PDA

View Full Version : Immigration and International Employment Conference on May 20th

virtual55
05-06-2009, 11:55 AM
http://www.usabal.com/seminars/#a2

Michael Aytes, is one of the speaker in this conference

sidbee
05-06-2009, 11:59 AM

Michael Aytes, is one of the speaker in this conference

Why would IV get invitation to this ?????

You pay and you attend, and its for employers, not employees..

kartikiran
05-06-2009, 12:08 PM
if a couple of members attend with immigration voice badge on their shirts, this could be a good platform for immigrationvoice as a group to get noticed.

Maybe people who are living around Washington DC neighborhood can attend to represent IV and their registration can be sponsored by IV.

Just a thought. As we push our agenda, IV as an organization must get noticed in more places where USCIS is putting its face on.

crazyghoda
05-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Wearing a badge and walking around doesnt have that much impact. What would make an impact would be if someone from IV was a speaker at the conference and highlighting the issues and wait times faced my legal immigrants from India and China.

Presenting a case study of 2-3 immigrants - one who came and was successful and one who got fed up and went back and became successful would drive home the point nicely.

ganguteli
05-06-2009, 04:32 PM

Michael Aytes, is one of the speaker in this conferenceif a couple of members attend with immigration voice badge on their shirts, this could be a good platform for immigrationvoice as a group to get noticed.

Maybe people who are living around Washington DC neighborhood can attend to represent IV and their registration can be sponsored by IV.

Just a thought. As we push our agenda, IV as an organization must get noticed in more places where USCIS is putting its face on.

This conference is for lawyers and employers and organized by lawyers. The organizers are charging fees for it too.

So what will IV gain by meeting lawyers and paying money to just get in?
Or by showing our face to USCIS official, Do you think by showing your face you will get your greencard and can promote IV? If that is true why don't you go and sit in front of USCIS and show your face to everyone entering that building?

And if you want to go then go. Why do you want IV to pay your $350?

jthomas
05-06-2009, 04:44 PM
This conference is for lawyers and employers and organized by lawyers. The organizers are charging fees for it too.

Or by showing our face to USCIS official, Do you think by showing your face you will get your greencard and can promote IV? If that is true why don't you go and sit in front of USCIS and show your face to everyone entering that building?

Doing something is always better than doing nothing. If IV members would go for the meeting there are chances that they would meet some people and talk to them. In the next meeting these people would go to the stage and talk about IV. If one does not do anything there is a high chance that one would do anything in future.
Please motivate IV members to do something. It does not matter whether it would bear results or not. After few errors they would be doing better and right things. Lets walk the talk and not talk talk talk.

ganguteli
05-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Doing something is always better than doing nothing. If IV members would go for the meeting there are chances that they would meet some people and talk to them. In the next meeting these people would go to the stage and talk about IV. If one does not do anything there is a high chance that one would do anything in future.
Please motivate IV members to do something. It does not matter whether it would bear results or not. After few errors they would be doing better and right things. Lets walk the talk and not talk talk talk.

If people really want to do something, then how about we organize a rally in DC and show up in thousands?

Then everyone will know you and you do not need to go to meetings just to show your faces and expect that someone will have mercy on us and think about us next time.

kartikiran
05-06-2009, 04:55 PM
ganguteli,

there was a donor conference call a couple of weeks back, in which aman, pappu etc participated.

your thoughts of rally was discussed, but unfortunately the numbers are not quiet adding up as it did during the July 2007 fiasco.

As per what I learned from that discussion was when IV sees the "thousands" as per your quote they are willing to support the rally idea. Otherwise, it may not make the noise as we expect it to do.

Yes, I agree with IV core's line of thought in the "rally" idea. I too wish we can do a "rally" but...:-(

If people really want to do something, then how about we organize a rally in DC and show up in thousands?

Then everyone will know you and you do not need to go to meetings just to show your faces and expect that someone will have mercy on us and think about us next time.

jthomas
05-06-2009, 05:04 PM
ganguteli,

there was a donor conference call a couple of weeks back, in which aman, pappu etc participated.

your thoughts of rally was discussed, but unfortunately the numbers are not quiet adding up as it did during the July 2007 fiasco.

As per what I learned from that discussion was when IV sees the "thousands" as per your quote they are willing to support the rally idea. Otherwise, it may not make the noise as we expect it to do.

Yes, I agree with IV core's line of thought in the "rally" idea. I too wish we can do a "rally" but...:-(

I think we should have a rally or some major IV activity. In this case everybody would get together and for every next activity we may be able to see 10% more members. We should start with a smaller number and then grow bigger. (just a thought)

virtual55
05-06-2009, 07:41 PM

First use your common sense and think positively instead of commenting posts

gbof
05-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Common sense is not so common.

There definitely is a chance to participate in Q & A and put forth/ highlight the sufferings

suriajay12
05-07-2009, 08:31 AM
ganguteli,

It works more easily the other way. If IV core endorses and supports a rally, then the numbers build up. If you dont start a campaign type of thread, where will the numbers come from. They will scatter here and there. Isnt that the case now.