PDA

View Full Version : Fingerprinting with Henna

airbusfan
09-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Hello all -

My fiance and I have now decided to move to the UK. One of the requirements is to have a biometrics appointment and get fingerprints taken at one of the local USCIS centers.

She is going to have Henna/Mehendi on her hands, as we're getting married next week. Does anyone here have any idea if the henna/mehendi makes it difficult to get fingerprinting done or hampers it in anyway. UK websites and the border agency do say that they won't take fingerprints if there is any form of tattoo or henna on the fingers.

If someone could share their experience with fingerprinting with henna on their fingers in US would be great!

Thanks

Airbusfan

needhelp!
09-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Henna => dries skin => difficulty in taking finger prints
Just a guess

LONGGCQUE
09-22-2011, 07:32 PM
No answer to your question. But Congratulations .... unique scenario though

Hello all -

My fiance and I have now decided to move to the UK. One of the requirements is to have a biometrics appointment and get fingerprints taken at one of the local USCIS centers.

She is going to have Henna/Mehendi on her hands, as we're getting married next week. Does anyone here have any idea if the henna/mehendi makes it difficult to get fingerprinting done or hampers it in anyway. UK websites and the border agency do say that they won't take fingerprints if there is any form of tattoo or henna on the fingers.

If someone could share their experience with fingerprinting with henna on their fingers in US would be great!

Thanks

Airbusfan

sac-r-ten
09-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Congrats. thats a sweet headache to have. i know they cover the whole hand with henna, but i would say leave the fingertips. once the fingerprinting is done, add henna on the tips. she can pass it as a different design. what say.

good luck with everything buddy.

xyz0011
09-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Congratulations for getting married and asking a silly question. You knew the solution before you asked the question.

prasadn
09-26-2011, 01:02 AM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/14986-henna-mehndi-on-hand-fp-to-do-please-advice.html

airbusfan
10-09-2011, 09:55 AM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/14986-henna-mehndi-on-hand-fp-to-do-please-advice.html

Thanks Everyone for the wishes and I concur with the experience posted in the thread that Prasadn has posted. We got our visa's approved in 24 hours!! Way better than USCIS!!