View Full Version : Extension of visitor visa for single parent

03-08-2009, 05:13 PM
I am living in US and am currently on AOS (Adjustment of Status), my mom is staying with me on tourist visa but her visa expires in middle of June this year. Last year my father expired and my mother is incapable of taking care of herself alone (she is suffering from pysio frania which basically means she fears strangers and repeats stuff) so i would like to apply for Visa extension for her. Can anyone suggest what points i should take care of while applying for Visa extension for her? or is there any visa under which i can have stay with me in US as dependent??

03-08-2009, 08:57 PM
I am sorry to hear about your mother's situation but there is no dependent visa for parents. You can probably extend her stay for another 6 months, but eventually there will be a time when by law she would have to leave. I also never recommend that one extends their visitor visa, unless ofcourse there is really an emergency situation. I say this because there is likely more chances for your mother to get a denial, and then she would end up loosing her existing multiple entry visa as well. So, dont take that chance.
Also, in her current situation, how are you ever going to manage medical bills? There is no insurance in this planet that will cover any pre-existing conditions. So, my friend believe me when i tell you this that it is better for your mother to live in india than in this country. I can understand that you are a dedicated son, everyone should be. Your $$$ go a long way in india and you can get the best care for her for the money.

03-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Hi Bro

Sorry for your mother. I can only pray for you and your mother.

Take her back to india so that you she can have a better treatment.

03-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Thanks for your wishes