PDA

View Full Version : I-140 RFE on Degree Certificate

jackrock79
09-29-2011, 05:21 PM
I received an RFE on my I-140 case about my Bachelor's Degree. The RFE states that
petitioner did not submit evidence that the beneficiary has Bachelor's degree.

The evidence needed was:
A copy of beneficiary's official academic record showing advanced degree with transcripts
A copy of beneficiary's official academic record has U.S. bachelors or foreign equivalent degree and having atleast 5 yrs of post-baccalaureate experience
If the beneficiary completed his education outside the US, in addition to the beneficiary's official academic record, please submit a detailed advisory evaluation of beneficiary's credentials.

I have submitted my BE degree certificate document when we applied for I-140
The PERM requirements were Bachelor's + 5 yrs

I have a Bachelors (4 yrs B.E) and Master's in CS ( 2yrs) from US and progressive 7 yrs of experience. I dont understand why would USCIS need a evaluation of my education. I also have 2 approved I-140's from previous companies where I never got an RFE for education evaluation.

Do I still need to submit the evaluation of my Bachelor's degree or is it ok to just submit my degree certificate?
If I have to get the evaluation done then which agency does this evaluation?

sorcerer666
09-30-2011, 10:02 AM
I had the same RFE but for an H-1B, the lawyer thought that the RFE was inappropriate, they shouldn't be questioning a bachelor's degree once you have your Master's here.

In any case, the lawyer got my educational evaluations done. They got it done themselves, but in my research I found an academic equivalency evaluation was between $100-$200. Might be totally worth it! A quick google search will give you plenty of results.

Good luck!

I received an RFE on my I-140 case about my Bachelor's Degree. The RFE states that
petitioner did not submit evidence that the beneficiary has Bachelor's degree.

The evidence needed was:
A copy of beneficiary's official academic record showing advanced degree with transcripts
A copy of beneficiary's official academic record has U.S. bachelors or foreign equivalent degree and having atleast 5 yrs of post-baccalaureate experience
If the beneficiary completed his education outside the US, in addition to the beneficiary's official academic record, please submit a detailed advisory evaluation of beneficiary's credentials.

I have submitted my BE degree certificate document when we applied for I-140
The PERM requirements were Bachelor's + 5 yrs

I have a Bachelors (4 yrs B.E) and Master's in CS ( 2yrs) from US and progressive 7 yrs of experience. I dont understand why would USCIS need a evaluation of my education. I also have 2 approved I-140's from previous companies where I never got an RFE for education evaluation.

Do I still need to submit the evaluation of my Bachelor's degree or is it ok to just submit my degree certificate?
If I have to get the evaluation done then which agency does this evaluation?