PDA

View Full Version : H4 Visa application for my wife during my h1 B extension

bshiva1984
10-31-2011, 11:52 PM
Hi all,

My visa is going to expire by December and I wish to apply for h4 visa for my wife. Should i wait for the my extension or should i go ahead with the process?

If I wait I dont know how long I have to wait before applying for my wife's visa?

If i go ahead with the process then whats the probability that my wife's visa will be approved and for what duration.

Kindly let me know about it urgently.

Thanks,
shiva

skpanda
11-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Both applications go together. Along with your I129 (for H1B extension), your wife has to file I539 (extension of stay). Both applications will be handled together by USCIS and result (approval/Denial - I hope it is approval) will be communicated together.

Your company attorney should give you the same information.

DO NOT WAIT FOR YOUR APPROVAL. APPLY TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER.

Good Luck!

Hi all,

My visa is going to expire by December and I wish to apply for h4 visa for my wife. Should i wait for the my extension or should i go ahead with the process?

If I wait I dont know how long I have to wait before applying for my wife's visa?

If i go ahead with the process then whats the probability that my wife's visa will be approved and for what duration.

Kindly let me know about it urgently.

Thanks,
shiva

bshiva1984
11-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Thanks for your inputs..
My Concern is my wife is in india i am about to file her fresh H4 visa , I came to US just recently and filed for H1B extension immediatly, its in process in USCIS , My Question is I can apply for H4 visa as well as extesion both @ the same time for her in Inda.

skpanda
11-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Thanks for your inputs..
My Concern is my wife is in india i am about to file her fresh H4 visa , I came to US just recently and filed for H1B extension immediatly, its in process in USCIS , My Question is I can apply for H4 visa as well as extesion both @ the same time for her in Inda.

It all depends on how much time you have on your current H1B. If it is not much then i would recommend that wait for your extension (if possible file for premium - Extra $1250..you will get result in 15 days). Once your extension is approved then she can file for H4.

Good Luck!