PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to STAPLE Bill (GC for PhD holders)

AndroAsc
11-27-2011, 02:22 PM
There was a bill reintroduced a few months ago, that is similiar to the STAPLE Bill proposed back in 2009/2010. Basically, it would grant GC to PhD holders who have employment. What has become of that bill? How do I check on it's progress/status?

Is this the same one as HR 3012? I remember reading through a transcript of a four testimonies that talked about this, and stuff related to HR 3012 (removing country quota).

imh1b
11-27-2011, 03:08 PM
It went nowhere because not a single Ph.D supported and worked hard to get the bill passed.

greyhair
11-27-2011, 05:50 PM
There was a bill reintroduced a few months ago, that is similiar to the STAPLE Bill proposed back in 2009/2010. Basically, it would grant GC to PhD holders who have employment. What has become of that bill? How do I check on it's progress/status?

Is this the same one as HR 3012? I remember reading through a transcript of a four testimonies that talked about this, and stuff related to HR 3012 (removing country quota).

Phds have 1-2 year wait time, that too due to the time it takes to process the application. Is that not good enough, why do you want more bill for a category that has minimal wait times? Staple bill is chesey but most hopeless thing a congress can do. Phds don't start companies, overeducated has no appetite for risk.

Also, even Congress is not favorable to symbolic bills like staple act etc. So the status is that it's only an idea that will not take off. Such bills will not go anywhere because it's waste of time and energy. No one will actually staple visa with Phds, it's just a gimmick. The process and wait times for Phds cannot get any shorter than what it is today.

HR 3012 is the best bill for those in backlogs.

smuggymba
11-27-2011, 08:42 PM

Did you work towards the bill or put in any effort?