PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising Plan

vbkris77
03-04-2009, 11:21 AM
How about a fundraising party, event across individual state chapters for any ocassion, like a Telugu new year that is coming up next month. Holi coming up next week. Just a thought. Ideas welcome..

vbkris77
03-04-2009, 01:00 PM
I am not saying it will replace contribution, it is in addition to that. I agree from an easy point of view. But from a Team building point of view, it will be great if people meet real world and talk. Think of it like, Some volunteer for food, Some can volunteer for cultural pgms. We will have a good evening and IV gets money for invitations.

chanduv23
03-04-2009, 01:03 PM
In the past IV state chapters did a lot of meets and greets across the country and a lot of IV members know each other well.

This is a good initiative. Members can arrange to meet in a restaurant or a park or a mall or book a hall .... just talk to your state chapter lead and get going.

suriajay12
03-18-2009, 09:14 AM
How about a fundraising party, event across individual state chapters for any ocassion, like a Telugu new year that is coming up next month. Holi coming up next week. Just a thought. Ideas welcome..

Any agenda or just rasing funds??.

sanju
03-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Any agenda or just rasing funds??.

Yes Sri, here is the agenda in case you missed it -
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5&Itemid=47

gaz
03-18-2009, 10:55 AM
I am not saying it will replace contribution, it is in addition to that. I agree from an easy point of view. But from a Team building point of view, it will be great if people meet real world and talk. Think of it like, Some volunteer for food, Some can volunteer for cultural pgms. We will have a good evening and IV gets money for invitations.

how about looking for some kind of corporate sponsorship for a party with a portion of the benefits going to IV? "Corporate" could be pepsi/coke/ indian grocery stores/jewellers etc. They get to advertise to the community and IV gets a portion of the benefits?

I don't know how these things work - but figured I'd throw it in here even if its a stupid idea.

vbkris77
03-18-2009, 11:04 AM
IV Core I think is of opinion that anything if at all possible in this climate can be only FOIA. Based on the outcome we need to go more aggressive. But I liked the idea of sponsership. I did these type of activities in College. The response will be huge and money also will be easy to get. It is just that we need to have a coordinated effort to execute this exactly on the same day across USA that we will have enough coverage in India media to wentout our frustration. I am still for it.

Marphad
03-18-2009, 12:07 PM
IV Core I think is of opinion that anything if at all possible in this climate can be only FOIA. Based on the outcome we need to go more aggressive. But I liked the idea of sponsership. I did these type of activities in College. The response will be huge and money also will be easy to get. It is just that we need to have a coordinated effort to execute this exactly on the same day across USA that we will have enough coverage in India media to wentout our frustration. I am still for it.

We need to make sure that we get definite and quick output for FOIA.

vbkris77
03-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Definite and quick are just not there in CIS dictionary at all.. That is the problem.. We can make hue and cry all day long, but they only work when they have no choice but to work..

ganguteli
03-18-2009, 12:26 PM
We need to make sure that we get definite and quick output for FOIA.

I wish USCIS works like an IT project.

Does your lawyer deliver definite and quick output to you when you need it? :D:D