PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Driving License for H4 in MD

chandupatla
02-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi Friends..I am staying in MD and i am H4 visa holder..and i have international driving license with me.. Let me know how can i get the driving license in MD and what is the processes..

sriramkalyan
02-25-2009, 11:06 AM
GOOGLE - MVA

go get info there !

chandupatla
02-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi..I already searched in the google..But i didn't get the information..Please let me know if u have any details regarding license.

PHANI_TAVVALA
02-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi Friends..I am staying in MD and i am H4 visa holder..and i have international driving license with me.. Let me know how can i get the driving license in MD and what is the processes..

It is easy for International License Holder. You can give your knowledge test first and immediately appear for driver test. If you pass the test they issue a driver license which will be mailed to your address. You will need to provide 2 proof of addresses.

chandupatla
02-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks for sending the information..and one more thing is there any road test?

qasleuth
02-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Hi..I already searched in the google..But i didn't get the information..Please let me know if u have any details regarding license.

The guy gave you the driving authority name and yet you claim you searched.

http://www.marylandmva.com/DriverServ/Apply/default.htm

sandyn16
02-25-2009, 11:32 AM
There is a road test for MD, but within the MVA center area.

chandupatla
02-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Is it required SSN... I am on H4..I don't having the SSN... I search the MVA site but they asking SSN..Is it necessary?

sandyn16
02-25-2009, 12:44 PM
You need to have a SSN or ITIN

desighee
02-25-2009, 01:43 PM

I don't know where u stay in MD but if u are near Baltimore don't got to Baltimore MVA.
Go to the one in ESSEX.My wife had too many issues at Baltimore MVA but essex people were very nice and had a seperate person dealing with licensing issues for visa people.

gauravster
02-25-2009, 01:46 PM
In some states (like NJ), you need a letter from Social Security Administration stating that you are not eligible for SSN.

sreedhar
02-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks for sending the information..and one more thing is there any road test?

Just ask yourself some questions & read some IMP information before apply for DL in USA.

1) You said you have International DL.

Do you know the driving…?
How confident are you in driving…?

Apologies for asking this question to you. Because one of my friend’s family had a bad experience with International DL. My friend wife brought International DL and went to DMV in Colorado and the Colorado state people issue the DL without having Road Test. They just took Paper Test. But she doesn’t know how to drive the car. And when she learn driving in Wal-Mart parking lot she met with the accident (Thank god no human effected in that accident. just $2000 for repairs)

2) Are you willing to spend at least 3 hours driving classes from Driving School…?
Better to spend some $$$ on Driving school, Even you are perfect in driving in your country.

3) Are you looking for MVA who do not offer Road Test on International DL…?

Do not consider the people advices like “Go there…MVA people kind of liberal in some Driving mistakes”. You know…DL is not a Green Card or some immigration benefit that you should get it immediately. You should at least 99.99% perfect in driving particularly in Highway in USA. Otherwise you and other people will be in big jeopardy while you drive the car.

Hope this gives you a better picture on DL in USA.

~Sree

chandupatla
02-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Hi..I am in Rockville...Let me know what is ESSEX tell me the details.

desighee
02-25-2009, 03:28 PM
In some states (like NJ), you need a letter from Social Security Administration stating that you are not eligible for SSN.

Essex,MD has the MVA office.
http://www.mva.state.md.us/LOCATION/baltimorecounty.htm
Essex - Full Service
Middlesex Shopping Center
1338-A Eastern Boulevard
Essex, MD 21221

They don't need any letter from SSN administration.However they do check your visa status etc.So should be able to prove your legal status(passport.797 form etc),
i would suggest call them up or go to their office with all the documents.They will tell u if there is anything they need and if it is missing.
they are extremely courtious people and will tell u rightaway if there are problems with ur docs.
Offcourse my information may be outdate so call them up first to make sure info is correct.