PDA

View Full Version : did not get old PD on the new i140 approval.

supers789
05-08-2009, 02:55 AM
I had EB-2 i140 approved with old employer. With new employer my attorney submitted a copy of old i140 so that I will get older PD with new i140.

I received the new i140 approval. But USCIS did not indicate old PD in the new i140.Any idea why would they do that??

I was wondering if attorney did not file the request correctly / any mistake on USCIS part or anything I need to do to follow up in this matter to get older PD?

My attorney said, USCIS sometimes do not indicate old PD on new i140 approval and that I can submit both i140's with 485 application when OLD PD becomes current.

IS that good explanation or anything I need to look into?.. Worried as this is a well-known attorney firm for their really bad reputation!

Thanks!

mpillai
05-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Submit an 140 amendment with proof and specific law point clearly mentioned.

I had EB-2 i140 approved with old employer. With new employer my attorney submitted a copy of old i140 so that I will get older PD with new i140.

I received the new i140 approval. But USCIS did not indicate old PD in the new i140.Any idea why would they do that??

I was wondering if attorney did not file the request correctly / any mistake on USCIS part or anything I need to do to follow up in this matter to get older PD?

My attorney said, USCIS sometimes do not indicate old PD on new i140 approval and that I can submit both i140's with 485 application when OLD PD becomes current.

IS that good explanation or anything I need to look into?.. Worried as this is a well-known attorney firm for their really bad reputation!

Thanks!

virginia_desi
05-08-2009, 12:38 PM

Thanks!

I had the same experience. My new I-140 was also approved with the old petition date. I could never get the date corrected. Our law firm contacted AILA to get the date corrected. The GC was approved before the date was approved before the date was fixed.

GCKaMaara
05-08-2009, 03:29 PM

Thanks!

Its an uphill road. Good luck.

supers789
05-08-2009, 08:36 PM
You don't have to post something just for the sake of posting.

I was hoping to get some good comments advise about this. Unfortunately looks like ppl are just busy predicting July 09 bulletin dates.