PDA

View Full Version : Flower Campaign for Sen Dick Durbin & Chuck Grassley

WaitingUnlimited
04-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Since the american first bill is going to move forward, I propose flower campaign for Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) and Sen. Chuck Grassley. They have been killing our interests in recent past.

Remember- they were behind in imposing the restrictions on TARP funded companies on H1B hiring.

I will be the first to send the flowers if we decide to go ahead.

Any comments?

kartikiran
04-20-2009, 08:51 PM
would appreciate if everybody can leave comments for the politico article(http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0409/21424.html).

We need to voice our opinions, before anti-immigrants fill up the comments columns.

Flower campaign, I am willing to do whatever the core wants me to do.

hiralal
04-21-2009, 12:09 AM
core is quiet and it seems that it is too late for flower campaign ...as one of the article says ..what will happen if other countries start to retaliate and remove foreign workers and companies (not that it will happen ..). I guess the only hope is that someone in the administration realizes that one way to help the economy is to give faster GC's // as home buyers are desperately needed !!!

newuser
04-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Left my comments on politico

Devils_Advocate
04-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Flower campaign for Durbin & Grassley doesn't make any sense as their agenda is purely anti-immigration/guest worker, their views are not neutral like USCIS etc. It might just come across as stupid

anandrajesh
04-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Any comments?

Waste of Time... Waste of Money... I dont think they will listen to us, no matter how hard we try.
They are self proclaimed protecionists and all our pleas will go on deaf ears.

Sorry for my discouraging words.

digmetalq
04-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Can someone sent flowers or emails of our difficulties.to professor Prasanna Tambe,a bright professor from NYU who thinks H1-b visa depresses US middle-class wages. he may be true. Can we convince him to do research on EB category, I think our forum will have enough material for Assisant Professor Prasanna Tambe to get promoted and called as Professor Tambe.

suriajay12
04-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Send them to the President.. With request to consider and list out clearly what we are facing.. If not flowers, do letters etc.. as the other thread is doing.. keep doing.

senthil1
04-21-2009, 11:37 AM
In many areas H1b depresses the wages as supply exceeds demand so much at the same time some areas still there is shortage of skills. Nowadays H1b is highly visible political issue as many Americans fear that this is mainly used for outsourcing as large number were used by Indian outsourcing companies. There is no point in opposing any bill without seeing the bill. If the bill is too harsh it will not be passed. If it is mild like restriction in TARP it may be passed

Can someone sent flowers or emails of our difficulties.to professor Prasanna Tambe,a bright professor from NYU who thinks H1-b visa depresses US middle-class wages. he may be true. Can we convince him to do research on EB category, I think our forum will have enough material for Assisant Professor Prasanna Tambe to get promoted and called as Professor Tambe.

like_watching_paint_dry
04-21-2009, 12:16 PM
In many areas H1b depresses the wages as supply exceeds demand so much at the same time some areas still there is shortage of skills. Nowadays H1b is highly visible political issue as many Americans fear that this is mainly used for outsourcing as large number were used by Indian outsourcing companies. There is no point in opposing any bill without seeing the bill. If the bill is too harsh it will not be passed. If it is mild like restriction in TARP it may be passed

I agree with senthil. H1B especially through desi consultancies can be a tool to depress wages. These consultancies have no ethics and most use "bench" concept where they dont pay employee during that time. This allows them to charge clients only for the period worked and can do lower rates either to compete or in bad times like this. Net effect is average pay goes down.

I don't understand why many people here seem to think fighting for H1 is helpful for the actual cause of addressing employment green card backlog issue. It only helps employers and desi consultancies. If that's not bad enough, it adds to the misery of employment green card people by increasing the average queue length over time as you have more H1 flowing in and joining the queue than EB green cards being issued - queuing theory 101.

Is it not obvious most of you were complaining about being stuck in careers, not being able to take promotions, not being able to switch jobs etc before you filed 485 in July 07 and got lucky enough to have AC21 option? Being stuck allows your employer to not bother with paying you you increased value as you gain experience and depresses wages. So stop rooting for H1 & L1 and focus on GC backlog.

vivid_bharti
04-21-2009, 12:35 PM
No point sending it to someone whose political game is around H1BSince the american first bill is going to move forward, I propose flower campaign for Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) and Sen. Chuck Grassley. They have been killing our interests in recent past.

Remember- they were behind in imposing the restrictions on TARP funded companies on H1B hiring.

Any comments?

sledge_hammer
04-21-2009, 12:47 PM
This guy Prasanna Tambe is no different than Ron "Diamond" Hira. You would think that a young guy like him would have no prejudices and more likely be able to have an unbiased opinion, but clearly it is not the case.

http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~ptambe/Site/Prasanna_Tambe.html

senthil1
04-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Whoever finding problems in H1b are considered as biased and anti immigrant and some times racists. That will not help. Instead it is better to contest them by facts. Many Indian companies including TCS, Infosys(they are holding highest h1b) are paying less than average Market pay though that is allowed by law because of H1b prevailing wage. This itself is one of example of depressing of wages. This is known fact by every Indians and we used to talk with ourselves many times in coffee rooms. At the same time if some one shows in his research report then that is biased? Prasanna submited in his research papers. If you are having any discrepancy in that research paper you can do a research and contest or quote some other research papers and contest. That will help a lot.

This guy Prasanna Tambe is no different than Ron "Diamond" Hira. You would think that a young guy like him would have no prejudices and more likely be able to have an unbiased opinion, but clearly it is not the case.

http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~ptambe/Site/Prasanna_Tambe.html

like_watching_paint_dry
04-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Some coward left this comment for me: "typical desi-crab mentality, since we're in screw others, nice going bud"

If I were really out to screw you, then I would ask for reduction in employment green-card quota and support increasing H1 & L1. Why? Because I have a green card, I can start a desi consultancy and exploit your sorry 'soon-to-be-laid-off' ass which will come work for me for pennies on the dollar and go back and join the end of an even longer GC queue if your I-140 is not approved because now the queue has grown more due to decreased EB visa numbers on increased H1 & L1 availability.

I think I'm wasting my time explaining shit to you, I don't think it is even possible to beat some sense into you. No wonder you are waiting in line for ever. Keep on waiting..

gauravster
04-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Senthil, the reason most people here try to defend H1 is for two strong reasons.

1. Since we have been there we know it best. Also, being more educated on average than an average american for sure, we might be in a better position to give educated/experienced suggestions.
2. Though there are problems in the current way, that is the best way we have right now to get the talent in the country. So if we close that door and do not open others for talent to migrate, in the long run we are screwed as we migrated to a country which is a sore looser.
3. A third which is an iffy, is that this might just be a start of a major immigration crackdown and law changes which might result in the even people in queue to be asked to be applied a higher standard.

H1 and the immigration system in general is in dire need of reform and we are in the best position to give appropriate suggestions. We all know getting more restrictions on H1 without some other visa category for talent migration would be a significant loss to the US and our future generations in this country.

polapragada
04-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Flower campaign for Durbin & Grassley doesn't make any sense as their agenda is purely anti-immigration/guest worker, their views are not neutral like USCIS etc. It might just come across as stupid

You just spoke my mind...

Grassley is a sadist and racist... as simple as that
these sort of people will feel happy when fell pain or show your pain..
send a slogan " you sucks":D

gc_on_demand
04-26-2009, 10:51 PM
In one scene GURU and other broker got ban on their trading market ( KELA SILK Business ) . Next day he went to that officer's home and unload all his KELA SILK and said he is going his village.

I wish the day america force me to leave from here.. I can unload all my stuff and TWO US Born kids to Durbin's home and say keep them.. Imagine all of does same what will be truck trafic on the street where he live . Ha ha ha ha ... His neighbours will support us then...