PDA

View Full Version : Please STOP making phone phone calls to House Judiciary committee members

Administrator2
10-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks to everyone who made phone calls to House Judiciary committee Members of Congress.

Because of your sincere and diligent effort on the action item to call your lawmakers, the call volume was close to jamming the congressional switch board. As the result we have been relayed the message that our voices have been heard loud and clear and we have been asked to stop phone calls. None of us intend to be disruptive in Congressional business so we ask everyone to please not make any more phone calls, for now.

We cannot thank enough every member who made these phone calls. But now, having made our point, for now, we ask that everyone please stop making phone calls to Congressional offices. We have made out point and offices have acknowledged their support.

Please help us with the listed action items for this week:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/2524933-hr-3012-action-items-for-the-week-of-oct-24-a-2.html

Thank you!

Administrator2
10-24-2011, 12:32 PM

howzatt
10-24-2011, 12:38 PM
It might be a good idea to send out an email to all members? I don't think I received an email to stop making calls. Judging by your post, it seems like making anymore phone calls could potentially have a negative impact.

starscream
10-24-2011, 01:30 PM

sac-r-ten
10-24-2011, 01:55 PM
How can we stop/relay the stop-phone-call message to the friends of friends of friends/spouses who might have received the call-message just last week or on weekend.

Suva
10-24-2011, 01:59 PM
One of my friends already called 12 congress members in the morning today before I saw this thread. So I sent an email to all of my friends to stop phone calls for the time being.

How can we stop/relay the stop-phone-call message to the friends of friends of friends/spouses who might have received the call-message just last week or on weekend.

sac-r-ten
10-24-2011, 02:05 PM
One of my friends already called 12 congress members in the morning today before I saw this thread. So I sent an email to all of my friends to stop phone calls for the time being.

yes that's 1 of the directions, hopefully the ripples of call and jam the lines dies down soon to avert any -ve impact.

cheers.

starscream
10-24-2011, 02:19 PM

sage2006
10-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Thats fine. Nothing to be worried about. Its only natural that it will take some time for the grass-roots message to spread that the phone call action item was a huge success and that we have moved on to other action items. so a small number of people might continue to call till they hear about it (we should spread the message) till the calls die down..which is totally fine.

yes that's 1 of the directions, hopefully the ripples of call and jam the lines dies down soon to avert any -ve impact.

cheers.

starscream
10-25-2011, 07:41 AM

thomachan72
10-26-2011, 04:44 AM
------