View Full Version : Working for state of california

03-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Does any one in the forum (or their spouse) work for the state of california?

Are H1B or EAD holder eligible for applying for full time postitions with the state?

How about after getting the green cards? Are permanent residents eligible? OR are these positions only for US citizens?

I recently took the state exam for Systems software specialist series and when filling up the online forms etc, there was no question asked anywhere about citizenship or permanent resident only.

So if any of you have experience in this area, could you please clarify?

03-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Also, if some one can point me to any state website link that clarifies this, that would be great. I tried to search http://www.spb.ca.gov/index.htm?e=1, but couldn't find anything specific regarding this.

03-06-2009, 08:01 PM
To best of my knowledge, a person on EAD (probably not the primary candidate) can work for anyone.. It can be City, State, Federal or McDonald's at any position, part time or full time, provided the job does not involve any government classified information. Jobs involving classified information are only for citizens that too after proper background check.

Primary candidate might work for the government i.e. if job requires skills that citizens don't have and that group has a policy of filing H1's..

I hope this helps.