PDA

View Full Version : Father's I-90 Denied-Fingerprinting Error?

annisat
04-24-2009, 10:33 PM
My father in law's green card renewal got denied we think due to a fingerprinting error. What should our next steps be? How serious is this issue?

Here is a timeline of events:
June '08 Husband's parents arrived from India to visit. Both had green cards.
June '08 Began to fill out paperwork for their green card renewals.
July '08 Both had their fingerprints taken.
August '08 They leave to return to India for family reasons.
Sept '08 Receive notice that father in law's fingerprints weren't clear enough.
Sept '08 My husband saw an IO to try to reschedule the fingerprinting when he returns.
April '09 Received I-90 denial.
August '09 The sticker on his green card will expire.

My mother in law's renewal went through without a problem.

Do we need to buy tickets to the U.S. for them ASAP and hire a lawyer? Do we need to visit a senator? Just re-do the renewal and hope for the best?

Has anyone had fingerprinting errors before? Is this common?

Father in law is 71 so we don't want to cause him undue stress.

Thanks in advance!

number30
04-25-2009, 12:30 AM
My father in law's green card renewal got denied we think due to a fingerprinting error. What should our next steps be? How serious is this issue?

Here is a timeline of events:
June '08 Husband's parents arrived from India to visit. Both had green cards.
June '08 Began to fill out paperwork for their green card renewals.
July '08 Both had their fingerprints taken.
August '08 They leave to return to India for family reasons.
Sept '08 Receive notice that father in law's fingerprints weren't clear enough.
Sept '08 My husband saw an IO to try to reschedule the fingerprinting when he returns.
April '09 Received I-90 denial.
August '09 The sticker on his green card will expire.

My mother in law's renewal went through without a problem.

Do we need to buy tickets to the U.S. for them ASAP and hire a lawyer? Do we need to visit a senator? Just re-do the renewal and hope for the best?

Has anyone had fingerprinting errors before? Is this common?

Father in law is 71 so we don't want to cause him undue stress.

Thanks in advance!
I-90 can be reapplied once they are here. Are they staying in India for more then 1 year? That might be an issue while coming back.

InTheMoment
04-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Assuming that the denial is only because the fingerprints were unreadable, there is nothing to get concerned about nor a need to hire a lawyer !

Read Question 4 http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/MarCBOQA.pdf

Call or take Infopass and ask what happened to the rescheduling. As per their policy they take fingerprints 2 times (the second time can be on a card) and if both fail you need a police clearance.

As you might be aware your father-in-law has to re-enter before Aug '09 (unless he already has a re-entry permit from USCIS for stays outside US longer than 1 year) so he can do all the re-fingerprinting stuff after he enters the US.

What did the I-90 denial notice say on the reason for rejection ? You have to call/visit USCIS and find the clear reason for rejection first.