PDA

View Full Version : AP travel? Can I

11-10-2011, 05:36 PM
PD just became current and wanted to know a few things about AP. I am on h4 not the primary applicant. When we submit docs for I-485 AOS, I am planning to also apply for AP. Now I will need to travel sometime in the next month. So my question is how long after submitting the docs will I get the AP so that I can travel. Or can I not travel at all while my AOS is processing.

Can someone explain how this works, because I read somewhere that if you have to be in the country while its processing.

mach1343
11-10-2011, 05:52 PM
PD just became current and wanted to know a few things about AP. I am on h4 not the primary applicant. When we submit docs for I-485 AOS, I am planning to also apply for AP. Now I will need to travel sometime in the next month. So my question is how long after submitting the docs will I get the AP so that I can travel. Or can I not travel at all while my AOS is processing.

Can someone explain how this works, because I read somewhere that if you have to be in the country while its processing.

Usually it arrives in 3 months from the day you applied.

rohan09
11-10-2011, 07:24 PM

AP allows you to travel out of the country with AOS pending. If you leave the country without AP in hand then your 485 application is considered abandoned and not eligible to travel.
Suggestion is to postpone travel until AP is approved and in your hand which is approx 3 months fom the date of your application.

11-10-2011, 09:11 PM
So since the AP takes 3 months. is there any other way to get it faster, expedited processing etc. There has to be some way to get it in hand faster than 3 months, in case of emergency etc.

njverifier
11-10-2011, 09:52 PM
So since the AP takes 3 months. is there any other way to get it faster, expedited processing etc. There has to be some way to get it in hand faster than 3 months, in case of emergency etc.

If only every wish of ours can be fulfilled... Nope, there is no way you can expedite AP. If your husband is still on H1 and you on H4 and you have a valid visa to return to US then yes you can travel, if not just wait till you get your AP.

11-11-2011, 09:23 AM
I read that one can request for expedited AP, or emergency AP?
Anyone with experience with applying for expedited or emergency AP.