PDA

View Full Version : Immigration officer at Mumbai airport

ca_immigrant
09-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Hello All,

This is regarding a recent experience that I had when flying back from Mumbai.

This is after checkin, you have to go through some kind of a immigration process where there look at your passports and all that.

Strangely for no apparent reason the lady behind the counter was very rude...:mad:
I was with my wife and kids (6 years and 1 year ).

I did provide a feedback right after doing the immigration but am not really sure if they do anything about it.

I sent emails to Deputy Manager, Service Quality ( yourcomments at csia.gvk.com) and also sent an email to the inspector of police (Dinesh joshi, he was something to do with immigraiton) but am not really sure if they can or will do anything about it...

I just fail to understand why the rude behaviour....not sure if it was just the fact that she did not love her job...or ....:confused:

my request to other travelers from Mumbai, specially the ones with Indian citizenship travelling out of the country) to lodge a complain at the airport if they see that the indian immigration officers are rude to them ..... strangely when they talk to non Indian citizens they seem to be very pleased....:confused:

Have seen just the opposite here at times where at the point of entry, the officer is a little tight in talking to folks on visas compared to the ones who are citizens.

PavanV
09-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Ok do you want us to lodge a complaint ?, what kind of complaint ?, be specific. There have been complaints that they treat non citizens badly, i.e. the non citizens expect a red carpet, with garlands, and the present chief minister to receive them and nothing more.

nalam.virumbi.28
09-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Just let it go dude, take it easy and move on. You know how India is and you can't do a darn thing about it.

humdinger.coolpal
09-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Doesn't matter who you complain to or in front of whom you cry for a hour, nothing's gonna happen about these people's attitudes. The best thing to do is smile and move on.

vhd999
09-06-2011, 11:06 AM
As someone has already mentioned, you just need to move on.
Obviously, there is something wrong their job duties and their attitude but who cares.

I travel to India frequently and I have Indian passport. After first few times, I have recognized this problem and adjusted accordingly.

Keep a stone face and just donít look into their eyes.
Don't give them a hint that you recognize their rudeness. The more unsatisfied you are, the more agitated they become.

DSLStart
09-06-2011, 11:26 AM
You'll have to be specific about her rudeness. If she abused you then thats not right. Here in the US too immigration officers at POE do not welcome everyone with a big smile and hug. They try to grill you about the purpose of your visit. They are supposed to be like that.

ca_immigrant
09-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Thanks folks for the replies.....guess I just need to forget this and move on...

@DSLStart... I agree the immigration officers at the POE are supposed to grill you that is their job....but starngely when I entered the country it was ok...
this incident was when I was leaving from Mumbai to come back here.....on the postive side maybe the officer was not happy that I was leaving the country and was going to miss me.......:D and so was rude...

gc_on_demand
09-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks folks for the replies.....guess I just need to forget this and move on...

@DSLStart... I agree the immigration officers at the POE are supposed to grill you that is their job....but starngely when I entered the country it was ok...
this incident was when I was leaving from Mumbai to come back here.....on the postive side maybe the officer was not happy that I was leaving the country and was going to miss me.......:D and so was rude...

India needs more security to stop illegals alien coming to US , UK etc. That is why they are more on check for outbound passenger. Inbound passengers from USA , UK may not be coming to be illegal alien in India. May be from Bangladesh or Nepal or any country who is less worth to live than India.

immigrant2007
09-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Mamu Woh Bimar hai usko flower lagega...

cellphone
09-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks.
Now, I will never go to Mumbai again. And, my advise to others is to boycott Mumbai. That will teach them a lesson!!!

Hello All,

This is regarding a recent experience that I had when flying back from Mumbai.

This is after checkin, you have to go through some kind of a immigration process where there look at your passports and all that.

Strangely for no apparent reason the lady behind the counter was very rude...:mad:
I was with my wife and kids (6 years and 1 year ).

I did provide a feedback right after doing the immigration but am not really sure if they do anything about it.

I sent emails to Deputy Manager, Service Quality ( yourcomments at csia.gvk.com) and also sent an email to the inspector of police (Dinesh joshi, he was something to do with immigraiton) but am not really sure if they can or will do anything about it...

I just fail to understand why the rude behaviour....not sure if it was just the fact that she did not love her job...or ....:confused:

my request to other travelers from Mumbai, specially the ones with Indian citizenship travelling out of the country) to lodge a complain at the airport if they see that the indian immigration officers are rude to them ..... strangely when they talk to non Indian citizens they seem to be very pleased....:confused:

Have seen just the opposite here at times where at the point of entry, the officer is a little tight in talking to folks on visas compared to the ones who are citizens.

mnkaushik
09-07-2011, 08:18 AM
I have been traveling to Mumbai every year for the last 10 years, i don't remember facing any issues inbound or outbound. I have been there as single, then with my wife and now with my two children.

Yes, they are not all smiles and hugs but they go about their business. I do agree that when going out of the country they are supposed to do the check that you are not illegal alien waiting to happen. If you are a US citizen then they don't have to question you while going out of the country, it is not their concern.

InTheMoment
09-07-2011, 09:05 AM
...and I have the same no-issues experience for the past 13 years at Mumbai. On the other hand if the OP did have serious concerns then he did the right thing. It is our responsibility to point out and just letting go by saying it will not change is a very narrow way of looking at things!

I have been traveling to Mumbai every year for the last 10 years, i don't remember facing any issues inbound or outbound. I have been there as single, then with my wife and now with my two children.

Yes, they are not all smiles and hugs but they go about their business. I do agree that when going out of the country they are supposed to do the check that you are not illegal alien waiting to happen. If you are a US citizen then they don't have to question you while going out of the country, it is not their concern.