PDA

View Full Version : Employment after Green Card

chiraj
04-28-2009, 06:09 PM
I got my green card last year 2008. I am have been on /off with my pay roll’s. I am still with my Green card sponsored company.

I am getting employment opportunity from other companies. I want to change to new employer.

But at the same time I don’t want to jeopardize my N-400(Citizenship). I know that I have to be with the GC Sponsored Company for 6 months – 1year minimum. My question is

How does USCIS consider 6mon - 1yr ? Is it Pay roll wise (or) the length of contract with the employer…?

Can any body thow some light on it….

yestogc
04-28-2009, 11:43 PM
If you got your GC (from labor to 485) from your current employer (whom you want to leave) then you are fine no issues, leave him anytime.

Why people suggest 6 months to 1 year is so that there is no intent of fraud, you basically have to work for sponsoring company at some stage of your GC , if not then atleast after that.

Citizenship has nothing to do with Payroll.

chiraj
05-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Do we have to Submit our W2's

kittu1991
05-01-2009, 04:22 PM
If you got your GC (from labor to 485) from your current employer (whom you want to leave) then you are fine no issues, leave him anytime.

Why people suggest 6 months to 1 year is so that there is no intent of fraud, you basically have to work for sponsoring company at some stage of your GC , if not then atleast after that.

Citizenship has nothing to do with Payroll.

Are saying that if I have worked for the GC sponsoring company for the last 10 years, I can leave them the next day I get my GC, without any trouble at citizenship stage. And there is fraud. :confused:

chiraj
05-01-2009, 09:52 PM
After getting Green card you need to work with the GC Sponsored Company for 6 months – 1year minimum so that you wont have problem at tihe time of Citizenship

I am have been on /off with my pay roll’s. I am still with my Green card sponsored company.
It’s almost 9 months since i got my GC. At the time of citizenship
How does USCIS verify the length of stay with the petition employer? Are they going to see the pay stubs or Length of the stay or a letter from employer….

snathan
05-02-2009, 12:57 AM
After getting Green card you need to work with the GC Sponsored Company for 6 months – 1year minimum so that you wont have problem at tihe time of Citizenship

I am have been on /off with my pay roll’s. I am still with my Green card sponsored company.
It’s almost 9 months since i got my GC. At the time of citizenship
How does USCIS verify the length of stay with the petition employer? Are they going to see the pay stubs or Length of the stay or a letter from employer….

come on man. dont think too much. If you are with him already for nine months after GC...whats your issue now.