PDA

View Full Version : Afffidavit of support I134 Questions

meetpravee
04-13-2009, 11:53 AM
I am filling up form I-134 Affidavit of support for parents. As you can see in my profile, I am waiting to be greened. So in Question 1, what is the option I should choose -

d) Lawfully admitted permanent Reident
e) Lawfully admitted non-immigrant

I used AP to enter US the last time.

In question 2 - I have resided in United States since - I was outside US for 8 months before my GC started. So should I start counting me a resident after that or should I mention the date I entered USA.

My parents nolonger reside in the address in Passport. Should they go for address change before going for their stamping? Will the consulate mail the passport only to the address in passport?

rvurady14
04-13-2009, 03:22 PM
I am filling up form I-134 Affidavit of support for parents. As you can see in my profile, I am waiting to be greened. So in Question 1, what is the option I should choose -

d) Lawfully admitted permanent Reident
e) Lawfully admitted non-immigrant

I used AP to enter US the last time.

In question 2 - I have resided in United States since - I was outside US for 8 months before my GC started. So should I start counting me a resident after that or should I mention the date I entered USA.

My parents nolonger reside in the address in Passport. Should they go for address change before going for their stamping? Will the consulate mail the passport only to the address in passport?
Hi,

Use Lawfully Admitted Non-Immigrant

For Question2 use your First Date of Arrival in US.

For Question3 They can mail the passport to alternate Address. When you are Booking the Slot for the Interview select the Alternate Address option.

meetpravee
04-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Thank you so much for your reply..

I am just thinking loud here.. I dont have I 94 - how can I fil in the I 94 number in non-immigrant option. Further, if I have applied for I 485, it shows that my intention is to immigrate.

What if I fill A number and say I 485 in process. Please let me know your thoughts on this..

meetpravee
04-13-2009, 03:44 PM
If a lawfully admitted permanent resident of united states, give A number
If a lawfuly admitted non immigrant give form I-94 Arrival-Departure document number

rvurady14
04-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Even If you use AP to enter you should have I-94 with AOS as your current Status on that.