PDA

View Full Version : USCIS Biometrics notice

ras
05-11-2009, 12:11 AM
I have already given biometrics once after filing my I 485. I have recieved again a letter asking me to appear for biometrics next week.

Question: How many times biometrics are taken after filing for I 485?
Is it every year we need to update biometrics?

Is this an indication that something is being processed on my 485. I dont see a possibility of the 485 being approved as the priority date is Dec 06.

If some one can shed light on this that would be much appreciated.

vadicherla
05-11-2009, 12:27 AM
This is normal. Biometrics expires after 15 months. I seen some of july filers receiving Fingerpriting notices for second time. One of my freind received letter from USCIS for same.

This does not mean your applicaiton will process without considering P.D

boreal
05-11-2009, 12:47 AM
This is normal. Biometrics expires after 15 months. I seen some of july filers receiving Fingerpriting notices for second time. One of my freind received letter from USCIS for same.

My observation/analysis (after seeing the various posts in various message boards) is that if your application is pre-adjudicated before the 15 month FP expiry period, then you wont get another FP notice. If it is taken up for pre-adjudication after the FPs have expired, then probably the IO will send out another FP notice.

Ofourse, my analysis might be seriously flawed - and this is just a guess, no one knows how USCIS operates, not even USCIS!

vadicherla
05-11-2009, 12:59 AM
no one knows how USCIS operates, not even USCIS!

This is true. No body know how USCIS Works. They send finger print notice last week for my wife. I not Yet received any notice even i am primary application

vivo
05-11-2009, 12:41 PM
I had a very interesting experience in Infopass appointment last week. I took Infopass to check why i did not get second FF yet. The rep over at washington field office was very kind she pulled out my file and said ..ooh ur FF has been done in Feb 09 ..i was shocked and told her that i never did any FF recently ..and then she checked my wife's FF her's was showing as updated in Mar 09 ..now it was rep's turn to get confused..:confused:..she went to talk to her supervisor why it is showing up as FF done even though i never did it. After few mins she came out and gave somewhat good news ..Texas center is auto updating finger printing based from last time ..so we do not have do it again ...I am a EB2 ..with SEP 05 as PD.

NolaIndian32
05-11-2009, 12:51 PM
I had a very interesting experience in Infopass appointment last week. I took Infopass to check why i did not get second FF yet. The rep over at washington field office was very kind she pulled out my file and said ..ooh ur FF has been done in Feb 09 ..i was shocked and told her that i never did any FF recently ..and then she checked my wife's FF her's was showing as updated in Mar 09 ..now it was rep's turn to get confused..:confused:..she went to talk to her supervisor why it is showing up as FF done even though i never did it. After few mins she came out and gave somewhat good news ..Texas center is auto updating finger printing based from last time ..so we do not have do it again ...I am a EB2 ..with SEP 05 as PD.

What is FF? Do you mean finger printing? :confused:

hpandey
05-11-2009, 02:23 PM
My observation/analysis (after seeing the various posts in various message boards) is that if your application is pre-adjudicated before the 15 month FP expiry period, then you wont get another FP notice. If it is taken up for pre-adjudication after the FPs have expired, then probably the IO will send out another FP notice.

Ofourse, my analysis might be seriously flawed - and this is just a guess, no one knows how USCIS operates, not even USCIS!

Does someone know why the finger prints expire ? Do people grow new fingers so that they have to take the prints again. Any agency should be able to run the same prints again through the database to see if there is any new information against the applicant. :D

ruchigup
05-11-2009, 03:12 PM
I wonder that too, what's the logic of re-finger printing. Only thing I can think of is updated picture....

Does someone know why the finger prints expire ? Do people grow new fingers so that they have to take the prints again. Any agency should be able to run the same prints again through the database to see if there is any new information against the applicant. :D

hpandey
05-11-2009, 03:25 PM
I wonder that too, what's the logic of re-finger printing. Only thing I can think of is updated picture....

That must be it that they want the latest picture to be associated with the fingerprints .

kprgroup
05-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Hi All

I am a July 2007, 485 Filer.My wife & I got 1st time FP notice last week and schedule for Wednesday.I am the primary applicant.My notice shows CODE1 & my wife shows CODE3. Any idea?

Thanks
KPR

alterego
05-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Biometrics notice every 15-17 months is routine. I have done 3. There does not appear to be ceiling on the number of them. Just like EAD, you keep going until..........................

yestogc
05-11-2009, 10:50 PM
There is no numerical number, as to how many times they can ask.
Like wisely said above even USCIS also does not know what they are doing.

I also do not know the logic of updated photo, why they need every year.

eb2dec2005
05-12-2009, 01:14 AM
hi,

My husband is out of country .He got a second Finger Print notice scheduled for 3pm EST tomorrow.(well, i did not get a chance to check my mail until today.)
What is the process to re-schedule it?On behalf of him, can i call USCIS and inform about his absence?Btw, i am the primary applicant although i did not get any notice.

Please advise.

eb2dec2005
05-12-2009, 01:37 AM
^^^^^^^^

ras
05-12-2009, 02:16 AM
hi,

My husband is out of country .He got a second Finger Print notice scheduled for 3pm EST tomorrow.(well, i did not get a chance to check my mail until today.)
What is the process to re-schedule it?On behalf of him, can i call USCIS and inform about his absence?Btw, i am the primary applicant although i did not get any notice.

Please advise.

You can call them on the number given and reschedule the appointment. If you cannot call, visit the appointment center and ask them for a reschedule. But It's easier to call and reschedule it anyway. I believe, you shouldn't have issues representing your husband for this purpose.

eb2dec2005
05-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks Ras , for your advise.
Today i took an infopass appointment , however there were some technical issues at the center, so she asked me to manually mail the appointment letter for re-scheduling.

joydiptac
05-12-2009, 11:12 PM

Another reason why they may be sending the FP notices could be they are interested to know if you are still pursuing the I485 application?

What is weird is this time around only the dependent applicants have been asked to give their FPs.
Since there has been no updates on my I485s in the past 1 year I do not think it is preadjudicated either.
Wonder what the deal is?

langagadu
05-13-2009, 08:46 AM
In my case, my wife who is primary got FP notice and not me.

Another reason why they may be sending the FP notices could be they are interested to know if you are still pursuing the I485 application?

What is weird is this time around only the dependent applicants have been asked to give their FPs.
Since there has been no updates on my I485s in the past 1 year I do not think it is preadjudicated either.
Wonder what the deal is?

coolpal
05-13-2009, 11:20 AM
I don't know if I should feel happy or sad seeing you all talk about second FP notices... we are yet to see our first FP notice. We opened 4 SRs and one infopass last week to no avail.
As a consolation, I have learned (from other thread) that I am not alone in this kind of situation, and the officer at Infopass told me that our background check was completed in 2007 itself. :D

pal :)

ca_immigrant
05-20-2009, 01:19 PM

We got an appmnt for June.
The last time I checked my fingers still looked the same -;)
I am nervous, is there something they do not like....should I order a new set from somewhere ?

micofrost
05-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Afte 15 months of the first one. Well it came after 18months.

Surprisingly, this time, even after giving my FP, no Soft LUD. Earlier, whenever we gave our FP, including for EADs , there used to be a soft LUD.

I am wondering if the ASC tech, screwed up by linking the FP to some another person file ?

Keeping my fingers crossed!!!
And going to keep the FP receipt in my bank locker.

YesGC_NoGC
05-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Friends

My Son grew new fingers last week and don't know how USCIS came know about that...and they sent 2nd fp notice for him.. they want to make sure new fingers do not go unscanned (just in cases if he.......they can figure out whose finger was it).

Amazingly they did not ask us to pay for it and this FP is fully funded by USCIS. All we need to do is take a half day off from work, drive down to office, pay parking etc and be done with it.. it's like weekday getaway feeling. They thought this could be good activity for people waiting for GC for years. After all, we are so bored and have nothing else to do while waiting for GC,

In serious note -
We are June 2007 , 485 Filer (EB3-I).Only My Son got 2nd time FP notice last week and schedule for 5/28.CODE3

We did go for FP in 2007, all 4 of us.... but now 2nd fp is only for my son not for anyone else in the family ...Go figure...how USCIS works

panini
05-20-2009, 03:17 PM
I never understood why you have to give fingerprints every 15 months. It is not like your fingerprints change. The stay the same all your life, so what is the point?

Winner
05-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Due to privacy concerns the law requires them to purge fingerprints every 15 months, while case is pending.

That's interesting!

Do you have any links to USCIS which explains this policy?

rick_rajvanshi
05-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Friends

My Son grew new fingers last week and don't know how USCIS came know about that...and they sent 2nd fp notice for him.. they want to make sure new fingers do not go unscanned (just in cases if he.......they can figure out whose finger was it).

Amazingly they did not ask us to pay for it and this FP is fully funded by USCIS. All we need to do is take a half day off from work, drive down to office, pay parking etc and be done with it.. it's like weekday getaway feeling. They thought this could be good activity for people waiting for GC for years. After all, we are so bored and have nothing else to do while waiting for GC,

In serious note -
We are June 2007 , 485 Filer (EB3-I).Only My Son got 2nd time FP notice last week and schedule for 5/28.CODE3

We did go for FP in 2007, all 4 of us.... but now 2nd fp is only for my son not for anyone else in the family ...Go figure...how USCIS works

Did your son recently turned 14 ?

psaxena
05-20-2009, 06:44 PM
There has been a lot of cases reported in ladies of "Finger transplant" as they wanted the nails of the different shape.. USCIS came to know of this process so they are sending the FP to all possible potential Finger transplant cases. Dun worry as long as the finger is not donated from someone from Afganistan

YesGC_NoGC
05-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Did your son recently turned 14 ?

He Turned 15 in April, this year.

setpit_gc
05-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Both of our 485 got RFE. As per CIS website, it was sent on May 20, 2009. Attorney haven't received it so far.

Message says "REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE SENT. CASE PLACED ON HOLD".

We send all the initial documents when we filed in July 2007. I have no idea what CIS is asking for.

Any idea?./

Saralayar
05-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Both of our 485 got RFE. As per CIS website, it was sent on May 20, 2009. Attorney haven't received it so far.

We send all the initial documents when we filed in July 2007. I have no idea what CIS is asking for.

Any idea?./
Your RFE is for Initial evidence. That means the basic initial requirements are not enough. May be birth certificates, Medical examination, marriage certificate etc., Once you send the required documents back your case will be resumed.

ruchigup
05-25-2009, 09:25 PM
I too was issued an RFE a month back. Mine was for employment verification and there was no RFE for spouse. Generally spouse receive a RFE to prove that you are still married to the primary. But when you have a kid (just an observation) generally there is no RFE to prove marriage.

I got restless after 7 days when neither I nor my attorney received RFE. Then I called USCIS and got to CSR and she said wait atleast 15 days. I still called again and was lucky to be connected to IO. IO said she will send a duplicate of RFE to me and to my attorney.

Original RFE was received by my attorney and duplicate was received by me and my attorney after 10-11 days of RFE issue date.

Hope my story helps.

Any idea?./

neerajkandhari
05-26-2009, 09:23 AM
I too was issued an RFE a month back. Mine was for employment verification and there was no RFE for spouse. Generally spouse receive a RFE to prove that you are still married to the primary. But when you have a kid (just an observation) generally there is no RFE to prove marriage.

I got restless after 7 days when neither I nor my attorney received RFE. Then I called USCIS and got to CSR and she said wait atleast 15 days. I still called again and was lucky to be connected to IO. IO said she will send a duplicate of RFE to me and to my attorney.

Original RFE was received by my attorney and duplicate was received by me and my attorney after 10-11 days of RFE issue date.

Hope my story helps.

What did the ask for employment verification ?

I am in the same boat

ruchigup
05-26-2009, 01:34 PM
You must submit a currently dated letter from your intended permanent employer, describing your present job duties and position in the organization, your proffered position (if different from your current one), the date you began employment and the offered salary or wage. This letter should be in the original and signed by an executive or officer of the organization who is authorized to make or confirm an offer of permanent employment. This letter must also indicate whether the terms and conditions of your employment-based visa petition (or labor certification) continue to exist.

What did the ask for employment verification ?

I am in the same boat

chantu
05-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Hi eb2dec2005,

I am in exact situation like yours. Can you please tell me how did you re-schedule your biometric appointment? Can it be done over the phone?? Can I re-schedule for the date I want to..say after 1 month??

Thanks in advance!

hi,

Please advise.

eb2dec2005
05-27-2009, 01:54 AM
Hi eb2dec2005,

I am in exact situation like yours. Can you please tell me how did you re-schedule your biometric appointment? Can it be done over the phone?? Can I re-schedule for the date I want to..say after 1 month??

Thanks in advance!

Chantu,

On the original notice, there is an option to reschedule the appointment.
I sent the notice along with a request letter to re-schedule the appointment,
I mailed the documents to the center where the finger prints are done.

coolpal
05-28-2009, 08:32 AM
I am a july 2nd filer and both me and my wife never received FP notices until yesterday. Earlier this month, we took an infopass appointment and they opened an SR requesting to look into why the FP notices were never sent.... and I guess due to this, someone opened my case (Soft LUD on the day after infopass) and finally sent me (only me) the FP notice which is scheduled for June 2nd.

For some reason, the FP notice had my address a little messed up.. instead of 1117 for the street number, they addressed it to 117.... I actually confirmed what address they had in the system when I went to InfoPass, and the officer gave me the correct address.. but now, the notice was sent to wrong address, but luckily for me the USPS still delivered it to me... But my wife hasn't received her FP notice yet... I don't see any soft LUD on her case either...

Now to my question.... Is it possible that they messed up the address just this one time or could it be that their system somehow got my address messed up.. also, can my wife come along with me for FP appoitntment and get her FPs done even tho she didn't get her FP notice yet ?

Sorry for a lengthy post.... but I would really appreciate any help from past experiences or otherwise....

thanks,

sheela
05-28-2009, 12:29 PM
I am a july 2nd filer and both me and my wife never received FP notices until yesterday. Earlier this month, we took an infopass appointment and they opened an SR requesting to look into why the FP notices were never sent.... and I guess due to this, someone opened my case (Soft LUD on the day after infopass) and finally sent me (only me) the FP notice which is scheduled for June 2nd.

For some reason, the FP notice had my address a little messed up.. instead of 1117 for the street number, they addressed it to 117.... I actually confirmed what address they had in the system when I went to InfoPass, and the officer gave me the correct address.. but now, the notice was sent to wrong address, but luckily for me the USPS still delivered it to me... But my wife hasn't received her FP notice yet... I don't see any soft LUD on her case either...

Now to my question.... Is it possible that they messed up the address just this one time or could it be that their system somehow got my address messed up.. also, can my wife come along with me for FP appoitntment and get her FPs done even tho she didn't get her FP notice yet ?

Sorry for a lengthy post.... but I would really appreciate any help from past experiences or otherwise....

thanks,

It can be corrected when you go for FP on june 2nd. Infact, the person doing FP will ask you to check and verify if all the info entered is CORRECT. Hope it helps.

coolpal
05-28-2009, 12:42 PM
It can be corrected when you go for FP on june 2nd. Infact, the person doing FP will ask you to check and verify if all the info entered is CORRECT. Hope it helps.

Thanks sheela.
Do you think I should ask my wife to come along on June 2nd. Will they taker her fingerprints too?

sheela
05-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Thanks sheela.
Do you think I should ask my wife to come along on June 2nd. Will they taker her fingerprints too?

I received FP notices for my wife, my daughter and myself but NOT for my younger daughter. My ASC was close to 350-miles trip from home. So I thought of taking her with us for a chance. They apparently tried to help but supervisor said they can not do without notice.

btw: we had to take thislong trip within less than a week with a notice in hand and she was finger printed. You may decide whether to ride her with you. May be you get notice before you go on 6/2.

kkt_tkk
05-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Hi,

Contact your attorney, attorney also receives the copy of fingerprint notices, ask to send the copy.
In my case also attorney received both copies for me and my wife.
After that, my origional copy also went to attorney address, attorney sent back to me the origional.

FYI,
Both copies --> Attorney received
My wife got origional letter --> Home Address
My origional letter --> Attorney address

-Good luck

My wife received the I am a july 2nd filer and both me and my wife never received FP notices until yesterday. Earlier this month, we took an infopass appointment and they opened an SR requesting to look into why the FP notices were never sent.... and I guess due to this, someone opened my case (Soft LUD on the day after infopass) and finally sent me (only me) the FP notice which is scheduled for June 2nd.

thanks,

GCard_Dream
05-28-2009, 02:42 PM
I also couldn't attend the biometrics appointment so I asked it to be re-scheduled. The process is as follows:

1. Return the original notice to the ASC with a check mark on the re-schedule request. Make sure you make a copy for yourself.

2. If you need a specific range of dates, write a letter explaining your situation and why you need those dates and ASC will most likely honor your request.

In my case, however, I didn't wait for ASC to send me the new appointment dates. I just went to the ASC with a copy of the old appointment and explained why I wasn't able to come in at the appointment date and they were more than happy to accommodate me. I suspect you can also go before the appointment date if you can and explain why you won't be able to come in on the appointment date. That should work as well.

Good luck.

Hi eb2dec2005,

Thanks in advance!

Sreeshankar
05-28-2009, 02:50 PM

thanks,
congrats that they send you the FP,(though bit hassles enroute !!), I guess it wouldn't hurt to to take an Infopass and request them to contact the supervisor at your I 485 center to check on status of the FP notice for your wife and also inform of the address correction. You could also request your attorney to call or fax the information to the center director or supervisor to resolve the issue. Best Wishes.

ras
05-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Hi did you receive any hard LUD before receiving the letter. My wife and myself received E-mail about notice for further evidence. If you have received e-mail from CRIS, what is the subject of the e-mail?? U response will help me understand what is going on. I can wait, but I am also thinking about moving to new location. I would rather take one issue at a time than deal things simultaneously. :confused:

I did receive a letter and not RFE. The letter asked me to give the biometrics at a specified time and date. I went ahead and gave the finger prints. That's it done for now.