PDA

View Full Version : Applied EAD - Need to Travel before Biometrics

Nithesh
09-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi,

My wife has applied for EAD - I 765 online on 30th Aug '11. When we enquired we understood that current status on the file is 'Initial Review'. We have few questions below on the processing -

1. We have already given our figure prints in our interview with US embassy while processing our VISA. Do we still needs to give biometrics or the USCIS would map the existing biometrics on their records?
2. If it is required to attend the biometric appointment can we postpone the schedule date by 5 months? My wife needs to travel back to India for an important work and would not return at least by March 12.
3. Finally is their way to cancel the EAD request and a possibility of refund? This is so that we can reapply when she is back to US.

Thank you!!!
Nithesh.

prasadn
09-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Walk-in to the nearest USCIS Application Support Center or the location where you are scheduled for biometrics with your appointment letter and let them know of your situation. They should be able to accommodate you (based on the day's workload). I had done this twice in San Jose, CA and it worked out for me.

Thanks,
Prasad

ddanait
10-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Hi

Our PD is current and we will be filing for 485 on 1st November 2011. My wife needds to travel for project purposes during 3rd week of November. Her visa has expired and she has her extension petition. Can someone please answer the following

- How soon after I-485 Filing does one get finger printing notice?
- Generally how many does after the finger printing notice is the biometrics scheduled?
- How long does a AP and EAD take to process?
- Is it okay to travel? will she have to renew her visa and get it stamped? Can I email her EAD/AP document if it arrives in her absence ?

Thanks for your time, your response is much appreciated

(Participated in April 2011 Advocacy day)
(Montly Donor to IV)

akk1234
01-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Hi Ddnait,

I am in the same situation as your wife. When did you receive your biometrics appointment letter after you filed for I-485? And when was the biometrics scheduled for?

Thanks!