PDA

View Full Version : Change to CP

pointlesswait
04-08-2009, 02:25 AM
My second 140 may be approved by this month end.. Neb-Nov. 08-filing... i am hoping i will be able to port my PD..to 12-05

Now..in case i lose my job... and since i am in my 9th yr-h1..which expires may-2010..

suppose ..i cant find a job ...and if i have to leave US.....(but my employer agrees not to cancel my 140)
a.) what should i do to retain my GC process?
b.) How do i switch to CP processing....

Thanks in advance..

gc_on_demand
04-08-2009, 10:40 AM
My second 140 may be approved by this month end.. Neb-Nov. 08-filing... i am hoping i will be able to port my PD..to 12-05

Now..in case i lose my job... and since i am in my 9th yr-h1..which expires may-2010..

suppose ..i cant find a job ...and if i have to leave US.....(but my employer agrees not to cancel my 140)
a.) what should i do to retain my GC process?
b.) How do i switch to CP processing....

Thanks in advance..

You need to file I 824 form and let USCSIS know that you want to transfer your case to consulate. If you are from Mumbai consulate area then u can do AC I 140. becasue I 824 can take 1-2 years to transfer your details.

While in AC I 140 you just need receipt of I 824 and attorney certified package. More details you can get on internet. If you PD is near to current then u can initiate this process and thus with in 3-4 months if PD become current you can get visa interview. Generally they dont ask for hard ship reason for AC I 140 but in your case you can explain about your wait time and impact on your career etc..

To do AC I 140 or normal CP process u need offer letter from employer.