PDA

View Full Version : passport renewal denied due to out-of-status at SFO

spk2011
10-03-2011, 03:14 PM
i came to USA on h1b visa on 2004 and became out of status after that.my passport was valid until 2006 , but by then i was out of status in 2006.so i applied for passport renewal and they gave me new passport with 1 year validity ie upto 2007.then again in 2007 i applied for renewal and they gave me upto 1 year.so from 2006 to 2011 (ie 5yrs) they hae been extending my passport for 1 year until when applied for extension in 2011 they said we cant extend any more and you have to get any status proof or leave the country before my passport expires (dec 2011).

from 2006 to 2010 i have done my passport renewal at indian consulate ,NY.
and i moved to california in 2010 and again applied in 2010 from california and they gave me for 1 year ie upto 2011.now in 2011 when i again tried to apply for renewal they said we cant extend any more as short vality passport duration is only 5 years and i have completed that 5 year period ie from 2006 to 2011.

so what are my options now.should i leave india before my passport expires.is there any way i can get back into status in this country.can i marry a american citizen and get into status.

should i leave this country before my passport expires and if so what question they ask me here while exiting and when i enter india.will i face any problems.

and what if i over stay after my passport expired (dec 2011) and can i go back to india with expired passport.what problems could i face in india if i land there with expired passport.

is there any other way i can sty here with expired passport and marry citizen and try to get in status.do i need a valid passport in order to marry.

i would like to know what should i do now.please help me iam in deep trouble now.

ivgclive
10-03-2011, 03:50 PM
i came to USA on h1b visa on 2004 and became out of status after that.my passport was valid until 2006 , but by then i was out of status in 2006.so i applied for passport renewal and they gave me new passport with 1 year validity ie upto 2007.then again in 2007 i applied for renewal and they gave me upto 1 year.so from 2006 to 2011 (ie 5yrs) they hae been extending my passport for 1 year until when applied for extension in 2011 they said we cant extend any more and you have to get any status proof or leave the country before my passport expires (dec 2011).

and i moved to california in 2010 and again applied in 2010 from california and they gave me for 1 year ie upto 2011.now in 2011 when i again tried to apply for renewal they said we cant extend any more as short vality passport duration is only 5 years and i have completed that 5 year period ie from 2006 to 2011.

so what are my options now.should i leave india before my passport expires.is there any way i can get back into status in this country.can i marry a american citizen and get into status.

should i leave this country before my passport expires and if so what question they ask me here while exiting and when i enter india.will i face any problems.

and what if i over stay after my passport expired (dec 2011) and can i go back to india with expired passport.what problems could i face in india if i land there with expired passport.

is there any other way i can sty here with expired passport and marry citizen and try to get in status.do i need a valid passport in order to marry.

i would like to know what should i do now.please help me iam in deep trouble now.

Overall, it does not appear to be a "real" post, but in case if someone is in that situation...

Staying Out-Of-Status : Not good.
Staying with expired passport : Not good (Its ok for an year if you are in status)
Can I go to India after the passport expiry : Airports won't let you go thru their terminals with expired passport, you will be driven back to the Indian Mission to get a "Emergency Travel Document".
What problems could i face in india : There are some, you need to spend time and explain Indian Officials, you know how sweet experience that could be.
Marry citizen and try to get in status : Intention is not legal, if found during processing. (Marriage is legal, you can marry anyone :) )

In a common man's point of view, "If you stay here, you will be deported. If you go out, you won't be admitted back", both for the same reason "out of status".

But attorneys and lawyers have always a "legal way" to go thru. Check with them.

snathan
10-03-2011, 07:41 PM

If you are in the west coat - Pacific Ocean
east coast - Atlantic should do...

smuggymba
10-03-2011, 08:08 PM

too many posts with different usernames on the same day from new users talking about out of status. Fishy.

sac-r-ten
10-04-2011, 03:05 PM
too many posts with different usernames on the same day from new users talking about out of status. Fishy.

same guy posting several times since he/she is panicky.

@spk2011, the best option is go out of country, since you can't get into status anyways.
If you are destined you will come back here.
Can't comment about marrying and staying here and filling GC. they would know about your out-of-status anyways.

good luck.

belmontboy
10-04-2011, 04:04 PM
If you are in the west coat - Pacific Ocean
east coast - Atlantic should do...

If he/she is in middle, Mexico would do :D