PDA

View Full Version : URGENT- I485 RFE after Address Change

omahaguy
04-05-2009, 06:56 PM
My I485 is pending, recently I have changed my address online. I also recieved confirmation letters for this address change.

After 2 weeks of address change, USCIS issued an RFE. I have not yet received it, but I just want to prepare for this.

What could be the reason for this RFE? Is it common?

raysaikat
04-05-2009, 07:06 PM
If it is your home address you are talking about, then the RFE is very likely unrelated to the address change.

piyu7444
04-05-2009, 07:15 PM
My I485 is pending, recently I have changed my address online. I also recieved confirmation letters for this address change.

After 2 weeks of address change, USCIS issued an RFE. I have not yet received it, but I just want to prepare for this.

People here have related change of address to RFE but I personally do not blv. it happens as I changed address 3 times and nuthing adverse happened.

Wait for the RFE. It could be something minor. Since you are eb1 they might need something related to your job/experience. Each RFE is different and no one can predict what it could be. I have seen that 80-90% RFE can be replied easily so dont worry. Post again when you have information on what USCIS is asking for and I am sure that somone out here will be able to help you out.

Good Luck.

eb3retro
04-05-2009, 07:27 PM

seriously dude..whats urgent about this? why do people create new threads with words like urgent, please help, etc etc, when the matter is not even urgent. This is a public forum, if its really urgent case, i have seen lots of people including myself, pitching in and giving their advices. And also, if it is really an urgent issue that you can't wait for responses, you need to be talking to the lawyer.

now coming to your case, i have no reason to believe that your case / question is urgent. You changed address and you got an RFE. you can respond to RFE as long as you are in the same/ simlar job description or whatever the RFE is for. You do not even have the actual RFE with u yet. Tell me whats the urgency about this. Infact if you just follow my posts, i have also posted to a thread that deals with responses to RFE's. I am wondering whats the need to open a new thread with URGENT as the thread name.

I hate to tell this, due to posts and threads like this, people who really require help with some urgent issues, their posts gets ignored. Please understand that this is a public forum and understand that I am just using your thread to send this message to everyone who does this. Nothing personal against you. Hoping you will understand..

Thanks.

omahaguy
04-05-2009, 11:07 PM
I agree with you. I was bit tense to see RFE email since it is my first RFE. I will try to avoid giving urgent words.

Thanks anyway for your reply.

eb3retro
04-06-2009, 12:21 AM
I agree with you. I was bit tense to see RFE email since it is my first RFE. I will try to avoid giving urgent words.

thanks for your understanding and taking it in the right spirit. I myself had an RFE and responded. Please share your RFE when it reaches your hand and let us know the details and I am sure you will get excellent inputs from all the great souls in IV.

dilbert_cal
04-06-2009, 12:36 AM

I gave you a thumbs up for accepting that it was unnecessary starting this thread. What you did is something that is completely missing on this forum - a little bit of humility would be so nice out here.

kriskris
04-06-2009, 12:55 AM

Did you move to a different state?

roseball
04-06-2009, 01:43 AM

I have seen changing address triggered RFEs in some cases where an applicant moved out of state or even to a new city within the same state. In such cases, RFE was asking for proof of employment in the same or similar role.

rockstart
04-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Change of states is trigeering RFE. If you have moved considerable distance from your previous location the RFE will ask for an updated EVL explaining that you still have the job. Which can be easily addressed by your employer & lawyer. So dont worry and wait for 5 working days to receive the RFE.

omahaguy
04-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Thank you all four replies. You guys are relly helpful. I did not change state, I just moved from one street to another street with in the same city.

But only thing is I am working for different employer and I have NOT yet applied AC21. If this RFE is about "employment verification", I am thinking of sending from new employer since my I 485 filed more than 6 months. I hope this is ok. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Harivinder
04-06-2009, 12:33 PM
omahaguy I too have an RFE on April 3rd, Did not get the mail yet.

rockstart
04-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Perhaps your old employer might have withdrawn/ revoked your I 140 and that might have triggered the RFE. Still all they will ask is new EVl with job responsiblities so easy to answer

Thank you all four replies. You guys are relly helpful. I did not change state, I just moved from one street to another street with in the same city.

But only thing is I am working for different employer and I have NOT yet applied AC21. If this RFE is about "employment verification", I am thinking of sending from new employer since my I 485 filed more than 6 months. I hope this is ok. Please correct me if I am wrong.

prem_goel
04-06-2009, 03:54 PM
I have a question on this:
I understand that USCIS can raise an RFE anytime even if PD is not current. However, lets say if they raise an RFE for EVL today, and the person is working in same/similar position and replies to the RFE.

Would that mean that USCIS will not raise an RFE again on EVL? What happens if the person changes the job an year after that?

gc_boy
04-06-2009, 05:25 PM
same story for me, i just moved to different unit in the same apartment. everything remains the same. Same city, same zip code, same employer.. Somehow i believe address change triggered the RFE. Probably the change in the file pushed my file in FIFO and someone looked into it and gave a RFE. Will have to wait till i get the actual letter.

yestogc
04-06-2009, 07:12 PM
I totally agree, you should first have an RFE in hand and the decide if it is urgent or a simple one which one can handle.......... if URGENT then do search threads to see what solutions are stated, if none match your criteria then you are welcome to post on a new thread.

Without RFE in hand, you will only get unrelated answers, instead of giving you solace it will worry you more. Like people might suggest, your old employer may have revoked your petition or you might have done something wrong in filing for AC21 (IF you have done that)............... so let it just come and then decide.

Since this was your first RFE , do not worry. I believe all of us pass through this stage of RFE , now it may be at any stage. I too got mine on 140, but gotaway with it.

Relax you will be fine.

yestogc
04-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Prem : It is their will, they can issue it again, if they feel that considerable time has passed and they want to check if you are still employed on terms mentioned in your Labor.

No one can question USCIS, they can even deny an approved application. It is not a give and take exercise with them............. it's a one way street.:)

nromkar
04-06-2009, 10:44 PM
I too got RFE. I agree "Address Change" triggers for some reason.

I did Address change and got confirmation. After two weeks I got RFE on my I-693 and asking to fill new I-693.

omahaguy
04-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I got RFE through attorney. It is asking following details

1. Emloyment verification letter with present and intended permanent employer

2. Last two months pay slips

3. "Although your I 140 petitioner indicated in your initial I485 filing that you were employed by company A at that time, your Form G325 indicated that you were employed by company B and you were authorized by B at that time, please explain discrepancy"

I am bit worried about question 3. I worked for company A and labor, I140 applied when I was with A.

But during I485 filing I was with company B and in G325 I mentioned that.

It looks like company A by mistake mentioned that I was still with them.

I called my attorney he said its upto me decide which company I should work for.

But I am not sure company A provides an employment letter for me because I am working for comapny B now.

If B provides employment letter since it is >180 days since I 485 applied, will there be any issues?

Please give your opinions...

roseball
04-09-2009, 05:57 PM

3. "Although your I 140 petitioner indicated in your initial I485 filing that you were employed by company A at that time, your Form G325 indicated that you were employed by company B and you were authorized by B at that time, please explain discrepancy"

I am bit worried about question 3. I worked for company A and labor, I140 applied when I was with A.

I called my attorney he said its upto me decide which company I should work for.

But I am not sure company A provides an employment letter for me because I am working for comapny B now.

If B provides employment letter since it is >180 days since I 485 applied, will there be any issues?

From what I understand, you changed employers before filing I-485 and used the same Labor/I-140 from the old employer to file I-485 while working for the new employer? Wow!!! And your new attorney filed your I-485? Your attorney should have known better....

From what I know, it doesn't work that way, the 180 day rule applies to change of employment after filing I-485, not before you file it. You should have started a new LC/I-140 with company B and filed I-485 using the PD of the old approved I-140 from company A...But your case is not lost as long as you can provide an offer of employment from company A saying that they will hire you once the GC is approved...

Obviously, this is my opinion and others can comment on this as well....

axp817
04-09-2009, 06:14 PM
In addition to what Roseball has already asked, I have one other question.

Is the 140 approved?

omahaguy
04-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Thank you axp817 and roseball.

My I 140 got approved just after moving to company B

My old attoney only filed I485 with old labor and I 140.

roseball
04-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Thank you axp817 and roseball.

My I 140 got approved just after moving to company B

My old attoney only filed I485 with old labor and I 140.

To summarize your case, you got your LC approved from company A and filed I-140. Then left company A and joined company B. You got your I-140 approved after joining company B so your attorney from company B applied I-485 based on the I-140 approval from company A. Did I get this right?

If so, I hope you are not currently working on EAD. Only way you can save your I-485 petition is if you can get an offer letter from company A stating that you will be re-hired upon GC approval. I hope this is possible and I wish you good luck.

number30
04-09-2009, 06:33 PM

Did you put employment letter or offer letter from employer A while filing the I485?

omahaguy
04-09-2009, 06:34 PM
You are right axp817, but small correction.
Company A (old company) attorney filed I 485 based on the I-140 approval from
company A.

roseball
04-09-2009, 06:42 PM
company A.

Oh well....The only thing which can save your I-485 now is an offer letter from company A for future employment upon your GC approval. I hope you can get it. Your attorney should have let you know about this when he was filing your I-485. And as far as he giving you a choice to pick an employer, afaik, I don't think you have a choice since your I-485 was filed after your changed employers. You need a letter from company A, period. (This is my opinion)

number30
04-09-2009, 06:54 PM
company A.

If there was offer letter from company A you can safely say that job was for future. If you did not include a letter from company A then all goes by the argument of future employment. But Finally it should be OK.

eb3retro
04-09-2009, 06:59 PM
same story for me, i just moved to different unit in the same apartment. everything remains the same. Same city, same zip code, same employer.. Somehow i believe address change triggered the RFE. Probably the change in the file pushed my file in FIFO and someone looked into it and gave a RFE. Will have to wait till i get the actual letter.

u r kidding right...u got EVL RFE for an apartment change in the same apt complex? or is it just asking you to update the address verification form. Cos, I just now responded to EVL RFE and am planning to change apt inside the same unit. I cannot afford another lump payment to the freakin lawyer one more time..this is just ridiculous..

Harivinder
04-09-2009, 09:40 PM
My RFE's are
1. Emloyment verification letter
2. Proof of authenticity of Marriage.

h1techSlave
04-09-2009, 10:28 PM
How much does a typical lawyer charges for responding to the Employment verification RFE?

edaltsis
04-09-2009, 11:35 PM
How much does a typical lawyer charges for responding to the Employment verification RFE?
I got an RFE on my I-485 (NOID). Its because the employer who sponsored my GC revoked my I-140 after I joined another company. I approached a lawyer, they charged $1000 to reply the RFE. Thought its a bit expensive but I had no other go than to go with him because I had to get it done at ASAP.