentle men/women and let them aware of this OUTSTANDING IV team and the BEST IMMIGRATIONVOICE.ORG. Together we win!

madaram
12-16-2011, 02:44 PM

I will pay for a advertisement.

Total Contribution with sponsorship of advocacy efforts.
$1200.

skrish
12-16-2011, 02:57 PM
I think a good compromise at this time is FB is dropped from H.R 3012 and Grassley drops his hold, even with say a 15% EB Coutry limit, its still a good negotiated settlement for us. I havent heard the FB ppl being too vocal in their support for this anyways....

Cheers

greencard.wait
12-16-2011, 03:00 PM
(b) EFFECTIVE DATE.—The amendment made by subsection (a) shall take effect on October 1, 2012.

skrish
12-16-2011, 03:04 PM
the amendment will take effect from Oct 2012...i.e diversity visa and Country based EB 15% and higher scrutiny for H1's. But the rest of the law will be effective immediately?

nosightofgc
12-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Short term benefits vs. long term and also it depends on what priority date you are at. 7% to 15% might reduce the wait times to half, but still it is very substantial.

I think a good compromise at this time is FB is dropped from H.R 3012 and Grassley drops his hold, even with say a 15% EB Coutry limit, its still a good negotiated settlement for us. I havent heard the FB ppl being too vocal in their support for this anyways....

Cheers

Abhi_OneDay
12-16-2011, 03:08 PM
More miraculous things have happened in the past thanks to relentless efforts of IV over the years...we shall get past this too....heartening to see such a well orchestrated effort..way to go IV core and each one of you for your support

by the way.. got replies from both the CA senators...one was an automated one a few days ago...and a detailed favorable response from the other last night...;)

rorlig
12-16-2011, 03:10 PM
is the employment based visa still first come first serve, with limit of 15 %? If that is the case then I am happy that it got rejected. IV should rather fight for first come first serve then piecemeal reform.

neelu8
12-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Hang in there folks. Nothing has changed. The bill still has a hold by a single senator and has broad support in the Senate. I know its hard/confusing to read about a new amendment/new bill every day and not have the full picture. There was a lot of similar drama on this bill on the house side also and look how well that turned out. Only difference is this time everyone is interested in the news and reporting every little truth, half truth and rumor on it and back then we could quietly plough through it. There is a process here in the Senate as well and we will have to work through it.
And no the process won't be done by christmas or at the speed of blinking an eye like some of your posts are expecting/hoping. While we understand the need of urgency, lets be realistic here! Remember how long it took in the house and there were months of pre-work before it even got introduced.
We need everyone single person's support on this. Spread the word, contribute and keep up the good work. Stay tuned for more action items that will posted over the weekend.

Thanks everyone for your contributions and good suggestions !(like TV advertisements). We will implement some of the suggestions at the right time.

neel_gump
12-16-2011, 03:12 PM
We should fight for at least 25 to 30% for EB country limit. But if we struck at 15%, then we need to fight for those 65000 DV lottery visa to be allocated to EB3 backlog.

rorlig
12-16-2011, 03:20 PM
btw i will be distributing banners near Ashland, MA (temple) and Harvard on Saturday. If interested please PM me.

Amman
12-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Agreed. the amendments proposed by grassley go nowhere because Democrat Senators can't support them. grassley knows it so his intention was to kill3012 indirectly. But God has different plan, different amendments which will go through..hang in there folks

GCTorture
12-16-2011, 03:49 PM
"There was an important development for this bill in the Senate yesterday. According to AILA, Senator Grassley offered an amendment that (1) eliminated the provisions for the family per country limit increase, (2) proposed to reduce the employment based per country limit to 15%, (3) proposed to eliminate diversiity visa program, and (4) proposed provisions to increase enforcement and U.S. worker protections to the H-1B and L-1 visa programs. As the readers can see from the foregoing proposals, such proposals are something which the Democrat Senators cannnot accept and reportly his amendment was objected. AILA thus reports that his hold on the H.R. 3012 remains in tact. Reportedly, survivality of H.R. 3012 itself is considered dubious. "

<-- thats from OH Law Firm. Really scary and very depressing. I hope IV Core, says something on this. :(

i_my_Voice
12-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Hang in there folks. Nothing has changed. The bill still has a hold by a single senator and has broad support in the Senate. I know its hard/confusing to read about a new amendment/new bill every day and not have the full picture. There was a lot of similar drama on this bill on the house side also and look how well that turned out. Only difference is this time everyone is interested in the news and reporting every little truth, half truth and rumor on it and back then we could quietly plough through it. There is a process here in the Senate as well and we will have to work through it.
And no the process won't be done by christmas or at the speed of blinking an eye like some of your posts are expecting/hoping. While we understand the need of urgency, lets be realistic here! Remember how long it took in the house and there were months of pre-work before it even got introduced.
We need everyone single person's support on this. Spread the word, contribute and keep up the good work. Stay tuned for more action items that will posted over the weekend.

Thanks everyone for your contributions and good suggestions !(like TV advertisements). We will implement some of the suggestions at the right time.
Can't agree anymore. Thanks for the detailed response!
We are fighting against injustice that is never easy. We just need to keep our head down and continue to spread words about ImmigrationVoice and we have do this with our heart out. We are not that many on this forum but we have all the abilities to increase our support multi-fold. We just need to roll our sleeves up and give our best shot folks. Keep on increasing awareness of IV, keep on increasing awareness of IV, keep on increasing awareness of IV - that's the only GOAL and leave the rest for IV.

neelu8
12-16-2011, 04:06 PM
"There was an important development for this bill in the Senate yesterday. According to AILA, Senator Grassley offered an amendment that (1) eliminated the provisions for the family per country limit increase, (2) proposed to reduce the employment based per country limit to 15%, (3) proposed to eliminate diversiity visa program, and (4) proposed provisions to increase enforcement and U.S. worker protections to the H-1B and L-1 visa programs. As the readers can see from the foregoing proposals, such proposals are something which the Democrat Senators cannnot accept and reportly his amendment was objected. AILA thus reports that his hold on the H.R. 3012 remains in tact. Reportedly, survivality of H.R. 3012 itself is considered dubious. "

<-- thats from OH Law Firm. Really scary and very depressing. I hope IV Core, says something on this. :(

See my earlier post, nothing has changed. And just to clarify, Grassley's amendment was not a surprise and was rejected as expected.

howzatt
12-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Once Grassley put a hold on the bill, it was possible that this bill will not pass this year. We just have to keep working on the action items. We just have to let the process play itself out.

The positive is that Grassley realizes that there is overwhelming support for the bill. I don't see why he would bother to introduce these amendments when he could have let the bill die. Anybody care to comment on this aspect? What are the technical issues w.r.t to the senate? Was Grassley worried that majority leader would bring this up for vote? Like someone said earlier, a book on the behind the scenes work would be a great read

I read on the business week article that there are currently 309 bills that are on hold in the senate. I'm not sure if any amendments were suggested for these 309 bills.

The fact that he brought these amendments out should tell us that IV is active behind the scenes and trying their best. We cannot thank you enough for your work. Keep up your spirits everyone, I'm pretty sure this is just a minor bump.

sage2006
12-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Very well said.
As it was pointed out before..do not panic or believe every news article out there in the media.
Focus on existing action items and at the right time and based on the right strategy new action items will be announced.

Greentown
12-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Like all others I am also anxious to see this bill in senate for voting. But, last few weeks made me realize that the bill needs to run its course and the process is slow. Lets not pay attention to rumors. As per the neelu's updates , IV is working hard behind the scenes. Thats enough to know and for us to keep motivated. Lets bring in more and more people to support IV and the Bill. And lets keep the action going. I mentally ready to run this process untill some time towards the end of January or may be more. Waiting one more month is just nothing when compared to my wait time in GC since 2003. And it is a bill worth fighting for the right cause. Lets not pay attention to rumors. Just blindly follow IV action items as they lead this effort.

greencard.wait
12-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Always good to hear from IV members.. looking for to hear new action items.

snathan
12-16-2011, 04:29 PM

Dont listen to those ^&&%%&*....