PDA

View Full Version : Visitors Visa (with immigration file)

maxy
02-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi All

My sister is planning to visit us here this summer. she is scheduled for visa interview next month. (me & my sister who is citizen ... are sponsoring her)

little caveat, my sister has filed immigration file for her (about 2 years back...it usually takes 10-15 yrs for sibling family visa). just want to know anyone has seen or encountered such case. (in her visitor visa forms we have disclosed all this, meaning immigration file number n all)

is there any specific question that they may ask....or does it make her in-eligible for visitors visa ?

appreciate your help

maxy
02-25-2009, 12:34 PM
got few answers ... searching from other sites.

I-130 does play a role, when applying for visitors visa. but that doesnt disquialify anyone from getting visa. you have to show string ties to your country and provide enough evidence that you will come back. there are cases where they hv granted 10yrs multple visas !!

rorypirrie
03-19-2009, 03:19 AM
I think it goes around intent. Does your sister show signs of staying in the US or does she fully intend to return. Proof of reasons for her to return would be good to have on hand.

newuser
03-27-2009, 01:52 PM
got few answers ... searching from other sites.

I-130 does play a role, when applying for visitors visa. but that doesnt disquialify anyone from getting visa. you have to show string ties to your country and provide enough evidence that you will come back. there are cases where they hv granted 10yrs multple visas !!

As long as you disclosed your sister's immigration intent in the paper work and sent the right paperwork, it shouldn't be a problem.