PDA

View Full Version : Visitor visa for mom

a1b2c3
03-14-2009, 09:01 PM
My father passed away recently and my mother wishes to travel with my wife and I on a visitor visa.

How can she apply for 10 year multiple entry visa? Can she return after the visa expires, after a month? Any experiences anyone can share? Are there any reasons why some visas get denied?

My wife and I are permanent residents and we want to know whether this is of any advantage/disadvantage.

Any pointers/info/help are much appreciated. I looked through the relevant IV threads and yes, they are informative but rules change all the time and I decided to just go ahead and post this thread to get the latest feedback.

a1b2c3
03-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks for helping me tide over a difficult situation.

fide_champ
03-15-2009, 09:34 AM
My father passed away recently and my mother wishes to travel with my wife and I on a visitor visa.

How can she apply for 10 year multiple entry visa? Can she return after the visa expires, after a month? Any experiences anyone can share? Are there any reasons why some visas get denied?

My wife and I are permanent residents and we want to know whether this is of any advantage/disadvantage.

Any pointers/info/help are much appreciated. I looked through the relevant IV threads and yes, they are informative but rules change all the time and I decided to just go ahead and post this thread to get the latest feedback.

Has your mother gotten US visitor visa before? The most important point is to prove to the consulate that your mom will return back from USA. To prove that you need to show some strong ties in your home country. Now that she is a widow it can work against her unless your siblings are still in india. All other things are secondary.
The number of years for the visa can range from 3 months to 10 years and it depends on how strong your mother's case is.