PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to India with Conditional GC,while on short visit to Australia

loveNpeace
07-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Hello All,
I am here in Australia on a short visit with a recently approved United States Conditional GC.Before my interview for GC in July09,I had already received my visit visa ,Single entry to Australia with restrictions on entry and exit dates..(I couldnot enter Australia after Aug1st and I have to return to US before Oct23'09)/..
Now ,my concern is if I can travel to India and back to Australia .Does the single entry restrcition still apply for me ..even with a GC?....(at the Sydney airport,the IO stamped on my visit visa' Not valid for Further travel'..does that mean I cannot travel outside Australia and return?..I need to visit India..in Sept.but I am worried how ?

please advsie..
thank you
Tina

langagadu
07-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Totally confusing story. I am like Ram Gopal Varma (movie director), I don't know the end.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/348927-post14.html

Your situation may be real situation but the way you are describing is so confusing in the 2 threads.

Hello All,
I am here in Australia on a short visit with a recently approved United States Conditional GC.Before my interview for GC in July09,I had already received my visit visa ,Single entry to Australia with restrictions on entry and exit dates..(I couldnot enter Australia after Aug1st and I have to return to US before Oct23'09)/..
Now ,my concern is if I can travel to India and back to Australia .Does the single entry restrcition still apply for me ..even with a GC?....(at the Sydney airport,the IO stamped on my visit visa' Not valid for Further travel'..does that mean I cannot travel outside Australia and return?..I need to visit India..in Sept.but I am worried how ?

please advsie..
thank you
Tina

raysaikat
07-31-2009, 11:08 PM
Hello All,

please advsie..
thank you
Tina

Permanent residency in United States has no jurisdiction over Australia. That should have been obvious.

In any case, once the I/O at the Sydney airport stamped the australian VISA, it has in effect been canceled, in the sense that you cannot use that VISA to reenter Australia. If you want to go to India (for that matter, anywhere outside Australia), and then you need to get Australian VISA again in order to reenter Australia.

So, go to India, book VISA appointment at Australian Consulate near your place in India, get another Australian VISA, and then return to Australia.

loveNpeace
08-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Hello,
okay thanks for your replies..let me reiterate my situation.
I have an Indian passport and I recently got my conditional GC (based on marriage to a USC).I am currently on a holiday in Australia .I got my single entry,3month visit visa to Australia,which was stamped across"Not valid for further travel" at the Sydney airport.

Now my concern..I need to visit India in Sep and I was wondering if I could leave for India and return to Australia without having to apply for a visit visa again,now that I have my GC.
Do I need to apply for visitor visa again to enter Australia ,eventhough I have a US GC (which enables anyone travel any country without a visa) and Indian passport.
Please help answer my question....

Thank you
Tina

sunny1000
08-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Hello,
okay thanks for your replies..let me reiterate my situation.
I have an Indian passport and I recently got my conditional GC (based on marriage to a USC).I am currently on a holiday in Australia .I got my single entry,3month visit visa to Australia,which was stamped across"Not valid for further travel" at the Sydney airport.

Now my concern..I need to visit India in Sep and I was wondering if I could leave for India and return to Australia without having to apply for a visit visa again,now that I have my GC.
Do I need to apply for visitor visa again to enter Australia ,eventhough I have a US GC (which enables anyone travel any country without a visa) and Indian passport.
Please help answer my question....
Thank you
Tina

The statement highlighted in Red is not true.

For example, UK does not allow GC holders without a visa whereas Switzerland has no such requirements when it comes to GC holders. So, check with the Australian Embassy/Consulate for their rules regarding GC holders.

InTheMoment
08-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Tina,

...and where did you hear this untrue fact that with an Indian PP and US GC you can travel without a visa to "any country"!!

You have an Indian PP that is the main decisive factor whether you are eligible for visa free/visa on arrival travel for 99% of the countries. (Canada, Mexico and some carribean islands being the ONLY exception. Switzerland had visa free travel till late last year when they changed to Schengen so now you need a visa there too!).

For almost all countries your country of citizenship matters, your GC status has NO bearing.

Got it ?