PDA

View Full Version : Sharing visitor visa experience @chennai

ivdude
03-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Recently my in-laws attended interview @chennai consulate for visitor visa

I'm working on EAD, sponsored my in-laws for visitor visa.
1) Documents provided : only documents mentioned on chennai(vfs) website.
2) Questions Asked:
a) Where does your son-in-law work?
b) What are his(son-in-law) parents names?

that's all and they are issued visa.

chanduv23
03-06-2009, 04:08 PM

2) Questions Asked:

Visitors visa has never been an issue in recent times. The big issue is h1b visas

ujjwal_p
03-06-2009, 04:19 PM

2) Questions Asked:

Thanks for sharing the information. This will be useful to a lot of people whose near and dear ones will need to visit the consulate.

While H1-B visas maybe having more problems, lots of parents/visitors also have issues, either because of language or documents or something else. The whole visa experience can be quite intimidating for senior people especially and I've personally seen that while at the consulate. If IV is going to be a serious immigration forum then we need to encourage people sharing their experiences.

maddipati1
03-06-2009, 04:57 PM
recently went for renewal of H1 visa stamp at chennai. mine was piece of cake coz, been working with a reputed company for 5 yrs.

but, while waiting.. saw and listened to a new H1 guy's interview. man... they are grilling them like anything. even the actual job interview wouldnt be that detail. the candidate was literally explaining the work flow, technical details of his job and his company. its semi conductor company it seems, man such a detailed grillin i have never seen.. even in a job interview. poor guy seems to be a genuine candidate. a fake guy with preparation can no way handle that kind of grilling.

ihateh1
03-06-2009, 05:18 PM
This should have been done a long time back. My neighbour is a 47 year old guy who is working as a recruiter. his employer has now told him to start looking for a project else his H1 would be cancelled in 3 months. This guy is struggling now because he never worked in IT and getting a job for him in this market is out of question.

Dont know where the world is Heading to.