PDA

View Full Version : Why cant we have another DC rally???

gc_dega_gandhigiri
05-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Lets protest for EB reform..

dallasdude
05-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Will a nude protest work? Anything to gather attention right now.

ganguteli
05-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Will a nude protest work? Anything to gather attention right now.

:mad::p;):D:o:):(:confused::rolleyes::cool::eek:

The7zen
05-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Lets protest for EB reform..

Did you attend the first rally ?

bazuka6
05-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Did you attend the first rally ?

I've been a IV member since 2006 - contributed $50 every month without fail. I do believe that the IV leadership is competent. I DO NOT THINK our strategy is right.

-- We keep talking about Eb3/eb2 backlogs : This is probably the most shortsighted way of approaching the solution. Why @10% unemployment would any congressman bring a bill to facilitate jobs for foreigners ? I've looked at youtube videos released by IV members - they talk about not getting promoted without a GC. Our rant to get greencards so we can visit Canada or get promoted or get our wives to work - has not worked. It will NOT work

Guys, let's get the story straight -

We don't need greencards, we want to become americans...we'd like to vote because we pay taxes and have amassed huge amounts in social security. We'd like be part of the social fabric and will most likely vote for the party that will work to make US citizens.We'd like to invest in this country (either through buying homes or through creating businesses).We'd like our kids to go to school and graduate and not have to take them back to countries where they become alien americans.

We'd like to be treated equally by the government machinery - we don't get loans because we aren't permanent residents. We stand in line to get a drivers license every year.
-- I still don't understand why we keep talking about employment based reform. I'd ask that anyone that has legally paid taxes for the last 8 - 10 years (just pick a #) be granted citizenship. That number alone will release enough visas for the rest.

-- Get in touch with advocacy groups like ACORN or ACLU and become a real debate.. Nothing will be done if we keep setting upmeetings or rallys with a couple of 100 people.

-- Think how you would create political capital. Clearly no one has any interest in visa recapture or country quota. Our story is of justice denied - immigrants being mis-treated by banks, by the DMV, by the CBP officers. It must be about the fact that we're here already and having an artificial line at the USCIS is inconsequential.

Go for the big ones people..this recapture bs will get us nowhere...