PDA

View Full Version : Free attorney conference call - 22 Sep 2011

pappu
08-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Free attorney conference calls

prem_goel
09-17-2011, 03:07 PM
IV Members,

Immigration Voice conducts a one hour free conference call with attorneys for the benefit of IV members only. Depending on the interest, this opportunity is provided on the Thursdays of each month.

4th Thursday of this month - 4 pm PST / 7 pm EST with Rajkrishna S. Iyer, Attorney at Law, Law Offices Of Carl Shusterman

Note: For this particular call, the attorneys requested questions in advance. Members are required to send their questions directly to (IV handle - prem_goel) or post on this thread for everyone's benefit.

Members need to be present in the call for the question to be asked and answered.

Conference call details:

Date/Time: 22nd Sep 2011 at 4 pm PST / 7 pm EST
Conference Dial-in Number: 712-432-0900
Participant Access Code: 482057

prem_goel
09-19-2011, 11:50 PM
iviviv

mhssatya
09-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Prem,
I tried joining the IV call last couple of times and I was listening to the music for 10-15 min and then I hung up. I might have joined the call 5-10 min late.

IV Members,

Immigration Voice conducts a one hour free conference call with attorneys for the benefit of IV members only. Depending on the interest, this opportunity is provided on the Thursdays of each month.

4th Thursday of this month - 4 pm PST / 7 pm EST with Rajkrishna S. Iyer, Attorney at Law, Law Offices Of Carl Shusterman

Note: For this particular call, the attorneys requested questions in advance. Members are required to send their questions directly to (IV handle - prem_goel) or post on this thread for everyone's benefit.

Members need to be present in the call for the question to be asked and answered.

Conference call details:

Date/Time: 22nd Sep 2011 at 4 pm PST / 7 pm EST
Conference Dial-in Number: 712-432-0900
Participant Access Code: 482057

prem_goel
09-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Prem,
I tried joining the IV call last couple of times and I was listening to the music for 10-15 min and then I hung up. I might have joined the call 5-10 min late.

You should've gotten through as everyone else did. Please make sure you call at the right time as people have got confused with timezone difference in the past.

prem_goel
09-20-2011, 08:16 PM
If anyone's inclined to contribute to the community by moderating these calls, please PM me. We have 3-4 people who've been taking turns since the last few months. Sometimes it becomes difficult for anyone to be available due to timezone issues.

jsd123
09-21-2011, 12:44 PM
I have an approved I-140 in EB3 category with priority date of September 2007. I am currently outside of USA working for the same company. I am planning to leave this company to get into a better position at another company and take care of some personal business.

If in future I come back to USA and my new employer files for my green card (PERM) in can I capture my previous priority date for the approved 1-140 (even though it may have been withdrawn by my current employer) ?

Is there a time duration by which new PERM has to be filed after old I-140 is withdrawn to be able to port the priority date ?

What's the best way to get a copy of I-140 from current employer or USCIS ?

Circle
09-21-2011, 05:14 PM

Hi! I have sent a PM to you with my questions. Thanks in advance.

ravi_103
09-22-2011, 04:49 AM
Attorney,

wanted to take this apportunity to verify if i'm eligible for H1 renewal staming at Tijuana, MX

Currently in USA on H1B visa since April 2006.
Current H1B visa stamp on my passport expired in October 2007
I got my subsequesnt H1 extentions with new I-94 date on my I-797 and was never out of status, working for the same employer.
Current H1B stamping on my passport was done in India (home country) with my present employer.

davidoff
09-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Wanted to take this oppurtunity to check whether I'm eligible for Porting or not..

Thanks

doubleyou
09-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Hi prem,

I had logged in last thursday, i cna hear the conference call, but no body can hear when i am speaking, my no was not even called by the moderator. I had also sent the question in advance.

How do i make my voice heard.

My Question is My 1140 which was approved in April 2007 had received a NOIR in august 2011, what happens if rejected and I appeal, What is my status duirng a pending AAO appeal.
What should be my back up plan. Can i Do another labor and I i140 and port the priority date, is it possible to port a priority date if the approved I 140 is rejected.

prem_goel
09-22-2011, 06:19 PM
I've received a good number of questions for today's call. For the sake of fairness, I'll try to prioritize the call in the order in which questions were received.

Please announce your IV handle when you join the call.

prem_goel
09-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Please join the call if you have question to ask.