PDA

View Full Version : Stopover at Dubai- Visa question

techcoolie
11-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi Gurus,
I am planning to travel from Houston to Delhi Via Dubai (emirates). I have a 10 hour stopover in Dubai on my way to India. I do not plan to leave the airport. I have a GC. Do I need a transit visa.
Please advise.

Thanks,

r1r1r1
11-20-2011, 11:15 AM
You don't need if you are not going out of the airport.

schumy_micheal
11-20-2011, 01:03 PM
I believe if your inbound and outbound flight is Emirates then they provide assistance for visa on arrival at Dubai. Please check their website or call their customer contact center. Also 10hrs may be a little short for you to go out of the airport.

Thanks,
Schumy

eagerr2i
11-20-2011, 02:40 PM
You can touch the farthest point of Dubai and be back at the airport in less than 2 hours. Take a transit visa, get on the metro at the airport and ride it to Emirates Mall- see the sky slope they have built in the desert, go to Dubai Mall, see the tallest Burj Kahlifa, the amazing dancing fountain, do some shopping and relax around... it will be fun. Do not spoil your time at the airport...

bsnf
11-20-2011, 03:49 PM
I have travelled to India twice in the last 2 years via Dubia and did not require a visa. The only problem is that they will check your hand bags again before boarding the flight - this takes time.

I used to live in Dubai in 1997 and agree with eagerr2i - if you have the time then go see the place it is worth it.

ramaonline
11-20-2011, 06:07 PM
If you are travelling on Emirates, you can print out a 4 day visit visa by completing the application online - The process is very simple and costs about 65 USD.

ekaurgcf
11-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Hi,
I flew Emirates stopping over Dubai for 8 hrs as recent as Sep 11. I travelled with AP.
I called Emirates Customer Service prior to my departure and made sure request for Transit Visa was made and they got it done.

The moment you land there its a smooth process. Don't even bother paying $65. Emirates took care of that as well for me and my wife by sticking a voucher on my passport and they just scan your eyes and you just walk out of the airport.

As someone had previously suggested enjoy the stay and go around the place. Its time well spent and worth spending too.

Have a nice journey! Relax and don't sweat.

schumy_micheal
11-20-2011, 08:47 PM
I suggested 10 hrs may be a little short because of my Mom's experience in Jan this year. She has a 28hr stop over at Dubai and it took her around 3hrs to come out of the airport after completing the formalities. That may be a one of case..

As others pointed out, you should be able to go out and come in time. Make sure you do a little research before hand to make it smooth..My cents..

Thanks,
Schumy