PDA

View Full Version : Traveling during H1B Extension process

gopikannappan
03-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi All,

My Case:
I am planning to travel to India from 11-March till 27-March and my current petition(VISA) ends on 5-April. My company already filled for the extension process (on 30-Jan).

Three possible scenarios

1. If I get the extension approval before leaving to India, do I have to set up a stamping slot at the US consulate in India or can I just carry the new petition and while entering back in US just show that to the immigration officer.

2. If the approval comes on 26-March, what should I do, can I still travel to US without the new stamping.

3. If I dont get the approval till 27-March, can I travel to US with my old petition without any problem?

Thanks in advance
Gopi

shae marks
05-31-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi Immigration Gurus,

I have a valid H1B Visa which is expiring on Feb 16th, 2008 and my old H1 is expiring the same day as my Visa. I applied for my H1B extension my H1 extension is pending. I am planning to go to india on Dec last week and coming back on jan 7th.

1) Can I travel without any problems/
2) While coming back, what are the documents I need to show, will my old H1 is enough or do I have to show receipt of showing I applied for extension?

I really appreciate your time and advice, advanced thanks