PDA

View Full Version : Address Change After Green Card

MYGC2008
09-20-2011, 04:47 PM
All,

I am planning to move out from the existing location to a new location. Should we need to file AR11 ( Addreess chnage) with USCIS? a month back I received my GC.

Thanks

sneni
09-20-2011, 05:05 PM
All,

I am planning to move out from the existing location to a new location. Should we need to file AR11 ( Addreess chnage) with USCIS? a month back I received my GC.

Thanks

I think ( I am not 100% sure) It’s not mandatory requirement as long as you don't have any pending case with USCIS. But I know some people updating their address by filling AR-11. If I were you, I will send AR11 each time I change my location.

Thanks...SNeni.

hibworker
09-20-2011, 06:35 PM
All,

Thanks

Yes all non-US citizens are required to file AR-11 within 10 days of moving. Details here straight from USCIS: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.Terms

There is a link to file AR-11 online - so it hardly takes 5 minutes to do so.

Edison99
09-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Yes!

all,

i am planning to move out from the existing location to a new location. Should we need to file ar11 ( addreess chnage) with uscis? A month back i received my gc.

Thanks

krishna_brc
09-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Yes all non-US citizens are required to file AR-11 within 10 days of moving. Details here straight from USCIS: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.Terms

There is a link to file AR-11 online - so it hardly takes 5 minutes to do so.

This is 100% correct. All non-US citizens are required to file AR-11.
My attorney also mentioned the same.

jamhelmcor
11-21-2011, 02:21 AM
Immigrants have to file Form AR-11, Change of Address with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services to update a change of address. A Change of Address card has to be filed for every individual member of the family. Apart from completing and filing the AR-11, the applicant has to also call the USCIS at their toll free number and get their address updated on any recently approved petition or pending application.

ak_2006
11-21-2011, 02:32 PM
This is good information.