PDA

View Full Version : Walk in biometric appointments for UK travel visa?

Gee13
11-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has done a walk-in appointment BEFORE the actual appointment at the Alexandria consulate (Indian national on H1-B, UK general travel visa applicant). I am hearing that this center is ok with walk-ins on weekdays and the processing time is also pretty quick. They accept walk-ins from applicants who have an appointment but decide not to wait until the appointment. My biometric appointment was for this Thursday but I am tempted to just land at the consulate a day before - earliest possible in the morning - and see how it goes. Anyone done a walk-in here? Will be helpful to know. Thanks in advance!!

sorcerer666
11-16-2011, 06:18 AM
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has done a walk-in appointment BEFORE the actual appointment at the Alexandria consulate (Indian national on H1-B, UK general travel visa applicant). I am hearing that this center is ok with walk-ins on weekdays and the processing time is also pretty quick. They accept walk-ins from applicants who have an appointment but decide not to wait until the appointment. My biometric appointment was for this Thursday but I am tempted to just land at the consulate a day before - earliest possible in the morning - and see how it goes. Anyone done a walk-in here? Will be helpful to know. Thanks in advance!!

I got it done at Boston ASC. I just went at 8 when they opened and they asked me to come later at 11 am when they had fewer appointments and got it done. They were very professional and understanding. Good luck!

mylife22
11-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Excuse my ignorance - but what is a biometric appointment?