PDA

View Full Version : i-534 affi for support for sister

chi_shark
02-26-2009, 02:24 PM
hey guys,

i remember reading somewhere that the visitor visa for working age people in india is very hard to get... i.e. they reject it easily. so, how does the system of filing an affidavit for support work in such a case? so, if my sister (indian citizen) wants to visit US, should i file an affidavit of support or not? what will increase her chances of getting the visa?

thanks guys.

champu
02-26-2009, 02:38 PM
hey guys,

i remember reading somewhere that the visitor visa for working age people in india is very hard to get... i.e. they reject it easily. so, how does the system of filing an affidavit for support work in such a case? so, if my sister (indian citizen) wants to visit US, should i file an affidavit of support or not? what will increase her chances of getting the visa?

thanks guys.

I heard US Consulate is easy on people as Tourism is down big time

fundo14
02-26-2009, 03:22 PM
hey guys,

thanks guys.

Hi Chi_shark,

My sister who is also working in India and not yet married applied for the visitor visa today and she was granted the visa. Here is list of documents that your sister will need at the time of interview.

Sponsor Documents (this you will need to send her)

Personal Invitation letter
Letter to the Consulate
Affidavit of Support, Form I-134 signed by you. (it's I-134 not 534)
Your letter of Employment (EVL from your company stating your employment details along with salary etc.)
Copies of last 3 Pay Stubs.
Copies of last 3 years of W2ís (Tax Return)
Copies of last 3 years of Returns
Copy of my Bank Letter stating Current Balance along with last 6 months bank statements
Copies of all your H1B (Form I-797) OR (on whatever visa you are here) approvals.
Complete copy of your Passport, along with I-94.
Copy of receipt of I-485 / EAD/ AP if any.
Your Original Birth Certificate.

Documents that your sister will need to take for Interview:

Mandatory Docs

Interview Appointment Letter
Passport
Photographs (2)
DS-156 form filled
DS-157 form filled
Both HDFC Receipts with two Bar codes
Photocopies of First page, Address page and Last page of your current passport

Supporting Docs

Current Employee Verification Letter stating start date /position/salary and leave sanction for this trip and should mention that she will resume back on return.
Current employment Pay Slips ( If possible take for last 6 months)
Original Offer letter of current employment
All Credential Evidence like Degrees & Mark sheets obtained till now.
Bank Statements (Take for last 6 months if possible or as many as you can)
Last 3 years of Returns (if any)
Original Birth Certificate
Family Photograph if possible
If she has property in India, take that document as well.

I hope this helps!

champu
03-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Please advise what all documents need to be notarized. Thanks!

champu
03-03-2009, 09:25 PM
bump...

fundo14
03-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Please advise what all documents need to be notarized. Thanks!

Hi,

You will need to get the Notarized Bank letter stating your balance which you can request your bank to provide.

Earlier it was required to get I-134 Affidavit of Support to be Notarized but not any more.
So the only Notarized doc you will need is Bank Letter.

Thanks

quiquincho
03-04-2009, 12:51 PM
My mother-in-law recently applied for the third time for a visitor visa at the US Consulate in Lima, Peru. They denied the visa, stating that because she has a daughter in the US, she does not qualify for a visitor visa. They did not even bother to look at the documentation/evidence of our H1-B status. She would like to apply again, but we do not know what documentation/evidence she should bring to the interview. Any ideas?

EB3-ROW
PD 3/19/07
I-140 Approved May 07
I-485 Filed in July 07