PDA

View Full Version : enate Version (S.1857) of the House H.R. 3012 Bill Introduced in the Senate

gotgc?
11-11-2011, 11:14 AM
In The Oh Law Firm (http://www.immigration-law.com/) it says that Senate Version of the House H.R. 3012 Per Country Numberical Limitation Elimination Bill Introduced in the Senate Yesterday, 11/10/2011. Is it true? Any ideas?

ronhira
11-11-2011, 11:36 AM
In The Oh Law Firm (http://www.immigration-law.com/) it says that Senate Version of the House H.R. 3012 Per Country Numberical Limitation Elimination Bill Introduced in the Senate Yesterday, 11/10/2011. Is it true? Any ideas?

y the fc3K is it important what some lawyer says.....

lawyer != lawmaker

there are probably over a million lawyers..... an it doesn't matter what each and every one of them have to say....

y can't we just a question "Senate Version of the House H.R. 3012 Per Country Numberical Limitation Elimination Bill Introduced in the Senate Yesterday, 11/10/2011. Is this ture?"

y the hell r we all so scare of these immigration lawyers & y is it important what immigration lawyers have to say?

lawyers job is to follow the law, their job is not to decide what bills become law....

thomachan72
11-11-2011, 11:48 AM
y the fc3K is it important what some lawyer says.....

lawyer != lawmaker

there are probably over a million lawyers..... an it doesn't matter what each and every one of them have to say....

y can't we just a question "Senate Version of the House H.R. 3012 Per Country Numberical Limitation Elimination Bill Introduced in the Senate Yesterday, 11/10/2011. Is this ture?"

y the hell r we all so scare of these immigration lawyers & y is it important what immigration lawyers have to say?

lawyers job is to follow the law, their job is not to decide what bills become law....
Cool down buddy! why do you take it so personally?? by the way your PD is 2005 EB2, are you greened yet? :D:D

ronhira
11-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Cool down buddy! why do you take it so personally?? by the way your PD is 2005 EB2, are you greened yet? :D:D

i'm not greened yet, bcoz i've been screwed over & over again by immigration lawyers.....

it bothers me anytime i see someone treating immigration lawyers as if they are gods.....

for most part, our lives are screwed by some or the other immigration lawyers....

thomachan72
11-11-2011, 12:57 PM
i'm not greened yet, bcoz i've been screwed over & over again by immigration lawyers.....

it bothers me anytime i see someone treating immigration lawyers as if they are gods.....

for most part, our lives are screwed by some or the other immigration lawyers....

Can understand your frustation :o

smuggymba
11-11-2011, 01:02 PM

ohh k. That's why you jump up and down at every post. Don't be so frustrated. Cool down.

green_mile
11-11-2011, 01:10 PM

It is not only true with immigration lawyers matter of fact it is same with any lawer. talk to some one who has to go to a lawyer, screwing is their job description:D

ronhira
11-11-2011, 01:22 PM
It is not only true with immigration lawyers matter of fact it is same with any lawer. talk to some one who has to go to a lawyer, screwing is their job description:D

wait.... my guess is next post will tell what ron, jack, tom, dick and harry says about sun rising from the east.....

hs2501
11-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Guys please show support of this bill on OpenCongress. Indeed I have already emailed senators and congressman of my district to show support of senate version of 3012.

thomachan72
11-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Guys please show support of this bill on OpenCongress. Indeed I have already emailed senators and congressman of my district to show support of senate version of 3012.

I think we should wait until IV gives us instructions. Usually a link will be provided by IV to generate appropriate letter to the senators. Dont hurry into anything wait for instructions. Not saying that your actions will backfire but it would be better if everybody did it simultaneously and in an organized manner.

velagale
11-12-2011, 09:08 PM
So, has this bill been introduced in Senate ?

thomachan72
11-14-2011, 12:18 PM
So, has this bill been introduced in Senate ?

Yes the bill was read and referred to the senate judiciary committee. I dont think the details of this one is out yet. Hopefully both bills will move forward soon:). Looks like everybody is focussed more on the bulletin and movements now since the Dec bulletin brought good news for lot of EB2 folks. I hope things will change once IV puts out some updates or action items. Let us keep the hope alive....:)

pappu
11-14-2011, 01:03 PM
We are actively working on our bill. Please show your support by contributing so that we can pull this. A lot is going on, many volunteers are working everyday. we will post updates and action items on public board once we have the right timing. Please visit IV regularly to check for action items.

niklshah
11-14-2011, 02:23 PM
thanks pappu for your statemant.. especially after making calls last months people are getting impatient and wants to know whats the next step.

your statemant relieves lots of anxiety.

thanks again

thomachan72
11-14-2011, 02:33 PM
We are actively working on our bill. Please show your support by contributing so that we can pull this. A lot is going on, many volunteers are working everyday. we will post updates and action items on public board once we have the right timing. Please visit IV regularly to check for action items.
Yes we need as much support as we can get from all IV visitors and members NOW. Members and visitors are now spending time focussing on the anticipated bulletin with more movment for EB2. Unfortunately thats not what our community needs to be doing now. We need several posts reminding visitors to this site who are EB GC applicants to contribute.
Is there anyway that the thread with the action item be pinned to the top of the list???? Otherwise members/visitors go into a lethargic mode.

RDS
11-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Paid monthly subscription( donation) on PayPal for next 6 months.

Subscription Name: Donation to Support Immigration Voice
Subscription Number: S-15M86951KU418323J

thomachan72
11-14-2011, 03:50 PM
contribute..

pappu
11-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Yes we need as much support as we can get from all IV visitors and members NOW. Members and visitors are now spending time focussing on the anticipated bulletin with more movment for EB2. Unfortunately thats not what our community needs to be doing now. We need several posts reminding visitors to this site who are EB GC applicants to contribute.
Is there anyway that the thread with the action item be pinned to the top of the list???? Otherwise members/visitors go into a lethargic mode.

You can bump the action item thread we posted last about contributions.

nosightofgc
11-16-2011, 07:15 AM
Full Text is out - Bill Text - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress) (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:S.1857:)

Hemanth
11-16-2011, 07:34 AM
Press Releases - Newsroom - U.S. Senator for Florida, Marco Rubio (http://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2011/11/senators-coons-rubio-introduce-the-agree-act)

Seeks to eliminate per country EB limits.

green_mile
11-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Press Releases - Newsroom - U.S. Senator for Florida, Marco Rubio (http://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2011/11/senators-coons-rubio-introduce-the-agree-act)

Seeks to eliminate per country EB limits.

Is this good or bad:confused:

kabhikabhi
11-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Is this good or bad:confused:

Looks like its a good thing... but I believe he has a broader bill to which he wants to tie it. Anything broader will most likely not see much interest from this do-nothing congress.

nosightofgc
11-16-2011, 04:31 PM
I compared H.R.3012 and S.1857 and they both seem to be exactly the same. Given this, can we predict how congress acts on these two?

Full Text is out - Bill Text - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress) (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:S.1857:)