PDA

View Full Version : First time Travel Overseas after 485 approval

krish2006
09-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Is it necessary to submit I-94 to airline while traveling overseas first time after 485 approval?
I assume 485 approval immediately voids non immigrant status (H1B) and hence I-94 as well.

Would that cause any issue while re-entry with physical green card if one does not submit I-94 to airline while departing.

Can anyone shed some light? or Has anyone traveled overseas without submitting I-94 and returned back without any issues with GC

Thanks,

rajenk
09-27-2011, 02:14 PM
This should not be an issue. Generally the air line ticketing staff issuing your boarding pass is responsible to take out your I-94. You can contact USCIS with the same question as to how you can return your I-94. You can let them know that it was not your fault.

Hope this helps.

TomPlate
09-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Please surrender your i94 and tell them that you are free bird and can fly anywhere...

redds777
09-28-2011, 07:58 AM
Please surrender your i94 and tell them that you are free bird and can fly anywhere...

Hi

Recently returned to US first time after getting GC . the IO at the port of entry looked at my GC and took finger prints and put a seal with " valid till 1 month " . I wonder what that 1 month means.

did anybody come across similar situation ? BTW i retuned ny I-94 voluntorily while exiting.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

krishna_brc
09-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Did any one have similar experience? I have never heard of "valid till 1 month" seal for LPR's

Hi

Recently returned to US first time after getting GC . the IO at the port of entry looked at my GC and took finger prints and put a seal with " valid till 1 month " . I wonder what that 1 month means.

did anybody come across similar situation ? BTW i retuned ny I-94 voluntorily while exiting.

Thanks

krish2006
09-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi

Thanks

Where exactly did he put a seal "valid till 1 month" . On your passport page?
or you are just being funny?

vinzak
09-29-2011, 03:58 PM
"valid till 1 month" does not even make grammatical sense. I call BS on this.

redds777
09-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Where exactly did he put a seal "valid till 1 month" . On your passport page?
or you are just being funny?

I am not kidding . in the passport he put a stamp in which under category wrote ARC . under that valid till wrote 1 month ( in words). I ckecked my wife's passport as well . same thing there .

May be i need to ask my attorney and see what this means .

krish2006
09-29-2011, 05:10 PM
I am not kidding . in the passport he put a stamp in which under category wrote ARC . under that valid till wrote 1 month ( in words). I ckecked my wife's passport as well . same thing there .

May be i need to ask my attorney and see what this means .

It looks like ARC : Alien Registration Card (anohter name for GC)

Were you out of county for about a month? Did the officer asked you how long you were out of country?

It looks like every GC holder upon re-entry is annotated with ARC stamp in passport and until : means total months you were out of country?

Atleast based on quick web search.

redds777
09-29-2011, 06:17 PM
It looks like ARC : Alien Registration Card (anohter name for GC)

Were you out of county for about a month? Did the officer asked you how long you were out of country?

It looks like every GC holder upon re-entry is annotated with ARC stamp in passport and until : means total months you were out of country?

Atleast based on quick web search.

That could be it...

yes . he asked me for how long i was out . i said 5 weeks . it makes sense now .

thanks for your search and help.