PDA

View Full Version : Healthcare Informatics

ras
03-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Gurus please let me know if there are job prospects for Healthcare Informatics given the economic conditions in USA.

It appears there is a good allocation of 9.2billion dollars for Healthcare IT in the stimulus. Does it provide impetus for this field?

Can an IT company sponsor H1 B for Healthcare Informatics or any of Medical IT fields and if so what would be the occupational code (DOL). What are possible job designation in this field in USA?

ArkBird
03-22-2009, 05:08 AM
Depends. What is your domain? Are you or the person in question in US or trying to get to US. Health care and Biotech/Informatics is VERY vast field and lot depends on your domain expertise.

I am from Biotech firm working in very specialized field. feel free to PM me or post on board if you have any questions. I will be glad to help you.

ArkBird

Gurus please let me know if there are job prospects for Healthcare Informatics given the economic conditions in USA.

It appears there is a good allocation of 9.2billion dollars for Healthcare IT in the stimulus. Does it provide impetus for this field?

Can an IT company sponsor H1 B for Healthcare Informatics or any of Medical IT fields and if so what would be the occupational code (DOL). What are possible job designation in this field in USA?

ras
03-22-2009, 06:29 AM
The specific areas are Electronic Medical Records. This is for my cousin who is being interviewed by the clients but do not have enough information about sponsoring H1.

Wanted to know if IT Companies can apply H1 for him as his area falls under healthcare and Information Technology

ras
03-22-2009, 06:12 PM
bumping so people can see it.