PDA

View Full Version : Parents visit - Invite or Apply as tourists

meetpravee
03-31-2009, 05:04 PM
My parents are planning to go for a visa interview. What is difference between me inviting them to visit me versus they applying as tourists. I understand that if they apply as tourists they need to provide documents showing that they can support themselves.

Will coming as a tourist diminish the possibility of getting 10 year multiple entry visa. Any thoughts on this issue is much appreciated.

wandmaker
03-31-2009, 06:07 PM
My parents are planning to go for a visa interview. What is difference between me inviting them to visit me versus they applying as tourists. I understand that if they apply as tourists they need to provide documents showing that they can support themselves.

Will coming as a tourist diminish the possibility of getting 10 year multiple entry visa. Any thoughts on this issue is much appreciated.

Tourists -> They support themselves financially during entire trip
Invite -> You support them financially during entire trip

The chances of getting 10 years multiple entry as a tourist is less likely, if they apply as tourists. Again, it is up to the I/O.

meetpravee
04-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Thanks wandmaker.. Could you please point me to the link/any information related to the documents my parents need if I am inviting them. Any information on things they need for visa interview is much appreciated.