PDA

View Full Version : I485 RFE Out of nowhere?

masterfender
04-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi guys,

Some of may think "Wait for the actual letter to come" but I feel too nervous and just want to share my thoughts. I applied for EB5 and my I526 was approved. Then I applied adjustment of status and got an I485 RFE. Have not got the letter yet but got the email that my case is on hold right now. Can you tell me about the RFE? Is that common? Is that the first step of denial? I'm so nervous right now. I will write what they are asking when I got the letter which I'm expecting on Tuesday or Wednesday. Thank you very much.

chanduv23
04-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Hi guys,

Some of may think "Wait for the actual letter to come" but I feel too nervous and just want to share my thoughts. I applied for EB5 and my I526 was approved. Then I applied adjustment of status and got an I485 RFE. Have not got the letter yet but got the email that my case is on hold right now. Can you tell me about the RFE? Is that common? Is that the first step of denial? I'm so nervous right now. I will write what they are asking when I got the letter which I'm expecting on Tuesday or Wednesday. Thank you very much.

These days people are figiting wrong ful denials through MTRs. RFEs are common and one does not have to worry about RFE. Just wait for your letter and respond accordingly. There is no "first step" for denial - if your case is approvable it gets approved - if not it gets denied - period.

qasleuth
04-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Here is some info on RFEs in general

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/Request_For_Evidence

masterfender
04-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Received the RFE today. It was asking for my birth certificate copy & translation. My lawyer says this is very common. For me this is stupid, they already got my birth certificate copy and the translation.

sagar_nyc
04-28-2009, 06:39 PM
I am getting this error for last two days
"Multiple duplicate SRs already exist for the customer" i tried creating different account also . any thoughts???

Received the RFE today. It was asking for my birth certificate copy & translation. My lawyer says this is very common. For me this is stupid, they already got my birth certificate copy and the translation.