PDA

View Full Version : Organizations willing to donate?

dontcareaboutGC
04-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Along with Individual donations what are people's thoughts on advocating for and asking assistance from companies where each of us work to- donate to our cause. I keep reading many articles where many companies have been advocating and lobbying for relief to EB based folks. e.g Microsoft, Google to name a few. I mean would it be too hard or terrible if all us can try and pursuade our current employers to donate atleast 50-100$ for this. I dont know if it can be a recurring donation but even 1 time will make a huge impact on money collected.

This will include time educating them about IV and what it stands for. We can come up with a template that will highlight the needed points and get the message across with minimal wastage of time.

Now I am not saying that we need 100 per employee- All I am saying is that 100 or more per organization. The reason I ask and think this might work is possibly due to the fact that most of the organizations we work for are or can be sympathetic towards the EB. I dont know about giant conglomerates and what action might be viable for them.

The second reason is that Anti's not only have the financial backing but they also have Xenophobic Senators in their pockets. So when the time comes we shouldnt fall short of the most needed asset in this- finance, to make any effort for us sucessful. It does not matter what country the individual or the organization is based out of...all that matters is they support our by financing this a little bit.

I can start with my own organization and see if this will have any traction.

snathan
04-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Along with Individual donations what are people's thoughts on advocating for and asking assistance from companies where each of us work to- donate to our cause. I keep reading many articles where many companies have been advocating and lobbying for relief to EB based folks? I mean would it be too hard or terrible if all us can try and pursuade our current employers to donate atleast 50-100$ for this. I dont know if it can be a recurring donation but even 1 time will make a huge impact on money collected.

This will include time educating them about IV and what it stands for. We can come up with a template that will highlight the needed points and get the message across with minimal wastage of time.

Now I am not saying that we need 100 per employee- All I am saying is that 100 or more per organization. The reason I ask and think this might work is possibly due to the fact that most of the organizations we work for are or can be sympathetic towards the EB. I dont know about giant conglomerates and what action might be viable for them.

The second reason is that Anti's not only have the financial backing but they also have Xenophobic Senators in their pockets. So when the time comes we shouldnt fall short of the most needed asset in this- finance, to make any effort for us sucessful. It does not matter what country the individual or the organization is based out of...all that matters is they support our by financing this a little bit.

I can start with my own organization and see if this will have any traction.

Please come to Donor forum and present your ideas...

dontcareaboutGC
04-13-2009, 01:33 PM
I did donate but I am unable to get access to the Donor forum. I dropped a note to the admin's but I have to hear back from them yet.

pappu
04-13-2009, 01:39 PM
I did donate but I am unable to get access to the Donor forum. I dropped a note to the admin's but I have to hear back from them yet.

Could you resend the message with your name, email id used to donate, IV ID , date and subscription number. Pls send it as an email to info at immigrationvoice.org

We have changed donor status to everyone who contributed till Saturday.