PDA

View Full Version : desi tv services

billu
09-08-2011, 07:53 PM
My parents are going to visit soon and I am looking for a reliable and good quality service for desi tv channels ike zee, sony etc. I cannot get dish antenna as I am in a apartment and manager would not allow it. Anyone has any experience with dish iptv/watch india/jadoo tv etc?thanks for your input.

CaliHoneB
09-08-2011, 08:00 PM
My parents are going to visit soon and I am looking for a reliable and good quality service for desi tv channels ike zee, sony etc. I cannot get dish antenna as I am in a apartment and manager would not allow it. Anyone has any experience with dish iptv/watch india/jadoo tv etc?thanks for your input.

Here is the link to the thread I started recently..now I have reliableipTV and am relatively happy with it but it has no hindi channels..

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum107-interesting-topics/2248561-does-anybody-have-reliable-iptv-for-indian-channels.html

krishmunn
09-08-2011, 10:23 PM
I have used watchindia.tv . Quality -- not bad; Customer Service -- Awesome. I have taken it 3 occassions (for 3 months each time) and cancelled after my parents/in-laws left. No issues.

billu
09-09-2011, 07:29 AM
[QUOTE=krishmunn;2845566]I have used watchindia.tv . Quality -- not bad; Customer Service -- Awesome. I have taken it 3 occassions (for 3 months each time) and cancelled after my parents/in-laws left. No issues.[/QUOTE

thanks for your reply. I am also thinking about getting watch india. Did you take the $300 yearly plan? On the website, it says that it has a One year commitment. Were you able to cancel after 3 months and get a refund even with the commitment?thanks for your reply.

krishmunn
09-09-2011, 07:51 AM
I did not take one year package. Just pick 5 on month to month basis. Had a spare computer which I connected to TV and be done. Also my daughter was home (summer break) and so she was able to help her Grand Parents on computer and switching channels. If you take a one year package, they provide a free box which you can connect to TV directly.

The company is in Cypress and so I was initially a bit reluctant giving my credit card details. But now they accept PayPal as well

seetheavatar
09-09-2011, 08:52 AM
There are lots of ip tv services available now a days.
If you get the roku player or the new series of blueray players they stream lots of indian channels.If you search in roku you will get almost all the channels that we get in india.

And there is no need for any installations.

Below are some links that I referred sometime ago.

Roku Streaming Player | Watch Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, Crackle and More on Roku Player (http://www.roku.com/)

Claqueurs: Roku Player (http://claqueurs.blogspot.com/2011/07/roku-player.html)

thomachan72
09-09-2011, 01:19 PM
There are lots of ip tv services available now a days.
If you get the roku player or the new series of blueray players they stream lots of indian channels.If you search in roku you will get almost all the channels that we get in india.

And there is no need for any installations.

Below are some links that I referred sometime ago.

Roku Streaming Player | Watch Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, Crackle and More on Roku Player (http://www.roku.com/)

Claqueurs: Roku Player (http://claqueurs.blogspot.com/2011/07/roku-player.html)

Are you using roku player? what is the difference between the 60 and $80 versions? How can it be so cheap? I am doubting the quality and want to hear from you.

seetheavatar
09-09-2011, 01:38 PM
I am using Roku player for some time.It is really fine.The picture quality depends on your network speed.
I watch movies from netflix and few indian channels through Roku.

The difference between the models is that the cheaper one supports G speeds where as the pricier ones support N speeds.And they also have a game controller added to it now and they cost more.

I have the basic one and it is connected wireless. I don't find any issues at all.

Are you using roku player? what is the difference between the 60 and $80 versions? How can it be so cheap? I am doubting the quality and want to hear from you.

thomachan72
09-09-2011, 01:42 PM
I am using Roku player for some time.It is really fine.The picture quality depends on your network speed.
I watch movies from netflix and few indian channels through Roku.

The difference between the models is that the cheaper one supports G speeds where as the pricier ones support N speeds.And they also have a game controller added to it now and they cost more.

I have the basic one and it is connected wireless. I don't find any issues at all.

Are the Indian channels preloaded? I thought you could not browse internet using the roku?

seetheavatar
09-09-2011, 01:44 PM
The indian channels are not preloaded.You just go to the channel store and add the channels to your player.Yes you cannot browse internet.But you can add indian channels and other channels.

Are the Indian channels preloaded? I thought you could not browse internet using the roku?

sri_hari
11-07-2013, 11:09 AM
after reading threads i got roku but i can't see yupp service in there? i have seen their website they have low price packages and are available in a lot of devices. i have a PS3 and it has yupp app but has anyone ever used their services? hows is it? if anyone can help me out i would appreciate as i have recently shifted and every dollar counts :)

sri_hari
11-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I was talking to my friend here who is in US from last 3 years. he also gave me same review. Though he has a Samsung blu ray player he is enjoying a lot and his biggest motivation is that yupptv has lowest prices and maximum channels. That looks like a nice treat :)
As I was going through their site i guess they have a lot of other devices too which support yupp app like google tv, iphone, ipad, lg, panasonic too. I think i will start with my PS3 and see where i go from there. Thanks again for your kind advice. I appreciate.

imh1b
11-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Why spend on something that is free. Desi movies and TV programs are all free on the net. If you get Apple TV you can project on your TV. Or just get XBMC player and watch for free.

sri_hari
11-07-2013, 01:26 PM
But how to do that? I have apple tv though i am not using it from long time i know airplay but where can i find free stuff? I have never heard of XBMC player what is it?

imh1b
11-07-2013, 01:36 PM
But how to do that? I have apple tv though i am not using it from long time i know airplay but where can i find free stuff? I have never heard of XBMC player what is it?

Just install XBMC player on your computer and either watch on your computer or connect it to TV. All desi movies, regional language movies and serials are all there to add.
For Apple TV you will find videos on several desi websites that you can project. Just google or ask your desi neighbors.

sri_hari
11-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Thanks again but i have seen these pirated websites earlier. It is not reliable. So many times they suddenly stop then you have to search for new website than also its always better to watch via Television. Those were college days when we used to watch all movies on PC via net :) thats my opinion. yupp is offering me a free trial period so i will see their quality and if my friends are having good experience so i might want to pay a little and get a reliable tv service on my TV. we spend so many dollars every month i think we can spend little more if that can give us our desi channels on our TV. What say?

memyselfandus
11-07-2013, 09:17 PM
It is as simple as it can get. I think they have a special deal for a while that provides you free Yupp TV box. WD Plus Packages (http://www.yupptv.com/WDPlusPackages.aspx)

simple.life
11-07-2013, 10:41 PM
the free channels on roku are nonsense.

Best option is to get roku and then subscribe to dish tv south asia package.

DishWorld | Roku Streaming Player (http://www.roku.com/dishworld)

sri_hari
11-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Thanks for advice but "Dish" no way. One of my relatives tried some of ther new service dish world and they were using roku...they said that yupp quality is better and dish is famous for extracting more dollars some or the other way. i will go with yupp for now using my PS3 and see what happens. they also have good quality hindi movies which i personally like..i dont watch any serials. this thread has gone interesting. I would welcome more interactions here on this topic. Its fun and helpful to know about each other experiences.

simple.life
11-08-2013, 12:57 AM
Your "relative" was probably using the 720p roku..the cheap one :rolleyes:

Try the "expensive" one, roku 3 ;)

vishalgupta2
11-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Your "relative" was probably using the 720p roku..the cheap one :rolleyes:

Try the "expensive" one, roku 3 ;)

We have Roku 3 and are using Dishworld. We have 2 TVs, a 55 inch uhd and a 46 inch 1080p. Dish world works great on both.

sri_hari
11-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Guys, i m watching zeetv live HD on yupp using PS3. Its amazing. they are charging just 9.99/month. they have recorded programs too. i m lovng it :)
for my telugu, malayalam and tamil friends yupp has some good collection for everyone of us. i will suggest you call their toll free no and ask for 30 days free trial. it is not visible on their site. my friend advised me to do so and i got it. this is good man.