PDA

View Full Version : Work in Canada while 485 is pending and got a approved EAD

punjabi77
03-27-2009, 04:10 PM
I have used my AP to travel and also have my approved EAD but have not used it yet. Can i work for a Canadian company for a short term project (4-6 months) in Canada while my 485 is pending, without affecting the GC process?
I do have the Canadian PR to work in Canada.

jthomas
03-27-2009, 11:44 PM
I have used my AP to travel and also have my approved EAD but have not used it yet. Can i work for a Canadian company for a short term project (4-6 months) in Canada while my 485 is pending, without affecting the GC process?

Check the other thread "WITH EAD CAN I TAKE 1 year vacation".
50% Yes, 50% No

Entering US may or may not be a problem. If you are still employed with your current employer then you will have no problems.

bidhanc
03-28-2009, 01:44 PM
How abt if I get a temporary job/project in Canada thru a US based Vendor company?
I do have an EAD and a Canadian PR.
Would that affect my pending I-485?

Thanks
Bidhan

sri1309
03-28-2009, 03:24 PM
How abt if I get a temporary job/project in Canada thru a US based Vendor company?

Thanks
Bidhan

I think if your payroll is by US company, and your onsite job is in Canada or NewYork, it doesnt matter. I may be wrong.

sbmallik
05-29-2009, 04:57 PM

Yes you can but you please make sure that your AP is valid till that period.

sbmallik
05-29-2009, 04:59 PM

Thanks
Bidhan

As long as the job is for short duration (< 6 months) and you have a valid AP to return, it should be fine.