PDA

View Full Version : Report your action items here

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

dannydara
12-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Hope this bill will make many lives better in America!!! God Bless!

newdif
12-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Me 2, completed all action items.

skrish
12-05-2011, 07:29 PM
I am reattaching the profile pics I had previously created for twitter for those of us who might find it useful rather than the default 'egg'. getting down to action items now,

oracleking
12-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Just completed following action items -
1.Send email to Senators
2.Sign online petition to Senators including Mr. President
3.Sent printed letters to Senators and Congressman via link at the end of petition

Thanks

oracleking
12-05-2011, 07:48 PM
7400+ Letters n emails sent so far....

Keep pushing everyone that you know of who can help us out in the time of need.

indrachat_75
12-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Let's target 10,000 by today !!

skrish
12-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Contributed another $100

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 3BL837087B9146903.

Taking my total to $1350

Sent letters to senators and mails to some of my friends who are currently in IOWA to send letters
and sign the online petition too.

Activism from IOWA is very important

maverick41
12-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Contributed $100.
Paypal receipt number for this payment is: 2311-6509-1506-7005.

KiranKashi
12-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Completed all the action items.

skrish
12-05-2011, 08:34 PM
cp,[;eted all action items and followed all senators.

eastwest
12-05-2011, 08:51 PM
To all fellow IVians,

I just saw some new members who have started supporting IV seems to be little offended since their post were deleted etc...Or someone was trying to suggest new idea.

As I understand, IV has made huge efforts to get up to this point So obviously its not fluke....but a well planned mission.

So my personal opinion is, Please follow action items rather coming up with new ideas or things to do. This is the best way we can do to show our strength to all who even questions our ability to get this job done.

Thank you,

East West

thomachan72
12-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Done!
Keep it up friends..

manchala
12-05-2011, 09:43 PM
IF any one is confused.. action items are here..

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/2586064-action-item-hr-3012-week-of-12-5-11-a.html#post3029302

thomachan72
12-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Lot of our folks understandably are experiencing lots of emotional turbulence. The passage through the house and then the sudden hold and now the period of quietness etc has taken its toll and created lots of anxiety. It is no surprise that folks want to take control of the situation and that always happens whenever there is a period of quietness/uncertainty. Particularly folks who want tangible results very frequently tend to question the leadership. However, what we are seeing is that IVs support base is widening and participation is increasing every minute. Infact IV has grown over october/november and looks like we are part of a very powerful movement. All we need now is the final push from all of us and this includes our hopes, prayers and diligent following of the action items. Anxiety/impatience/frustration not only robs us of our goals but also destroys our bodies in the process. Let us make a conscious choice/decision to be hopeful/positive/extremely patient and extremely supportive and then watch the miracle happen!!!! Enjoy every moment of your life and use this as an opportunity to connect with other folks. Let the community and IV grow stronger:D:D:D:D

The Alchemist
12-05-2011, 10:02 PM
awesome message.

Lot of our folks understandably are experiencing lots of emotional turbulence. The passage through the house and then the sudden hold and now the period of quietness etc has taken its toll and created lots of anxiety. It is no surprise that folks want to take control of the situation and that always happens whenever there is a period of quietness/uncertainty. Particularly folks who want tangible results very frequently tend to question the leadership. However, what we are seeing is that IVs support base is widening and participation is increasing every minute. Infact IV has grown over october/november and looks like we are part of a very powerful movement. All we need now is the final push from all of us and this includes our hopes, prayers and diligent following of the action items. Anxiety/impatience/frustration not only robs us of our goals but also destroys our bodies in the process. Let us make a conscious choice/decision to be hopeful/positive/extremely patient and extremely supportive and then watch the miracle happen!!!! Enjoy every moment of your life and use this as an opportunity to connect with other folks. Let the community and IV grow stronger:D:D:D:D

Like https://www.facebook.com/Support.HR3012

veran10
12-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Thank you IV, We all are looking for Day when we can call we Did it

My family contribution $100 and the receipt number for this payment is: 1374-3201-8439-6461

rkay
12-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Completed 1,2 & 3

harakiri
12-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Completed all except twitter (partial). I have an established twitter account and dont want that suspended. Will be bulk tweeting (6 - 10 senators) with 10 minute breaks in between.

pappu
12-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Hi,
Can we have some IOWA Senator specific action items please?. Also I am hearing that if the bill is not taken up by Dec 16 it will not be considered as the Congress year is ending. What are the thoughts?

Do not believe in rumors or post them. Only post from credible news media sources.

rego
12-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Donted $100 today. Action Items completed.

Transaction ID: 30M20699TP1012846

padmaforopt
12-05-2011, 11:47 PM
To all fellow IVians,

I just saw some new members who have started supporting IV seems to be little offended since their post were deleted etc...Or someone was trying to suggest new idea.

As I understand, IV has made huge efforts to get up to this point So obviously its not fluke....but a well planned mission.

So my personal opinion is, Please follow action items rather coming up with new ideas or things to do. This is the best way we can do to show our strength to all who even questions our ability to get this job done.

Thank you,

East West

Please follow action items rather coming up with new ideas. Please re think before you write something .

IV is the big hope for all EB immigrants.But, I dont think all IV members are just 'nodding heads' without any thought .If it is so, there won't be more than 8k signs on the online petition in one day.Please count on the posts of action items done here.

Efforts of an enthusiastic /excited /dedication will yield multi fold results than a dumb nodding head.

No Offense , As I said earlier , If IV is expecting only action items for now . No one needs to(will) refresh the threads . They will look at the first two pages do the action items and post after the action items done .

I am not questioning IV , Might be I am clearing misunderstanding for other IV members.

Pappu_Pager
12-05-2011, 11:47 PM

Very True

Pappu_Pager
12-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Call your Real Estate Agent and request them to go the "yes" page and send the emails
Request 2 or 3 of you citizen friends to go to the "yes" page.

here is the link again - Please Vote 'Yes' on | Petition2Congress (http://www.petition2congress.com/5686/please-vote-yes-on-fairness-high-skilled-immigrants-act/)

Good one..

imh1b
12-05-2011, 11:58 PM
I called my extended family-relatives, friends and asked them to sign petition and tell more people. I posted on my facebook and my alumni network.

Asked each one I know to contribute funds.

Guys let us all spread message

sekharg
12-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Completed all action items

justice4all
12-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Done signing online petition, sent letters to senators, clicked like in facebook and tweeted half of the Senators. Will tweet remaining tomorrow.

Keep it up Guys

rorlig
12-06-2011, 01:12 AM
I have contacted a lot of indian communities/ student bodies over the last 2 hours particularly in the IOWA/ Mid-west region. Hopefully we will see more participation.

rorlig
12-06-2011, 01:19 AM
Not by me...

I have mostly being contacting the IOWA desi community sites and IOWA + midwest student bodies (just by google searching)....

If there is poster / pamphlets I can put these up at local Boston/Cambridge/Waltham desi stores and restaurants. Let me know if there is some material.

rorlig
12-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Will contact the local chapter on it.

sanketrathi
12-06-2011, 02:06 AM
Completed sending letters and also contributed $200.

thomachan72
12-06-2011, 02:43 AM
Good job everybody. Everyday we are growing. Tomorrow will bring in new members and more support. Go IV:D:D:D

veran10
12-06-2011, 06:56 AM
Our Support in the PopBox is decreasing. Now it stands 73%. Any idea How to get momentum on PopBox too?

checklaw
12-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Completed all except Twitter..
checklaw

nitlsu
12-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Keep up the fantastic work you have been doing core team! My $100 contribution is on the way (PayPal # 7CL43021H34384632)

iv_gc
12-06-2011, 08:17 AM
The best way to reach more people is to distribute flyers
1. At the Desi Grocery stroes like Sabji Mandi, Patel brothers and like that.
2. Near Temples. (Swami narayan, ISCON, Balaji and mosques).

Please ask for volunteers in each city. Also as a social responsibility collect toys/donations for children.

smuggymba
12-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Our Support in the PopBox is decreasing. Now it stands 73%. Any idea How to get momentum on PopBox too?

by creating an account and then clicking on SUPPORT.

manchala
12-06-2011, 09:19 AM
If you are wondering where the action items are...

here they are....

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/2586064-action-item-hr-3012-week-of-12-5-11-a.html#post3030600

kabhikabhi
12-06-2011, 09:23 AM
I got google news alert for HR 3012 and all three news were related to anti-HR 3012.

We need to have more positive links show up in Google!

sathishav
12-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Completed all action items, except twitter. Also took the offer to send paper letters for $9.

I see an petition to oppose Hr3012 has about 3k signatures. We have to up the ante.

Pappu_Pager
12-06-2011, 09:56 AM
The best way to reach more people is to distribute flyers
1. At the Desi Grocery stroes like Sabji Mandi, Patel brothers and like that.
2. Near Temples. (Swami narayan, ISCON, Balaji and mosques).

Please ask for volunteers in each city. Also as a social responsibility collect toys/donations for children.

I had mentioned similar things in one of my earlier posts ... People coming to those stores on weekend are many and .. Many elder people (who are either parents of GC or Citizen and who are in line waiting for their GC or .. parents of H1Bs or even citizen, who support immigrants) dont access all these forums / internet etc .. Best would be to setup stalls in these areas (E.g. Edison in NJ, Devon Street in Chicago, similar crowded area in California and across US) -- Have internet (WiFi card or via phone internet) and other details, IV logo and flyer .. and have supports sign up, file / submit etc. there itself .. Help them logging in etc ..

Also, why only in Indian area .. It can also be done around area crowded with other affected nationalities / immigrants (like Mexican, Chinese etc) ..

I am positive .. that an integrated couple of weekends across US would bring more mass for support than anyone could expect ..

Also, other community service can be included, as you mentioned - such as collection for children etc ..

thomachan72
12-06-2011, 09:57 AM
I got google news alert for HR 3012 and all three news were related to anti-HR 3012.

We need to have more positive links show up in Google!

This can appear scary but in reality it is absolutely nothing to fear. So long as we support and contribute and make IV stronger we have done our part. Remember that this Grassley hold has nothing to do with these anti-3012 emails/propaganda. Remember that the anti-3012 propaganda is negative in itself. The senator is not stupid to not realize that when a person with a name and origin that clearly shows that he is an EB-immigration applicant (ROW) claims that 3012 will take away american jobs, the person has some other very ulterior motives to make that claim (shouldn't he/she also be a culprit in that case:D). Also it is clear with the huge bipartisan support that the anti-3012 in itself speaks volumes about the origin of such messages. No antiimmigrant group has taken a stance against this bill!! so why are you afraid of the sound made by cicada in the forest. Work and do as IV says with truth and faith in your heart and the victory will be yours.
Dont panic and post unwanted messages here and there. Just concentrate and do as IV says.
1) Bring in your friends/family to email/twitter/contribute
2) ofcourse do your personal part also email/twitter/contribute/facebook etc
Everything exactly as IV says. :D:D:D:D

nrmarrivada9
12-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Keep up the good work IV.
Donated $100 and the receipt # is 1KB74642Y9081172B.

Regards
Naveen Reddy

Pappu_Pager
12-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Not sure why some moderators delete every single post of mine. None of them were anti-Iv.
If this continues, I will stop participating in any action item.

They are deleting my posts, as well . .many of those were directly related to support this good cause .. not sure, what is going on .. !

122003PK
12-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Signed online petition and sent printed letters to my senators.

PK

bigboy007
12-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Signed online petition and sent printed letters to my senators.

PK
Need more ppl and contributions please come forward

nk29
12-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Completed all 3 action items. Will contribute soon. Good luck . Keeping fingers crossed.

NK29

nosightofgc
12-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Done action items for today. Also requested for paper print outs and mail.

Forwarded Aman's mail to colleagues and distributing internally to seek more broader support.

thomachan72
12-06-2011, 10:45 AM
They are deleting my posts, as well . .many of those were directly related to support this good cause .. not sure, what is going on .. !
Many of mine were deleted too. So what?? Is that bothering you too much? Remain focussed on the goal and the task. Sometimes there might be elements in the post that necessitate removal for the sake of maintaining focus. Remember that NOBODY is bigger than the cause we fight for. If you are really committed to the cause the ignore it when a post gets deleted. Its only the antis who make fuss about posts that are deleted. Whenever a person complains about his/her post being deleted it immediately causes other members to be suspicious of that person. So have faith and patience with the moderators. They are working "FULL TIME" to make sure the thread is kept focussed. I cannot even imagine taking the responsibility these guys have taken upon themselves. God bless their efforts!!

howzatt
12-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Many of mine were deleted too. So what?? Is that bothering you too much? Remain focussed on the goal and the task. Sometimes there might be elements in the post that necessitate removal for the sake of maintaining focus. Remember that NOBODY is bigger than the cause we fight for. If you are really committed to the cause the ignore it when a post gets deleted. Its only the antis who make fuss about posts that are deleted. Whenever a person complains about his/her post being deleted it immediately causes other members to be suspicious of that person. So have faith and patience with the moderators. They are working "FULL TIME" to make sure the thread is kept focussed. I cannot even imagine taking the responsibility these guys have taken upon themselves. God bless their efforts!!

I couldn't agree more with this post. Let's focus on the task at hand and stop worrying about why posts are getting deleted. Mods are just trying to reduce the clutter and make it easy for people joining the organization to find their way to the action items.

Make no mistake, we'll issue an RFE to the mods once it's all said and done :)

Suva
12-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Done with emails and petition. I don't see the links for tweeting to senators. Don't we have to do this?

rajeev_achary
12-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Done with emails and petition. I don't see the links for tweeting to senators. Don't we have to do this?

We reached 10K Petitions as of Now. cheers.
congrats IV

hpandey
12-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Our petition on Petition2Congress now has 10,000 signatories. We need more !! Please call all your friends and families to support this petition.

Thanks

indrachat_75
12-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Please Vote 'Yes' on HR3012 - 10,010 Letters and Emails Sent So Far. Great Job everyone, so far. Long way to go still :)

Let's target for 20K now !!

manchala
12-06-2011, 11:32 AM
here are the action items.....

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/2586064-action-item-hr-3012-week-of-12-5-11-a.html#post3031285

Pappu_Pager
12-06-2011, 11:34 AM

I understand but at the same time, it is not nice to delete the post or not post it at all without notifying the person, who posted .. I mean, I could understand doing that if the posts were totally anti and/or abusive ...But, post were about some creative ideas, etc. to simulate the brain-storming here, it should not be deleted without notice ... I mean, at least give a one line PM that why it is being deleted or that you cannot post it, AS IS .. etc ..

By opposing to this, I didn't mean that I am not focused nor I would encourage anyone to stop supporting this movement . .that's not good team-spirit ..but, please consider our view on deleting posts without intimation .. It may not be considered nice, especially for new users, who needs to educated on what to post etc ..

Alternative could be -- have another thread (members only or so) for sharing brain-storming ideas / input .. If someone finds something .. share that over there .. etc ..

mrdeeds
12-06-2011, 11:41 AM
I think the signatories are 10000/2 = 5000 assuming each signatory sends to 2 senators. 10000 is the number of letters/emails sent.

Considering that I, my wife and 2 children sent letters and most likely others did the same too (atleast recruit their spouses to send), I think we still need to reach out to the many many thousands of people that are going to be impacted by this.

This number isn't big enough to rejoice.

Madhuri
12-06-2011, 11:41 AM
You are absolutely welcome to start a brain storming thread.

Chandini
12-06-2011, 11:56 AM
I have already contacted some Indian organizations for contribution. I was successful in some but unsuccessful in others. Please contact the following organizations. I already put in a order. If some one from immigration voice calls then it will be better.

1) Lemont Temple Chicago IL. Presidents number is 847-557-0656.

2) Aurora Temple Chicago IL.

3) I will put some flyers in the local Indian shops.

I have sent a check to your CA office.

rorlig
12-06-2011, 12:04 PM
If anyone is creating flyers please mail them to me. I will try to cover Boston/Waltham area.

kevin08
12-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Action Item #1 & #2 Completed. Action Item #4 was completed earlier.

Thank IV.

Chandini
12-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Please send me also will try to cover Western Suburbs of Chicago. We have Shree Swaminarayan Temple, Itasca. If some one in Chicago can try to contact them we will surely get good response.

iamjustforkix
12-06-2011, 12:27 PM
$100, tranx ID:10165718J10819635

ragunath
12-06-2011, 12:36 PM
$100, tranx ID:3883-8695-7068-4005

MGajapathy
12-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Donted $100 today. Action Items completed.

Transaction ID: 9JV49585AN9776234

gc_rip
12-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Completed all the action items, and contributed another $200 by paypal.

aksaharan
12-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Donated yet another $100:
Transaction Id: 4F402344AP563991B

gcnov2002
12-06-2011, 01:09 PM
$500 contributed towards HR 3012 sofar..

Transaction ID: 4H187684GA9841216
Transaction ID: 5YM277291V060094G
Transaction ID: 7FC76398PL512641N
Transaction ID: 49T16666SY4281307
Transaction ID: 15E94882SF992052S

Best of Luck to IV !!

gotgc?
12-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Completed all action items yesterday and today. Contributed $200 so far.

AcuraTSX
12-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Please Vote 'Yes' on HR3012 - 10,010 Letters and Emails Sent So Far. Great Job everyone, so far. Long way to go still :)

Let's target for 20K now !!
There is zero representation from states such as in petition2congress:
1. Montana
2. Wyoming
3. Mississippi
and very less participation from states such as:
1. Idaho
2. Utah
3. South Dakota etc etc
Is there a way to reach to local IV chapters in these states? If you have friends in these states, please reach out to them to participate.

EVERY VOTE COUNTS!!!

PavanV
12-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Great going IV, completed the actions items and sent emails to 5 friends, is there any update from IV ?, i understand that they are doing their best and publishing information in public domain will hurt the interest of the bill, is there any public update that can be shared with us.

gumpena
12-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Contributed $100

Transaction ID : 2N42856241444831A.

Keep up the good work.

Gumpena:)

bigboy007
12-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Contributed $100

Transaction ID : 2N42856241444831A.

Keep up the good work.

Gumpena:)
100k is our target for petitions... please come forward and offer your support...

greencard.wait
12-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Why are we not making phone call to Senate offices, like last time we did for house?

1. Montana
2. Wyoming
3. Mississippi
1. Idaho
2. Utah
3. South Dakota etc etc
Is there a way to reach to local IV chapters in these states? If you have friends in these states, please reach out to them to participate.

EVERY VOTE COUNTS!!!

h1techSlave
12-06-2011, 02:23 PM
I have received an email from one of the Senators in my state. It is a standard letter, but the letter mentions the country-quota bill.

Now, my question is; wouldn't it be creepy to send the Senator one more letter tomorrow using the IV tool? Unlike a phone call, they can keep track of the from email for emails. When they see the same emails coming from the same email id, it would be treated as spam.

psaxena
12-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Sent the email to senators.

Also sent an email to a big group which I compiled from my address book, hope atleast 50% of them join this movement.

sen
12-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Just now sent email to Senators and also subscribed to '$25 for 6 month' scheme. Hope the bill passes in Senate!

avis
12-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Completed my action items.
Sent email to senators
Sent printed letters to President and the Senators.
Contributed.
Good job IV!!! way to go

Pappu_Pager
12-06-2011, 03:03 PM
1. Montana
2. Wyoming
3. Mississippi
1. Idaho
2. Utah
3. South Dakota etc etc

EVERY VOTE COUNTS!!!

Sulekha or Google search with Indian Grocery stores in these states would give the contact list to start with ..

Pappu_Pager
12-06-2011, 03:07 PM
$500 contributed towards HR 3012 sofar..

Transaction ID: 4H187684GA9841216
Transaction ID: 5YM277291V060094G
Transaction ID: 7FC76398PL512641N
Transaction ID: 49T16666SY4281307
Transaction ID: 15E94882SF992052S

Best of Luck to IV !!

Great ... ! We need more people like this .. Guys, how many people pay $1000+ for Premium processing ... Paying half of that over here could save 1 more Premium processing in your visa process just because it would then move faster .. so, paying half of $1000+ could turn actually a saving ..

bond4u
12-06-2011, 03:18 PM
btw nice try dont try to scare... this is your first post... and you are trying to post news to discourage ppl... we are not that dumb.

I don't think if anyone is asking difficult question mean he is trying to discourage on contrary we can answers this politely to clear any confusion or worry. Please keep in mind immigration voice forum can clear fear and confusion otherwise hundred of other sources already spreading scare. :)

Senate hold is serious issue and used by senator to kill bill or used as bargaining chip but can be overcome by cloture motion in senate if we have more than 60 senators support in senate which I think won't be a problem in context of house voting. However cloture would be difficult to bring for immigration bill but influential house sponsors are communicating with Mr Grassley and they are confident to convince him to remove his hold. Only concern I have is delay caused by Senator hold.

Also I am personally trying to reaching out to desi communities in IOWA to raise awareness and join IV alongwith sending letters to Chuck Grassley.

Pappu_Pager
12-06-2011, 03:30 PM
I have already contacted some Indian organizations for contribution. I was successful in some but unsuccessful in others. Please contact the following organizations. I already put in a order. If some one from immigration voice calls then it will be better.

1) Lemont Temple Chicago IL. Presidents number is 847-557-0656.

2) Aurora Temple Chicago IL.

3) I will put some flyers in the local Indian shops.

I have sent a check to your CA office.

Good work .. every state representative could initiate this, after completing all the actions items listed here .. These activities should further gather more signatures etc. requested by the action items here ..

For IOWA state,

Here is the list of Indian grocery shops etc ..

Indian Restaurants, Grocery in Iowa - Iowa Indian Grocery & Restaurants (http://www.iowaindia.us/)

And here is the list of chinese shops etc in IOWA --

Chinese Restaurant | Quad Cities USA - Guide to Davenport & Bettendorf Iowa and Rock Island & Moline Illinois (http://www.quadcities.com/dining/restaurants/chinese#)

bigboy007
12-06-2011, 03:59 PM
I don't think if anyone is asking difficult question mean he is trying to discourage on contrary we can answers this politely to clear any confusion or worry. Please keep in mind immigration voice forum can clear fear and confusion otherwise hundred of other sources already spreading scare. :)

Senate hold is serious issue and used by senator to kill bill or used as bargaining chip but can be overcome by cloture motion in senate if we have more than 60 senators support in senate which I think won't be a problem in context of house voting. However cloture would be difficult to bring for immigration bill but influential house sponsors are communicating with Mr Grassley and they are confident to convince him to remove his hold. Only concern I have is delay caused by Senator hold.

Also I am personally trying to reaching out to desi communities in IOWA to raise awareness and join IV alongwith sending letters to Chuck Grassley.
NO worries... the same link has been posted atleast thrice so far... IV knows there are objections in senate... any senator can put a hold on any bill... Understood we need to persuade and lets hope for best... I am sure IV has some plans... lets follow what we have right now as action items...

Thank you for your support and yes we should encourage more people from IOWA.

Rb_newsletter
12-06-2011, 04:00 PM
We believe IV needs to device a plan to contact Sen. Chuck Grassley of IOWA. His actions are hurting HR 3012. We need to send him emails/contact hime to change his actions on HR 3012.

If anyone hurts HR-3012, that is only going to hurt the economy.

looivy
12-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Sulekha or Google search with Indian Grocery stores in these states would give the contact list to start with ..

Engage Sulekha and Desi grocery stores - there is an FB element to 3012 as well.

looivy
12-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Engage Sulekha and Desi grocery stores - there is an FB element to 3012 as well.

Also, can we send letters to senators from other states?

dts
12-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Sent PRINTED letetrs to Senators through IV ( cost is onlt $9).
Sent emails to Senators.
Liked on facebook.
Twitted to atleast 20 Senators.
Sent emails to friends to do same.

serisha
12-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Added a $25 for 6 month subscription
Also made another $50 contribution

Completed all the action items.

starwars800
12-06-2011, 04:38 PM
I am a new member, made $200 contribution.

transaction Id - 5UX136678E628672F
transaction id - 4G8061090D9445520

dts
12-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Admin/ active user
can someone please post flyer here which we can print and stick at nearby grocery stores to accelerate compaign?
If needed start separate thread just for flyer.
We will print them and put at maximum places.

sripk
12-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Another small contribution of $100...Your transaction ID for this payment is: 5T738270MT3039255. Also sent emails to Senators.

tamil12
12-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Here is my contribution .Your receipt number for this payment is: 2987-8819-8298-0100.

tamil12
12-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Here is my contribution for 100$.Your receipt number for this ayment is: 2987-8819-8298-0100.[/QUOTE]

cdin2000
12-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Contributed $100 , Transaction Id 4BJ57815PP524691E

Pappu_Pager
12-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Admin/ active user
can someone please post flyer here which we can print and stick at nearby grocery stores to accelerate compaign?
If needed start separate thread just for flyer.
We will print them and put at maximum places.

If at all someone is making flyer, it should have all the action items (clearly) mentioned on it, along with the proper weblinks to go .. (apart why this bill etc) ...

Flyer still sounds a passive approach, considering many people might just read and put it with their grocery .. Ideal could be having a daily stalls with few laptops with Wifi / phone internet .. and have people come to the stall .. talk to them and HAVE THEM SIGN or HAVE THEM complete action items there itself .. it would gather mass in just those 2 weekends .. Yes, flyer can be given at that time, as well, for someone who is in hurry .. This would be more active one .. People should contact their local IV chapter, ask for few volunteer for this support and everyone should do it together e.g. next / coming weekend -- all across USA ..

Pappu_Pager
12-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Good work .. every state representative could initiate this, after completing all the actions items listed here .. These activities should further gather more signatures etc. requested by the action items here ..

For IOWA state,

Here is the list of Indian grocery shops etc ..

Indian Restaurants, Grocery in Iowa - Iowa Indian Grocery & Restaurants (http://www.iowaindia.us/)

And here is the list of chinese shops etc in IOWA --

Chinese Restaurant | Quad Cities USA - Guide to Davenport & Bettendorf Iowa and Rock Island & Moline Illinois (http://www.quadcities.com/dining/restaurants/chinese#)

Swati Dandekar (presumably, an Indian American) is working in Senate Committee of IOWA State ... IV and other related influential org should approach her to get her support ... We all could write to her personally, as well ..

See the following link --

Swati Dandekar Bio (http://dlcc.wiredforchange.com/o/6371/p/wfc/web/candidate/biography/public/)

"In 2008 Swati Dandekar was elected to the Iowa Senate from District 18. Her legislative priorities are economic growth, renewable energy, affordable healthcare and educational excellence.

Swati Dandekar received her bachelor’s degree in Biology & Chemistry from Nagpur University and post graduate diploma in dietetics from Bombay University in India. Swati and her husband Arvind live in Marion, Iowa. Arvind is President/CEO of Fastek International, a software development firm. They have two sons Ajai and Govind who are graduates of Stanford University. Dr. Ajai and his wife Dr. Allison Cole live in Seattle, Washington with their son Evan. Govind works for Google as a Financial Analyst. Govind lives in Palo Alto, California"

Her bio represents a true American Dream a legal immigrant can / should have ... She would surely understand this current pathetic immigration process ..

neelu8
12-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks to all the new members for taking part in the action items and contributing! Many of us are working behind the scenes on getting this through the Senate and we will get there. Keep up the good work. Each and every person's participation is important. Please do not get discouraged by reports from any unrealiable sources. Legislative process requires patience and has to go through number of steps, negotiations, discussions etc. So keep up the good spirits, spread the word and continue with the participation. We have to get our voice heard loud and clear!

slc_ut
12-06-2011, 05:49 PM
I have donated $100 on 12/02/2011 using paypal. Transaction ID: 4PX14224GS551800U

sriram.12
12-06-2011, 05:52 PM
I am new and this is my first little contribution($100 and gone through the 4 steps mentioned by IV). TID:3JV04197LC147473E

waitjul282010
12-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Please provide more information regarding the purpose of the online petition. I am asking all my friends/colleagues to sign it. But many of those ask me this question and I do not have an answer. So, someone please post a message with details on how this online petition would help in getting HR 3012 passed. Will this petition be tracked by the Senate? What would be a good number (it crossed 12000 now)? Is there a time limit?

snathan
12-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Please provide more information regarding the purpose of the online petition. I am asking all my friends/colleagues to sign it. But many of those ask me this question and I do not have an answer. So, someone please post a message with details on how this online petition would help in getting HR 3012 passed. Will this petition be tracked by the Senate? What would be a good number (it crossed 12000 now)? Is there a time limit?

When the online petition is signed, the email goes to the senator/congressmen's office and counted as support for this bill. This will be used when IV and allies talks to the office....oppossition also send the petitions...so keep spreading the word.

sri1309
12-06-2011, 07:23 PM
If you plan to contribute for some more time, well and good.
But if you plan to contribute say $25 for 6 months, then please do the $150 as one time as the immediate goal for us is within days and not after 6 months.
Again, this is not to discourage recurring contribution, but only to encourage one time for now, if its possible, with the immediate goal in mind. Else continue the recurring.

Wish you all the best.. keep going..
I just did the three action items and contributed $300.

pappu
12-06-2011, 07:25 PM
If anyone is creating flyers please mail them to me. I will try to cover Boston/Waltham area.

We need a group of volunteers to create these flyers and send us, we can post them as part of action item for people to start posting and distributing in public spaces. This needs to happen tonight so that we can add to action item by morning tomorrow. Please form a group on a thread/ work individually and help us create awareness of immigration voice working on this bill so that more people can come on IV website , learn about the bill, support and take part in action item. This is an urgent action item for tonight.

go9559
12-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Unique Transaction ID #66Y202413X970352T - $100

monktrusts
12-06-2011, 08:11 PM
A charge of $9 will appear from RallyCongress.com on your credit card statement.

A confirmation email has been sent to shobhit_kapila@yahoo.com.

Amount: $ 9.00
Transaction ID: 25847
Date/Time: 12/06/2011 08:19:02 PM

i_my_Voice
12-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Completed all the action items several times. Great job everyone!

amitskumar
12-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Done tweeting, petition signed.

Thanks for the effort.

lost_in_migration
12-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Moderators can you please post Twitter links on Action item: HR 3012: Week of 12/5/11 thread.

I've already tweeted so I'm good but it will help new members if there is a single location all current action items.

rxd9507IV
12-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Finished all the action items.

Sent letters

Signed petition

Dec 6, 2011 19:08:38 PST
Receipt No: 1555-7534-8785-4870
Donation to Support Immigration Voice (User: rxd9507IV)
$100.00 USD 1 $100.00 USD
Total: $100.00 USD
Receipt No: 1555-7534-8785-4870

Informed friends and they are going to contribute as well.

kaushik999
12-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Hi

Anyone from JERSEY CITY

Jersey CITY
NEWARK AVE is a good place to get MAX INDIAN CROWD

Pls CTC

jimmar
12-06-2011, 10:37 PM
All the action items completed.

thomachan72
12-06-2011, 10:41 PM
In Aman Kapoors email it is mentioned to spend time doing the activities "every day this week". Does that mean we are supposed to send emails to senators everyday?? or is sending once enough? The same question about tweeting also.

nosightofgc
12-06-2011, 10:42 PM
I thought we have to tweet every day. I don't see the links on the action items page.

TO BE OR NO TO BE
12-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Done

Pappu_Pager
12-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Done

Great and thanks for contributing that $500+ amount. Appreciate the dedication and wise investment in this donation .. I kept mentioning .. Many of us pay $1000+ for Premium processing or $400-$500 for H1B stamping interview ... We dont think much at that time .. Contributing half of that amount here could save 1 of those expense later, considering, this bill is supposed to accelarate the processing .. so .. Congrats for your wise investment .. I hope others would follow the trend ..

Pappu_Pager
12-07-2011, 12:40 AM
I am a new member, made $200 contribution.

transaction Id - 5UX136678E628672F
transaction id - 4G8061090D9445520

Thanks and great work .. Congrats for your wise investment .. I hope that it will save at least 1 of your stamping or premium processing fee, by accelarating the GC process, once the bill is passed ..

Pappu_Pager
12-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Completed all the action items, and contributed another $200 by paypal.

Thank you for your $2000 contribution, so far ...

Pappu_Pager
12-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Guys,

If few of the senators or active leaders are cautious about lost in diversity by removing country cap .. They need to be strongly and nicely educated by email or mail reply that --

If they are talking about diversity ... They should focus on Diversity Immigration Visa Program (also known as Green Card Lottery) ... This program was specifically designed to bring diversity in USA ... They should not be mixing this program with Employment-based Immigration Visa program. If they are so concerned about loosing diversity in EB category, then they should allow India and China for Green Card Lottery .. !! What happened to their diversity clause there? ..

Additionally, for employment-based, considering country of origin is not good and wise moral. It would harm US only. It is like US corp hiring people based on country of origin rather than based on their skill. It is unfair for EB. For family, it is still can be considered, even though not correct, but for EB it is baseless.

Pappu_Pager
12-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Following Wikipedia link gives name of notable american people from support countries (China, India, Mexico, PHILIPPINES) ... These lists are further categorized based on their field of professions .. Few of the interesting categories are Politians (who could greatly influence this bill, especially they are immigrants from these retrograte countries), Journalist (these folks can publize the facts and could be our voice -- there are some really influential journalist - considering the importance of this topic, there must be many who would be ready to cover the story with facts to support the cause), Business professionals / founders (they could dicdate true american dream of immigrants) ..

List of Indian Americans

List of Indian Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_Americans)

List of Chinese Americans

List of Chinese Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_Americans)

List of Mexican Americans

List of Mexican Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mexican_Americans)

List of PHILIPPINES Americans

List of Filipino Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Filipino_Americans)

By knowing their name, on Google and other sources, we can find their valid contact details to contact. These are famous people so they usually have their contacts online.

Additionally, these people must be having their Tweeters, FB, MySpace etc . accounts, HR3012 can be referred to them there and their support can be requested ..

Some notable and important Indian American

Swati Dandekar (She herself has been Senator of IOWA state) --

Swati Dandekar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swati_Dandekar)

Rajiv Chandrasekaran (He is assistant managing editor of Washington Post news paper. This news paper actively runs in Wahington DC - politicians read it)

Rajiv Chandrasekaran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajiv_Chandrasekaran)

These journalist can be contacted .. We have the facts and we are right for fairness in EB, so these people would surely be able to help ..

Pappu_Pager
12-07-2011, 01:49 AM
Following Wikipedia link gives name of notable american people from support countries (China, India, Mexico, PHILIPPINES) ... These lists are further categorized based on their field of professions .. Few of the interesting categories are Politians (who could greatly influence this bill, especially they are immigrants from these retrograte countries), Journalist (these folks can publize the facts and could be our voice -- there are some really influential journalist - considering the importance of this topic, there must be many who would be ready to cover the story with facts to support the cause), Business professionals / founders (they could dicdate true american dream of immigrants) ..

List of Indian Americans

List of Indian Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_Americans)

List of Chinese Americans

List of Chinese Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_Americans)

List of Mexican Americans

List of Mexican Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mexican_Americans)

List of PHILIPPINES Americans

List of Filipino Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Filipino_Americans)

By knowing their name, on Google and other sources, we can find their valid contact details to contact. These are famous people so they usually have their contacts online.

Additionally, these people must be having their Tweeters, FB, MySpace etc . accounts, HR3012 can be referred to them there and their support can be requested ..

Some notable and important Indian American

Swati Dandekar (She herself has been Senator of IOWA state) --

Swati Dandekar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swati_Dandekar)

Rajiv Chandrasekaran (He is assistant managing editor of Washington Post news paper. This news paper actively runs in Wahington DC - politicians read it)

Rajiv Chandrasekaran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajiv_Chandrasekaran)

These journalist can be contacted .. We have the facts and we are right for fairness in EB, so these people would surely be able to help ..

Other organizations, who would be willing to support this would be --

TiE - Indus Entrepreneurs - This non-profilt is founded of silicon valley immigrants (indians)
About TiE | TiE Global (http://www.tie.org/about-tie-global)

OCEAN - Overseas Chinese-American Entrepreneurs Association
Overseas Chinese-American Enterpreneurs Association (http://www.ocean-usa.org/about/)

One of its CFO is China born and working as CFO for US Department of Labor (He would know more fact and can advocate, if approached by right channel)
Speaker¡¯s Biographies (http://www.ocean-usa.org/even/2006/March4_Speaker_bio.htm)

pappu
12-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Hi

Anyone from JERSEY CITY

Jersey CITY
NEWARK AVE is a good place to get MAX INDIAN CROWD

Pls CTC

We will have flyers posted today. The action item will be to post them in public places and also hand out printouts to people. Couple of years ago some members did at the metro park station in new jersey during evening peak hours. That distribution was very successful. Please think and implement your creative ideas for increasing publicity.

pappu
12-07-2011, 06:54 AM
If at all someone is making flyer, it should have all the action items (clearly) mentioned on it, along with the proper weblinks to go .. (apart why this bill etc) ...

Flyer still sounds a passive approach, considering many people might just read and put it with their grocery .. Ideal could be having a daily stalls with few laptops with Wifi / phone internet .. and have people come to the stall .. talk to them and HAVE THEM SIGN or HAVE THEM complete action items there itself .. it would gather mass in just those 2 weekends .. Yes, flyer can be given at that time, as well, for someone who is in hurry .. This would be more active one .. People should contact their local IV chapter, ask for few volunteer for this support and everyone should do it together e.g. next / coming weekend -- all across USA ..

We will have flyers posted today . Can you please take a lead and implement your idea. Once you do it , others will take your lead and do it in their towns.

GCTorture
12-07-2011, 07:43 AM
All action items done, except Tweeting.

I am interested to volunteer for the flyer in New York Area. (Queens and Jackson Heights has loads of Indians) Somebody please share with me details of this program.

mrdeeds
12-07-2011, 10:00 AM
An article in the LA times today verbatim. I post here to highlight the para towards the end where it says 'this has broad support in senate as well'.

Among Republican presidential candidates, it's been demagoguery as usual. Why have a substantive debate when you can exchange inflammatory sound bites instead, especially on immigration?

But something surprising happened last week far from the campaign trail — on Capitol Hill, of all places. Just when we thought Congress would never act to address the nation's broken immigration system, members of the House made a critical breakthrough, voting overwhelmingly to approve a fix that will make American companies more competitive and the immigration system fairer and more welcoming.

The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act is not a broad, far-reaching bill. It's nothing like the comprehensive overhaul Congress has been debating for years. It doesn't add more slots for would-be immigrants. It makes only a small, surgical tuck in the nation's complex immigration code, phasing out quotas on the number of legal permanent residents who can be admitted in any given year from a single country. But this small change could have significant consequences, for thousands of immigrants and for the politics of immigration.

The per-country caps that would be eliminated by the bill are among the most absurd and cumbersome features of the U.S. immigration system. Under current law, thousands of foreigners are approved each year to enter the U.S. as legal permanent residents, some sponsored by employers who need their skills, others by family members who arrived before them and became citizens. But this approval is not enough to guarantee a visa. Instead, approved candidates get in line and wait for their number to come up under the annual cap for their countries. And because until now visas were allotted equally to all countries, no matter how big or small, candidates from big countries with strong ties to the U.S. have often waited years. Backlogs have gotten so bad that workers from India, for example, currently face waits of 70 years — in other words, many never get visas — and family members from Mexico wait more than a decade.

Phasing out the caps would dramatically reduce waits for many of the highly skilled workers America needs to remain a globally competitive knowledge economy. American companies will find it easier to hire researchers, engineers and other top talent from the big countries that produce most of the brainpower they rely on to do business. The U.S. will become a more attractive destination for foreign innovators and entrepreneurs. And they in turn will help create jobs for Americans, a much-needed boost for economic recovery.

The bill will also help family members of immigrants who have become citizens. Though the country caps for family-based visas are not eliminated, they would be expanded, with the maximum that can go to any one country rising from 7% to 15% of the total. This could significantly shorten the waits for spouses and children of immigrants from countries that send large numbers of newcomers to the U.S. — Mexico, the Philippines, India and China, among others. And by making it easier for people to enter the country legally, the bill could potentially make a dent in the illegal flow.

Many immigration reformers wish the measure went further, not just easing and eliminating country caps but also expanding the number of legal permanent residence permits, or green cards, issued every year. Unless we do this too, the critics argue, easing the caps is no more than a palliative. It robs slots from some countries and awards them to others, shortening waits for Indians and Mexicans but lengthening them for immigrants from other, smaller countries.

The critics aren't wrong: We do need more green cards. But that isn't politically possible today, not with unemployment hovering above 8% and politicians so gun-shy about immigration.

Still, the House bill represents a huge political breakthrough. Lawmakers in Washington have been trying to fix the system for a decade. Democrats and Republicans have been unable to agree on an approach. The politics of immigration have grown so polarized that it sometimes seems Democrats own the issue, while few Republicans will touch it.

The process that produced the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act was very different. The bill was proposed by Republicans. With some unusually nimble negotiating, its GOP sponsors persuaded influential pro-immigration Democrats to work with them. The resulting bipartisan measure was approved overwhelmingly, by a vote of 389 to 15. And although it has encountered some obstacles in the Senate, it has broad bipartisan support there as well.

Perhaps most important, the bill could usher in a new approach to immigration reform. For a decade, the conventional wisdom among reformers has been "all or nothing." We shouldn't pass any small fixes, the thinking went, because that would take the pressure off — we'd lose the head of steam we needed to pass comprehensive reform. But this strategy has produced only stalemate.

So maybe it's time to try a different approach: not all or nothing but step by step.

As the country-cap bill shows, the key to the new model will be to start small. Reforms should focus on the legal immigration system. Both Democrats and Republicans should initiate bills. Lawmakers will have to relearn the lost art of horse-trading. Over time, small steps will build trust and confidence. And who knows — perhaps, someday, they will build momentum for bigger steps.

Suva
12-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Good news.

Done with emails and petition. Doing this for last 3-4 days. Sent emails or talked to 14 friends or colleagues to get involve in this. Some of them are regularly sending emails or doing petition.

An article in the LA times today verbatim. I post here to highlight the para towards the end where it says 'this has broad support in senate as well'.

Among Republican presidential candidates, it's been demagoguery as usual. Why have a substantive debate when you can exchange inflammatory sound bites instead, especially on immigration?

But something surprising happened last week far from the campaign trail — on Capitol Hill, of all places. Just when we thought Congress would never act to address the nation's broken immigration system, members of the House made a critical breakthrough, voting overwhelmingly to approve a fix that will make American companies more competitive and the immigration system fairer and more welcoming.

The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act is not a broad, far-reaching bill. It's nothing like the comprehensive overhaul Congress has been debating for years. It doesn't add more slots for would-be immigrants. It makes only a small, surgical tuck in the nation's complex immigration code, phasing out quotas on the number of legal permanent residents who can be admitted in any given year from a single country. But this small change could have significant consequences, for thousands of immigrants and for the politics of immigration.

The per-country caps that would be eliminated by the bill are among the most absurd and cumbersome features of the U.S. immigration system. Under current law, thousands of foreigners are approved each year to enter the U.S. as legal permanent residents, some sponsored by employers who need their skills, others by family members who arrived before them and became citizens. But this approval is not enough to guarantee a visa. Instead, approved candidates get in line and wait for their number to come up under the annual cap for their countries. And because until now visas were allotted equally to all countries, no matter how big or small, candidates from big countries with strong ties to the U.S. have often waited years. Backlogs have gotten so bad that workers from India, for example, currently face waits of 70 years — in other words, many never get visas — and family members from Mexico wait more than a decade.

Phasing out the caps would dramatically reduce waits for many of the highly skilled workers America needs to remain a globally competitive knowledge economy. American companies will find it easier to hire researchers, engineers and other top talent from the big countries that produce most of the brainpower they rely on to do business. The U.S. will become a more attractive destination for foreign innovators and entrepreneurs. And they in turn will help create jobs for Americans, a much-needed boost for economic recovery.

The bill will also help family members of immigrants who have become citizens. Though the country caps for family-based visas are not eliminated, they would be expanded, with the maximum that can go to any one country rising from 7% to 15% of the total. This could significantly shorten the waits for spouses and children of immigrants from countries that send large numbers of newcomers to the U.S. — Mexico, the Philippines, India and China, among others. And by making it easier for people to enter the country legally, the bill could potentially make a dent in the illegal flow.

Many immigration reformers wish the measure went further, not just easing and eliminating country caps but also expanding the number of legal permanent residence permits, or green cards, issued every year. Unless we do this too, the critics argue, easing the caps is no more than a palliative. It robs slots from some countries and awards them to others, shortening waits for Indians and Mexicans but lengthening them for immigrants from other, smaller countries.

The critics aren't wrong: We do need more green cards. But that isn't politically possible today, not with unemployment hovering above 8% and politicians so gun-shy about immigration.

Still, the House bill represents a huge political breakthrough. Lawmakers in Washington have been trying to fix the system for a decade. Democrats and Republicans have been unable to agree on an approach. The politics of immigration have grown so polarized that it sometimes seems Democrats own the issue, while few Republicans will touch it.

The process that produced the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act was very different. The bill was proposed by Republicans. With some unusually nimble negotiating, its GOP sponsors persuaded influential pro-immigration Democrats to work with them. The resulting bipartisan measure was approved overwhelmingly, by a vote of 389 to 15. And although it has encountered some obstacles in the Senate, it has broad bipartisan support there as well.

Perhaps most important, the bill could usher in a new approach to immigration reform. For a decade, the conventional wisdom among reformers has been "all or nothing." We shouldn't pass any small fixes, the thinking went, because that would take the pressure off — we'd lose the head of steam we needed to pass comprehensive reform. But this strategy has produced only stalemate.

So maybe it's time to try a different approach: not all or nothing but step by step.

As the country-cap bill shows, the key to the new model will be to start small. Reforms should focus on the legal immigration system. Both Democrats and Republicans should initiate bills. Lawmakers will have to relearn the lost art of horse-trading. Over time, small steps will build trust and confidence. And who knows — perhaps, someday, they will build momentum for bigger steps.

sailesh2502
12-07-2011, 10:32 AM
We will have flyers posted today. The action item will be to post them in public places and also hand out printouts to people. Couple of years ago some members did at the metro park station in new jersey during evening peak hours. That distribution was very successful. Please think and implement your creative ideas for increasing publicity.

Dear Sir,
I would be interested to distribute flyers in Jersey City area specially in Journal , Newport, Exchange Place. Also can distribute flyers in the Temple, Gurudwara (Journal ), patel, apna bazar shops. Would appreciate if anybody can inform me how to get these flyers.

onefineday
12-07-2011, 11:03 AM
1. Change Helps in Bullet 1 to "Help"

2. Add a space for "Goto"

nrmarrivada9
12-07-2011, 11:07 AM
competed all the actions.

Naveen

Prijay
12-07-2011, 11:34 AM
completed all actions

Suva
12-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Here is LA times news on HR-3012.

LA Times - Congress' small step toward immigration reform (http://mobile.latimes.com/p.p?m=b&a=rp&id=1294414&postId=1294414&postUserId=7&sessionToken=&catId=6221&curAbsIndex=2&resultsUrl=DID%3D6%26DFCL%3D1000%26DSB%3Drank%2523 desc%26DBFQ%3DuserId%253A7%26DL.w%3D%26DL.d%3D10%2 6DQ%3DsectionId%253A6221%26DPS%3D0%26DPL%3D3)

amulchandra
12-07-2011, 11:41 AM
One suggestion. Can you add one more point to the fliers. That HR 3012 already passed the House and the only step remaining is the senate. This will encourage a lot of people who have no time to google and get info about this Bill. This generates - 'Just one more step and we are done ' kind of a feeling which will motivate people to sign up.

looivy
12-07-2011, 11:57 AM
1. Change Helps in Bullet 1 to "Help"

2. Add a space for "Goto"

Can you please add Twitter, facebook and other links as a tear off at the bottom so that people can tear it and take it with them.

dealguy007
12-07-2011, 12:31 PM
One suggestion. Can you add one more point to the fliers. That HR 3012 already passed the House and the only step remaining is the senate. This will encourage a lot of people who have no time to google and get info about this Bill. This generates - 'Just one more step and we are done ' kind of a feeling which will motivate people to sign up.

Yes, This will encourage many and differentiate it from many fliers.

skrish
12-07-2011, 12:55 PM
following along to a recent blog posting on greg siskinds blog, differentiating based on country of birth in employment based immigration visa's does force employers to make hiring decisions on the basis of country of birth which is discriminatory. Could we get an opinion from (say) a supreme court judge or AILA in this matter and present to the good senator grassley? Presenting to him that we are only trying to correct an anamoly in the law that could otherwise be deemed in a legal gray area may help him to release his hold...

also, maybe we could lean on the current sponsors to introduce another bill in the senate with better american worker protection provisions, say co-sponsored by the same senators and(later) congreessment sponsoring H.R 3012 to assuage his concerns...

It should be clarified to him that his current objections to this bill are in fact, unrelated to the real reform content of this bill. it only allows more humane processing for people who are already waiting in line, holding onto a stable job for several years and where the employers have been certified by the DoL that an american worker could not be found for that positon in the first place after auditing elaborate hiring efforts ... This bill would also enable them to make more long term decisions like buying a house, investing in the local economy by starting a business etc...

Apologies for the slightly long, rambling email

kaushik999
12-07-2011, 01:04 PM
All action items done, except Tweeting.

I am interested to volunteer for the flyer in New York Area. (Queens and Jackson Heights has loads of Indians) Somebody please share with me details of this program.

Hi

i am from NEW YORK at 34 Street 5 Ave ... Where are you...???

Hope we can PATCH up ....

Thanks

PK

dts
12-07-2011, 01:05 PM

This is very good article. In Specific last two paragraphs are strong convincing points for opponents. I shared this article via email link from LA Times to Senators in my state.
I put following notes and emailed artcle rigth from LA Times page.

@ Admin, Is it good to send this article to other Senate members? Can you or someone modify above email notes so that Senators are encouraged to go through this article?

Dear Senator,
I like to bring to your notice the article published in LA times regarding HR 3012.
The article has nice analysis how passage of HR 3012 can open the door of future immigration reforms. Instead of "ALL OR NONE" , HR 3012 can be landmark for step by step progress with bipartisan support and can build trust , agreement among democrats and GOP for future discussions.
I humbly request your leadership to push this bill on Senate floor at earliest.

Thanks

bigboy007
12-07-2011, 01:12 PM
This is very good article. In Specific last two paragraphs are strong convincing points for opponents. I shared this article via email link from LA Times to Senators in my state.
I put following notes and emailed artcle rigth from LA Times page.

@ Admin, Is it good to send this article to other Senate members? Can you or someone modify above email notes so that Senators are encouraged to go through this article?

Dear Senator,
I like to bring to your notice the article published in LA times regarding HR 3012.
The article has nice analysis how passage of HR 3012 can open the door of future immigration reforms. Instead of "ALL OR NONE" , HR 3012 can be landmark for step by step progress with bipartisan support and can build trust , agreement among democrats and GOP for future discussions.
I humbly request your leadership to push this bill on Senate floor at earliest.

Thanks
IV will plan ... no specific action needed based on this article... its good to find these articles in our support... all we need is more support and we should touch atleast 16k on petitions today... please take lead...

dts
12-07-2011, 01:21 PM
IV will plan ... no specific action needed based on this article... its good to find these articles in our support... all we need is more support and we should touch atleast 16k on petitions today... please take lead...

Agree. Need to bring to notice to IV team about this article and specifically last few para.
The first few para , everyone knows. My concern, everyone will just drop this article after reading first few lines as they are welknown. The focus should be last few paragraphs which are most convincing and IV leaders should make some strategy to convey it properly to Senators.

Pappu_Pager
12-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Yes, This will encourage many and differentiate it from many fliers.

True.

dts
12-07-2011, 01:29 PM
following along to a recent blog posting on greg siskinds blog, differentiating based on country of birth in employment based immigration visa's does force employers to make hiring decisions on the basis of country of birth which is discriminatory. Could we get an opinion from (say) a supreme court judge or AILA in this matter and present to the good senator grassley? Presenting to him that we are only trying to correct an anamoly in the law that could otherwise be deemed in a legal gray area may help him to release his hold...

also, maybe we could lean on the current sponsors to introduce another bill in the senate with better american worker protection provisions, say co-sponsored by the same senators and(later) congreessment sponsoring H.R 3012 to assuage his concerns...

It should be clarified to him that his current objections to this bill are in fact, unrelated to the real reform content of this bill. it only allows more humane processing for people who are already waiting in line, holding onto a stable job for several years and where the employers have been certified by the DoL that an american worker could not be found for that positon in the first place after auditing elaborate hiring efforts ... This bill would also enable them to make more long term decisions like buying a house, investing in the local economy by starting a business etc...

Yes. I am wondering why AILA is quiet on HR3012 ?. Should IV leaders take AILA on same page and boost entire compaign?

babuannam
12-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 7U736725BC064401Y.

Pappu_Pager
12-07-2011, 01:36 PM

That's true. Grassley no-where mentioned about diversity .. He just mentioned that this bill could take more jobs from American and that is totally baseless, as everyone knows. I dont know what is the process of hold, but this is unnecessary or invalid hold without any base.

He should be aware that GC or H1 both now needs 10 to 30 days of job postings searching for US Citizens .. if no one applies, then only company files H1 . .. This job posting has to be submitted as proof to USCIS while H1 or GC filing ... So, what is it he is upto ???

Hold could have still be understood if he talked about diversity ..

For diversity also, US has another diversity program (called GC Lottery) where India / China etc are now allowed to participate at all !! If anyone talks about Diversity, they should have integrity in their opinion ... Why those people did not oppose about diversity when India / China were excluded from GC Lottery !! ?

And for EB -- diversity !! :) .. it's again sounds like a prayer .. not logic ..

Pappu_Pager
12-07-2011, 01:39 PM
The flyer does not mention anything about Family Based quota increase. If that component can be added, it will be a big selling point among family based applicants.

True

Pappu_Pager
12-07-2011, 01:49 PM
We will have flyers posted today . Can you please take a lead and implement your idea. Once you do it , others will take your lead and do it in their towns.

I will try whatever best I can do. Any other group is planning for this?

occupiedinthought
12-07-2011, 02:17 PM
This is what the low life from the supposed "EB_ROW" yahoogroups are planning. Now that these low IQ morons have achieved anything besides empty talk...Still IV be careful while distributing action items

-----------

After IV's phone lobbying was aware by many ROWers, IV started to publish action items/important notices in membership emails. Remember that email 2 days before voting in House? They said: we expect 90% more supporting votes, which is around 400 out of totally 435 Congressmen. They DEFINITELY work behind scene and try not to let us aware of what they doing.

Our action items:
1. Some one pretends to be Indian and subscribe into IV email list. If $contribution is needed let me know I will do this.
2. After having IV account, ask questions carefully about action items "we IV" are taking. See if some one may reply.
3. Keep up our great efforts against 3012.

Thanks.

pak
12-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Hi

Thanks

PK

PK, You are close to Indian Consulate. Good opportunity to post the flyer there. I will post them in Parsippany area tonight.

kaushik999
12-07-2011, 02:31 PM
PK, You are close to Indian Consulate. Good opportunity to post the flyer there. I will post them in Parsippany area tonight.

Hi

No ., I am not that close BUT will go there after AN HOUR

and PUT the FLYERS THERE

I am also planning to put the FLYERS in

HANUMAN TEMPLE Jersey CITY and the GURDWARA Jersey CITY

kaushik999
12-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Hi

Any Volunteers from JERSEY CITY......who wana take the LEAD ....!!!!

PK

dts
12-07-2011, 02:49 PM

I will post flyers at South Brunswick, lawrenceville , NJ at grocery stores, temples and at restaurants.

Can someone confirm below are the flyers I will use. Was there any update on following flyers?

IV Forum : Post: Action item: HR 3012: Week of 12/5/11 #6 by Pappu

kaushik999
12-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Can you please post the UPDATED FLYERS

as I am leaving for INDIAN Counsalate in NEW YORK

Thanks
PK

sage2006
12-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Any reason for "updated" flyers?

The ones posted by pappu at the main action item post are good to go.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/2586064-action-item-hr-3012-week-of-12-5-11-a.html#post3028327

Can you please post the UPDATED FLYERS

as I am leaving for INDIAN Counsalate in NEW YORK

Thanks
PK

waitjul282010
12-07-2011, 03:43 PM
There is one problem with those flyers. They imply that the action items are only meant for people waiting for GCs. We may need one additional flyer to request the other citizens/GC holders to sign the online petition.

neel_gump
12-07-2011, 04:30 PM
There is one problem with those flyers. They imply that the action items are only meant for people waiting for GCs. We may need one additional flyer to request the other citizens/GC holders to sign the online petition.

I agree.

neel_gump
12-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Only 14000 signed up until now. We have 50000 strong membership at IV. With spouses and kids, we should atleast get 100,000 signatures to sign this petition (Please Vote 'Yes' on HR3012 | Petition2Congress (http://www.petition2congress.com/5686/please-vote-yes-on-fairness-high-skilled-immigrants-act/)).

Common guys!! Act fast!!

sundarvap
12-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Thanks For all the hard work and way to go.

Donated $100 .

Receipt No: 0173-0064-0460-8323

cleo76
12-07-2011, 05:06 PM
contributed $100 in addition to my monthly subscription and have also completed the listed Action Items. It's really great to see so many people contributing to IV for help in pushing the latest bill - however it would be good to see how much IV is really collecting as the green status bar really doesnt give any reasonable estimate on how much funds have been received and are still needed.
This would or rather could help give people a little more satisfaction or feedback that their contributions are helping to the overall amount collected.

neel_gump
12-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Just donated $100 more. Transaction ID #2D504757KH138635R

Rb_newsletter
12-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Only 14000 signed up until now. We have 50000 strong membership at IV. With spouses and kids, we should atleast get 100,000 signatures to sign this petition (Please Vote 'Yes' on HR3012 | Petition2Congress (http://www.petition2congress.com/5686/please-vote-yes-on-fairness-high-skilled-immigrants-act/)).

Common guys!! Act fast!!

Sure we need to act more. There is another petition to oppose 3012 and it got 4036 votes so far. We need to reach at least 10 times the opposition number.

GCTorture
12-07-2011, 06:21 PM
hey I live in Brooklyn. Yes, we can patch up and work this weekend on distributing flyers. You can write to me at uudayb at yahoo dot com.

GCTorture
12-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Hi

Thanks

PK

hey I live in Brooklyn. Yes, we can patch up and work this weekend on distributing flyers. You can write to me at uudayb at yahoo dot com.

mgmanoj
12-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Flier should have couple lines on family immigration than we can attract the existing citizen and green card holders.

padmaforopt
12-07-2011, 07:37 PM
I wish, let the H.R.3012 move fast and let it come to an end soon ( hopefully with good results).

The insane thing is, when you have to see the comments from Opponents . Oh God... no one could expect that people go so crazy for GC ( when their GC is delayed).

Thank God, that's not existed in IV here. I always frame my mind not to visit any other site .But, this is the first bill I am watching closely.I cannot sit idle without hearing whats happening .

I am following the action items and trying to spread the word .I have contacted many freinds, with whom I was not in touch from months/years.

I HOPE IV SHOULD WIN AND SUPPORTERS SHOULD WIN. But I pray god ,to make it soon.

If this post doesn't look relevant ...it can be deleted ... I thought to express my views ...

neel_gump
12-07-2011, 07:50 PM
In addition to signing the petition (Please Vote 'Yes' on HR3012 | Petition2Congress (http://www.petition2congress.com/5686/please-vote-yes-on-fairness-high-skilled-immigrants-act/)), you can also take action at WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 3012, The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/112_HR_3012.html)

Can't believe nay-sayer are leading there!!:mad::mad:
Come one guys!!

mastmunda
12-07-2011, 07:55 PM
In addition to signing the petition (Please Vote 'Yes' on HR3012 | Petition2Congress), you can also take action at WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 3012, The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act

pappu
12-07-2011, 08:48 PM

Thank you very much. We need each one of us doing our part to spread the message in every possible way.

mechanical13
12-07-2011, 08:58 PM
IV Team:

I have created an alternate flyer. Its a little dramatic, but I wanted to create one that drew people's attention and really made them go to immigration voice.

Please find pdf format attached. PM me with your email address and I will send you document in word format.

GO IV GO!

mechanical13
12-07-2011, 09:04 PM
IV Team:

I created a second flyer with different text to rally those from Mexico and the Philippines.

Please PM me for word versions.

We need to post these in all Mexican or Philippino stores!

Nostwal
12-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Pappu or Admin,

Any update on where things are moving. Thanks. Cant stop asking because we are so near but so far.

neel_gump
12-07-2011, 09:15 PM
IV Team:

I have created an alternate flyer. Its a little dramatic, but I wanted to create one that drew people's attention and really made them go to immigration voice.

Please find pdf format attached. PM me with your email address and I will send you document in word format.

GO IV GO!

Awesome stuff dude. I am posting this it in my area!!

mechanical13
12-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Pappu or Admin,

Any update on where things are moving. Thanks. Cant stop asking because we are so near but so far.

Nostwal,

IV Core is busy with advocacy. Aman sends frequent emails with updates. The Core Team will update everyone as and when required.

I know this is a difficult time for all of us. Hang in there. We will prevail!

pappu
12-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Pappu or Admin,

Welcome to IV and thanks for joining. There is a lot to be done by each member. Please follow all action items and contribute to IV. Please read the text on the website to understand what we do and how we do and understand the political process. It is a lot to learn even for old timers who are still learning the ropes. But in the end we will succeed. Just believe in yourself that you are doing the right thing to fix the immigration problem nd unfairness in the system.

Nostwal
12-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the reply. Hope this bill would be law before end of the year.

unluckydude
12-07-2011, 09:24 PM
I just got a mail from one of the regional language groups requesting for support of our bill.

I hope we are all part of one or the other group which shares information among its members of group. Please use these group members to seek support.

We can reach out to a lot of people by one mail which will benefit every one of us.

skrish
12-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Im wondering how the votes on WashingtonWatch.com got skewed in favor of the unfair crowd.. As late as last weekend it was 80-20 for the supporters of H.R 3012. please go there and vote for if you havent already.

Thanks

skrish
12-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Folks , please take some time to visit the Chinatown(S) in your resepective cities and post the flyers there too... The chinese are much larger in number and im sure they can help also.

can anyone translate the flyer into mandarin or cantonese, especially stressing the doubling of family based quotas tooo... I thought we had a few chinese members whom we can seek out...

oracleking
12-07-2011, 09:53 PM
In addition to signing the petition (Please Vote 'Yes' on HR3012 | Petition2Congress (http://www.petition2congress.com/5686/please-vote-yes-on-fairness-high-skilled-immigrants-act/)), you can also take action at WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 3012, The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/112_HR_3012.html)

Can't believe nay-sayer are leading there!!:mad::mad:
Come one guys!!

I noticed the numbers and logged to see if it has been posted. Good to see that it was posted.

This Washingtonwatch.com Vote FOR or AGAINST the bill is ridiculous. You can simply open the browser and say vote FOR or AGAINST n thats about it. It will count your vote.

Just to make sure, I voted FOR on one of my laptops and its done. Then I did same on 2nd laptop n done. Its counting each n every vote without asking for any details about your background like other sites such as Popvox. (Did you get the message?? :D )

This way any geek can write a program to keep on voting FOR or AGAINST on this site till its end of time. There is simply no credibility to this number.

Now coming back to the point.....Having said all this, please keep voting FOR on this site so that numbers favor us. We simply cannot ignore a single resource of supporting this bill.

StarSun
12-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Here is one letter I drafted for IOWan Indians.
( Moderators/Admins, feel free to delete if Inappropriate
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IV Members,
It is very encouraging to see that so many of you are participating in all our action items. At this time, we request that if you have any ideas for action items, please send them to info@immigrationvoice.org or to me. Do not start action items on your own.

The flier idea came up from this forum - members have worked on it, and we have posted them in our action item thread.

Thank you for understanding.

sri1309
12-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Use this also to convince the decision makers:

Please understand a very simple logic here. US needs very talented and trained engineers in this employment category where unemployment rate is very very less.

If you create these delays, 6-10+ years of US Experienced Engineers and Managers leave the country due to these unbearable waits, and start competing with US, the same country that gave them this experience. Then US will get more less skilled people from all over the world and India to fill positions that need better skills, and then again train them.

SO BOTTOM LINE IS, US-trained and educated professionals will go to India, and compete with US . Do you see the problem. Isnt this funny too.

Train here, then when ripe, send them out, and then let them create value for competitors of US. Please see what you are loosing also.

skrish
12-07-2011, 10:48 PM
need to get it to 20K+ at least folks...

gujju
12-07-2011, 11:06 PM
I just posted fliers in 2 Indian Restaurants , 4 Indian grocery stores and temple in Columbus , OH.

We will make it happen.

Rock on IV.

Thanks
gujju

forever_waiting
12-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Awesome flyers. Great work guys.
WIll be posting everywhere starting now.

Make sure you post it in desi malls/stores/temples so only impacted folks see and the flyer doesnt fall into wrong hands.

Abhi_OneDay
12-08-2011, 12:58 AM
Completed Action items - 1 & 2.
I promise to contribute by this weekend.
A grass roots effort with this momentum is bound to succeed! history is testimony to that.

Go IV and its able leadership, u r a true inspiration.

bpratap
12-08-2011, 02:56 AM
Action Items Done again

bpratap
12-08-2011, 03:03 AM
Do we need to vote on this ? is this credible ?

WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 3012, The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/112_HR_3012.html)

Right now vote count in this is 57% against and 43% support. if this is a credible place, we should vote more here as well.

Looking for IV Core's guidance on this .

thomachan72
12-08-2011, 04:10 AM
:d

thomachan72
12-08-2011, 04:12 AM
I just posted fliers in 2 Indian Restaurants , 4 Indian grocery stores and temple in Columbus , OH.

We will make it happen.

Rock on IV.

Thanks
gujju

Great job gujju. Keep it up.
OSU might have a good Indian/chinese student/postdoc group. If there is anyway to get a few flyers to them it might be great.

SGP
12-08-2011, 08:00 AM
I tried to sign for the petition again today (Action Item#2). When I try to do so it says
Quote:
"Hi! We have noticed that you are making multiple submissions. Are you XXXXX. It is a violation to falsely submit letters to the United States Congress"
Unquote

Please guide.

tracka
12-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Completed all the action items several times. Great job everyone!

Any status about senate scheduling?

Suva
12-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Done with emails and petition.

Forcechaos
12-08-2011, 10:02 AM
IV Team:

I created a second flyer with different text to rally those from Mexico and the Philippines.

Please PM me for word versions.

We need to post these in all Mexican or Philippino stores!

[QUOTE=mechanical13;3035116]IV Team:

I have sent you a PM for word copy of the flyer. I can translate it to Spanish language. Any volunteers for Filipino language? I believe it will have more impact.

gc_check
12-08-2011, 10:05 AM
* Completed action items today again.
* Also for an email from Senator Office y'day. Looks like the standard response referring to the comparable Senate bill for H.R. 3012. Not sure, if the letters to senator be sent every day.

mechanical13
12-08-2011, 10:11 AM
[QUOTE=mechanical13;3035116]IV Team:

I have sent you a PM for word copy of the flyer. I can translate it to Spanish language. Any volunteers for Filipino language? I believe it will have more impact.

Forcechaos, please PM me your email address. There is no means for me to send you a file via PM. Thanks.

greencard.wait
12-08-2011, 10:43 AM
I already supported mine. It won't harm.

WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 3012, The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/112_HR_3012.html)

Right now vote count in this is 57% against and 43% support. if this is a credible place, we should vote more here as well.

Hara Pata kab aayega
12-08-2011, 10:44 AM
IV Members,
It is very encouraging to see that so many of you are participating in all our action items. At this time, we request that if you have any ideas for action items, please send them to info@immigrationvoice.org or to me. Do not start action items on your own.

The flier idea came up from this forum - members have worked on it, and we have posted them in our action item thread.

Thank you for understanding.

THe most effective ways to reach is Desi Radi stations, I have taken appointment for this weekend to meet the guys at local radia station.

But make sure we have to tell them regarding the backlog in EB but highlight abt the increase in FB also so those people can join us too.More Indians means more listeners for their station.

devndev
12-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Thanks IV for all the hard work.

A small contribution of $100 - Transaction ID: 35U71298M0785892J

I did the action item of reaching out to the senators etc and got responses from them like "we still need to protect american workers" ....
Our standard text needs to state explicitly the fact that this is not about adding any more visa numbers and just about fairly distributing the available numbers.
I believe this should be part of the first 2 sentences as most maynot be reading the full text of the message and this part is mentioned only at the end.

kaushik999
12-08-2011, 11:02 AM
I tried to sign for the petition again today (Action Item#2). When I try to do so it says
Quote:
"Hi! We have noticed that you are making multiple submissions. Are you XXXXX. It is a violation to falsely submit letters to the United States Congress"
Unquote

Please guide.

Same Here

Rather it SAYS it a " VOILATION to make to make MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS "

Pls Guide

PK

sareesh
12-08-2011, 11:10 AM
if you submitting for two close the browser and click again.

Same Here

Rather it SAYS it a " VOILATION to make to make MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS "

Pls Guide

PK

scorpion
12-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Completed Action items.

rpat1968
12-08-2011, 11:29 AM
I ran into a powerful Washington blog and there is lot of negative comments as well as non support votes to the H.R 3012 bill
@

Please support and post your support.

hsd31
12-08-2011, 11:45 AM
This blog is the 3rd result in google search for "H.R. 3012" right after the 2 links to the text of the bill in Thomas.

Admins, can you please review this and see if it needs to be added as an action item.

I ran into a powerful Washington blog and there is lot of negative comments as well as non support votes to the H.R 3012 bill
@

rahul2699
12-08-2011, 11:49 AM

Looks like ROW folks are using fake names and ID's to increase the count. Can we go to the above link and show our support for this bill.

rahul2699
12-08-2011, 12:12 PM
This is the reply I got from NJ Senator Robert Menendez:

Please don't post responses from lawmakers on the public forums. thanks

padmaforopt
12-08-2011, 12:16 PM
I can give the flyers in melbourne ,Fl and Oralndo,fl indian groceries and temples.
I will try to do the same in Tampa,Fl.

I posted the message in one of the Chinese forum .But no luck , the moderator has not yet approved the message . I couldn't find more Chinese forums . If any one knows about it , please update here.

Can we expect the H.R.3012 on the calender of next week . Just out of curiosity .

I feel the opposition will go strong as the process is delayed .

If it doesn't look relevant , can be deleted.

padmaforopt
12-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I can give the flyers in melbourne ,Fl and Oralndo,fl indian groceries and temples.
I will try to do the same in Tampa,Fl.

I posted the message in one of the Chinese forum .But no luck , the moderator has not yet approved the message . I couldn't find more Chinese forums . If any one knows about it , please update here.

Can we expect the H.R.3012 on the calender of next week . Just out of curiosity .

I feel the opposition will go strong as the process is delayed .

If it doesn't look relevant , can be deleted.

I mean more noise will be introduced , if it gets delayed .

nat23
12-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Getting a bill on the floor in an emotionally charged environment is not good for the fate of the bill. It's best to allow time for the initial fever come down and using that time to resiliently lobby in favor of the bill.

Cheers
Nat

harakiri
12-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Please feel free to delete this (no offense taken)

^^^
Emotionally charged environment for people who are involved in it who are immigrants, but its certainly not an emotionally charged issue for the Americans

skrish
12-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Folks,

maybe a hold on one of the good senators bills would better convince him as to the logic of
placing ill-thought out holds on bills and discouraging debate... Listing of bills sponsored by him are below:

GovTrack: Search Legislation in Congress (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billsearch.xpd?sponsor=300048)

Ajoshi
12-08-2011, 01:14 PM

Just voted "For" from two different IPs. Guys the Nay sayers are still more than Yays. Lets stomp this "For" link and move the needle.

vsrinir
12-08-2011, 01:15 PM
As per web site of : "THE OH LAW FIRM"

12/08/2011: H.R. 3012 in the Senate - Fading Hope for Passage Before End of Year as Senate Scramble with Last Minute Pressing Legislative Bills

Senate has been struggling with some nomination bills and it will be obsessed with the Payroll Tax Cut legislation today. There are other pressing legislations in the Senate agenda that need the full attention this year. Additionally, there is unconfirmed report that as part of the November 2012 Presidential Election Democrat strategy, Sen. Durbin may push again DREAM bill when the Congress returns next year. There is still a gleam of hope for the H.R. 3012, which may be considered difficult, if, should the last minute negotiation be worked out quickly producing the bi-partisan support in the Senate, the bill can be passed on unanimous consent. Clock keeps ticking.

whiz
12-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Cannot believe ROWers with such low number got 4.4K petitions signed while we still haven't reached 16K petitions signed. There are close to half a million immigrants who will get benefited, so to see 16K petitions is pathetic.

This is a very very simple action item. Please sign it, please get everyone that you know sign it. For Indians who already have GC or citizen, please ask them to do atleast the first two action items

Greentown
12-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Voted on WashingtonWatch.com
Today I will take the fliers to grocery shops in southbay area of Los angels.

Just can't wait for senate action.

Lets all vote on WashingtonWatch.com in support of HR 3012 . Lets not make the unfair people win there.

---
Done all action items

Ajoshi
12-08-2011, 01:40 PM
How if we place a advertisement on key desi sites like "sulekha", music download sites. matrimonial sites etc. This might cost us a bit, but we can get HUGE coverage.

Placing flyers is great, but people tend to forget things easily. Also, it needs you to log into PC after you have read the flyer. It is kind of disconnected in time.

If you are already on PC, and you see the "ad", supporting the cause is much easier. Also, we reach a much broader audience base. We can drive traffic to our cause

What do you guys think? If anyone member already has good contacts with the owners of these sites, they could pitch in.

GCTorture
12-08-2011, 01:41 PM
As per web site of : "THE OH LAW FIRM"

12/08/2011: H.R. 3012 in the Senate - Fading Hope for Passage Before End of Year as Senate Scramble with Last Minute Pressing Legislative Bills

Senate has been struggling with some nomination bills and it will be obsessed with the Payroll Tax Cut legislation today. There are other pressing legislations in the Senate agenda that need the full attention this year. Additionally, there is unconfirmed report that as part of the November 2012 Presidential Election Democrat strategy, Sen. Durbin may push again DREAM bill when the Congress returns next year. There is still a gleam of hope for the H.R. 3012, which may be considered difficult, if, should the last minute negotiation be worked out quickly producing the bi-partisan support in the Senate, the bill can be passed on unanimous consent. Clock keeps ticking.

Scary. :(

padmaforopt
12-08-2011, 01:41 PM
1)I have received response from Florida & Newyork Senators . Still have to send the letters to senators ?
2) Do we have to send the thank you reply to senators reply (I mean Non-automatic/Non-General replies)
3) Is it ok to send the letters from the same email id everyday?

I cannot do Facebook & Twitter action items.
The only thing left is online emails , flyers & spreading the message , which I can do and I am actively doing it.

greencard.wait
12-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Hi,

Can we capture house committees Yes vote feedback and send it to Senator Grassley.

Why I voted Yes on H.R. 3012 (http://hanna.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3175%3Awhy-i-voted-yes-on-hr-3012&catid=52%3Avote-explanations&Itemid=300102)

Thanks,

iv_gc
12-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Is there any way to cancel the Senator Graslley's Hold?

The Senator has two concerns:
1) I have concerns about the impact of this bill on future immigration flows, Answer: The fact is even with the bill or without the bill the number of green cards issued is same, so how does it impacts the future immigration flow?

2) I am concerned that it does nothing to better protect Americans at home who seek high-skilled jobs during this time of record high unemployment.Answer: The fact is even with the bill or without the bill the number of green cards issued is same, so how does it harms American's seeking high-skilled jobs?

It looks like the Senator does not have a valid point, can we get this hold cancelled?

rorlig
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Posted the flyers at Patel Bros and other grocery stores in Waltham, MA.

I also stood outside Patel Bros and gave the flyer to a few folks by hand. I think this may be a better approach. A lot of people won't see the flyers on the wall.

Rorlig

dts
12-08-2011, 03:00 PM

I also stood outside Patel Bros and gave the flyer to a few folks by hand. I think this may be a better approach. A lot of people won't see the flyers on the wall.

Rorlig

Very good approach. Friends, Instaed just posting flyers, please handover to as many people .
This is much more effective.

cs.0
12-08-2011, 03:17 PM
hi Guys,

Better if we put ad in Sulekha.com - Connecting Indians worldwide. Read write Blogs, Groups, Classifieds, Yellow Pages, Movies, Travel (http://www.sulekha.com), Online glimpse at your Local Indian Community:: ekNazar.com (http://www.eknazar.com), Peoria Desi, Peoria Indian Community, Peoria Indians (http://www.desipeoria.com) etc....

Pls let me know yours suggestions.

regards,
cs

SGP
12-08-2011, 03:21 PM
How about Radio Talk Shows?

java98
12-08-2011, 03:38 PM
How if we place a advertisement on key desi sites like "sulekha", music download sites. matrimonial sites etc. This might cost us a bit, but we can get HUGE coverage.

Placing flyers is great, but people tend to forget things easily. Also, it needs you to log into PC after you have read the flyer. It is kind of disconnected in time.

If you are already on PC, and you see the "ad", supporting the cause is much easier. Also, we reach a much broader audience base. We can drive traffic to our cause

What do you guys think? If anyone member already has good contacts with the owners of these sites, they could pitch in.

its really good idea. In face, we can request them to place it for FREE as its for our whole community. Also, please consider ad on Desi Radios. Thanks.

Chandini
12-08-2011, 03:43 PM
How about Ads on Zee /Sony TV. They have some 30 secs at for $150.

Chandini
12-08-2011, 03:45 PM
LA saibaba temple has placed it recently. 30 secs ad is $150 its can get more indian in All US States.

Check that too.

Ajoshi
12-08-2011, 04:59 PM
How if we can get some online news agencies (rediff.com etc.) to run editorial on HR3012, with a reference to www.immigrationvoice.com

Greentown
12-08-2011, 05:05 PM
The best way is to send personal emails to all friends in the contact list. Our friends know us and they trust us.

Sending personal emails worked for me. Some of them joined & contributed. May of them worked on other action items that they are comfortable with. Send emails with YOUR personal request to join IV and help the cause. It will work.

jayathisunil
12-08-2011, 05:26 PM
I have a quick question, do we do the action items everyday?
Does that do any harm?

I have already completed the action items and asking some of my friends to contribute and support by calling them.

Thanks
Sunil

greencard.wait
12-08-2011, 05:31 PM
This is good one. We will cover bigger audience.

How about Ads on Zee /Sony TV. They have some 30 secs at for $150.

manchala
12-08-2011, 06:19 PM
@

And action items here....

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/2586064-action-item-hr-3012-week-of-12-5-11-a.html#post3036183

sri1309
12-08-2011, 06:31 PM
WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 3012, The Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/112_HR_3012.html?page=9#commentform)

Shows only 45% yes and 55% NO.

Do your voting here too..
Make it 95% Yes, 5% no.

Just click of a button..

praskar
12-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Are we guys really worried about what who's leading that Washington Post survey?

mechanical13
12-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Its not the washington post...its Washingtonwatch, a site similar to PopVox.

greencard.wait
12-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Hi,

We should make phone call to Senator office to support and remove this Hold on this bill.

Phone calls are always more effective than emails.

IV team my suggest would be to add this important action item in the list.

Thanks,

pappu
12-08-2011, 07:58 PM

Rorlig

Thank you very much. We had some members who did such distribution few years ago and it was successful. We may want to try again. Imagine couple of thousand members doing it tomorrow and this weekend... It will be a huge publicity. Add to it postings on public places where immigrants visit.

Let's have this action item from tomorrow until Sunday and bring support from several more thousands of people.

pappu
12-08-2011, 08:02 PM
its really good idea. In face, we can request them to place it for FREE as its for our whole community. Also, please consider ad on Desi Radios. Thanks.

We should ask all immigration websites and websites visited by immigrants to post immigration voice links to action items on their homepage . This may help get more support. If you know owners of such sites, reach out to them to place such information to help immigrants.

mgmanoj
12-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Sent flier via email to hindu temple group in birmingham, alabama. also sent to my friends to send it across many others.

Pappu_Pager
12-08-2011, 09:29 PM
hi Guys,

Better if we put ad in Sulekha.com - Connecting Indians worldwide. Read write Blogs, Groups, Classifieds, Yellow Pages, Movies, Travel (http://www.sulekha.com), Online glimpse at your Local Indian Community:: ekNazar.com (http://www.eknazar.com), Peoria Desi, Peoria Indian Community, Peoria Indians (http://www.desipeoria.com) etc....

Pls let me know yours suggestions.

regards,
cs

Fully agree .. Suggested the same earlier ... waiting for other people to take the lead ..

Pappu_Pager
12-08-2011, 09:30 PM
We should ask all immigration websites and websites visited by immigrants to post immigration voice links to action items on their homepage . This may help get more support. If you know owners of such sites, reach out to them to place such information to help immigrants.

Agree fully. In fact, other immigration and genuine Immigration Lawyer should be doing it by themselves ..

Pappu_Pager
12-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Folks,

maybe a hold on one of the good senators bills would better convince him as to the logic of
placing ill-thought out holds on bills and discouraging debate... Listing of bills sponsored by him are below:

GovTrack: Search Legislation in Congress (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billsearch.xpd?sponsor=300048)
If his bills are making sense, no need to place hold on his bills .. bcoz, it is not he, who get the lesson .. it would be the people benefiting from his bill would be suffered .. like we are getting suffered ..

Swati Dandekar .. she has been in Senate office of State of IOWA .. she herself is Indian immigrant .. Her support should be gathered to appease Grasslly ..

haramihokie
12-08-2011, 10:04 PM
This is picking up a lot of steam

http://www.petition2congress.com/5677/oppose-hr-3012-its-companions-1857/act/

Can we do something ?

Pappu_Pager
12-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Following link gives the link to various Indian and Asian Student Association or Organization, throught USA ... It is by State .. In each of the student association's link, there is Contact Us link to find their contact (email / phone) details ..

Indian / Asian students are also one of the prime benefitor of this bill so a nice, rational and convincable write up to them to support this bill would also generate mass. The communication to them should nicely and clearly list the action items, they should submit / gather from their college / school / community ...

Link -
Indian Student Association, Associations, ISA, Indian Student Organizations, Education and Universities in US and North America from Garamchai.Com (http://www.garamchai.com/indassc.htm)

thomachan72
12-08-2011, 10:43 PM
This is picking up a lot of steam

Activity: Oppose HR 3012 and it\'s companion s-1857 | Petition2Congress (http://www.petition2congress.com/5677/oppose-hr-3012-its-companions-1857/act/)

Can we do something ?

We do not expect those folks to keep quiet do we? Instead of panicking on seeing such activities anybody who notices the organized efforts to derail 3012 should put twice the effort in coordinating our action items. There are lots of folks amongst us who have exceptional organizing and leadership skills. Use these to generate the needed support. Just inform IV what you are planning. For emailing/tweeting it is sad that we have not yet completely utilized the efforts of Indian/chinese student associations. Shouldn't somebody have some connections there? For funding yes we have to be active and recruit at the stores/temples etc. We have to remember that we are fighting against heavy odds so our efforts should be very strong. Finally remember to do everything with a strong vision of success. Believe that you have achieved what you want and however strong the odds be miracles can and will happen:D:D We could be suprised by a pleasant update from IV:D who knows what he has in store for us but we certainly have to do our part:D:D

Suva
12-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Well said. Couldn't agree more.

We do not expect those folks to keep quiet do we? Instead of panicking on seeing such activities anybody who notices the organized efforts to derail 3012 should put twice the effort in coordinating our action items. There are lots of folks amongst us who have exceptional organizing and leadership skills. Use these to generate the needed support. Just inform IV what you are planning. For emailing/tweeting it is sad that we have not yet completely utilized the efforts of Indian/chinese student associations. Shouldn't somebody have some connections there? For funding yes we have to be active and recruit at the stores/temples etc. We have to remember that we are fighting against heavy odds so our efforts should be very strong. Finally remember to do everything with a strong vision of success. Believe that you have achieved what you want and however strong the odds be miracles can and will happen:D:D We could be suprised by a pleasant update from IV:D who knows what he has in store for us but we certainly have to do our part:D:D

subbuss
12-08-2011, 11:25 PM
All - Have been following IV for a few days to understand the new bill...

Made my small contribution of $100; Transaction Id: 0692-5329-0969-0724.

Have been sending emails and messages to senators regularly.

kalatt
12-08-2011, 11:26 PM
donated another 200... total so far 500...

Pappu_Pager
12-09-2011, 02:11 AM
donated another 200... total so far 500...

Great ... we need more active supporters like yours ..

The7zen
12-09-2011, 09:55 AM
!!!!

dts
12-09-2011, 10:24 AM
If his bills are making sense, no need to place hold on his bills .. bcoz, it is not he, who get the lesson .. it would be the people benefiting from his bill would be suffered .. like we are getting suffered ..

Swati Dandekar .. she has been in Senate office of State of IOWA .. she herself is Indian immigrant .. Her support should be gathered to appease Grasslly ..

As H.R.3012 in seriuos trouble, Should IV take support of AILA ? When anti HR 3012 forces are coordinated stronglt, we also need to coordinate support from other organizations like AILA.
Is IV core team in discussion with AILA ? Admin, can you please reach our voice to IV leaders?

dts
12-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Last time any immigration bill for high skilled immigrants passed in the house was in 1999.

So this is a big deal. The is no excuse now for any lack of funds or hard work for senate. We need everyone involved. Please spread the message to everyone. Time is very short and we need to give our best to get this done in the senate.
We need to think beyond the support of a couple of hundred people contributing $ 25 , 50 100 . Other organizations lobby with millions in their budget. For example Aila has 13 million budget per year to lobby. For us doing in shoestring budget is a miracle. The reality is very different but it shows that if all of us work hard nothing is Impossible. It will take time ( it took immigration voice 5 years) but we are now in the last stages of the marathon.
The success of this bill is in the hands of each one of us reading this post. Please do your part in this history we are all making.

As H.R.3012 in seriuos trouble, Should IV take support of AILA ? When anti HR 3012 forces are coordinated stronglt, we also need to coordinate support from other organizations like AILA.
Is IV core team in discussion with AILA ? Admin, can you please reach our voice to IV leaders?

amulchandra
12-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Happy for EB2 guys . Their PD progressed a lot in the visa bulletin .
Any update on HR 3012 which is the only hope for EB3 I right now.
Are we still on track or are we going to give it a pause for the time being.

chikna
12-09-2011, 10:49 AM
What happened to 3012? Entire web media is talking about Visa Bulletin and EB2 in particular. Does this mean the support for 3012 is fading??

manchala
12-09-2011, 10:57 AM
This bill helps EB2 and more than that it will help EB3. This big movement means you need to be ready that Visa Bulletin will not move for 2 more years until they clear all inventory. Remember after July 2007? How slow it moved? This will repeat. So any one after Jan 2011 should be worried abt it and participate in action items more rigorously. So keep out of your dreams and work towards H.R 3012 even if you are EB2 after Jan 2009. Now they will have around 50K applications which takes atleast 2 years for them to move. So from next bulletin expect retrogression and stalled movement for EB2 also.