PDA

View Full Version : infopass experience San Jose CA finger printing related

ags123
02-23-2009, 08:54 PM
I took an Infopass in San Jose CA today to check fingerprint status as it is 15 months from 1st FP. The guy said "oh fingerprints were taken on 14th Feb 2009" I was surprised as it was a saturday (14th Feb 2009). Also the only finger printing I had at the ASC was in 2007 end. When I mentioned this the officer got flustered and started asking who knows more is it you or me. We are the govt blah blah blah..
Then he calmed down and said they got uploaded on 14th Feb 2009 and I dont have to worry as name check is cleared. Then he recited my entire immigration history so I am sure he knows what he is talking about.

Anyone with similar late fingerprint uploading experience? Please post details. Thanks

champu
02-23-2009, 09:30 PM
I took an Infopass in San Jose CA today to check fingerprint status as it is 15 months from 1st FP. The guy said "oh fingerprints were taken on 14th Feb 2009" I was surprised as it was a saturday (14th Feb 2009). Also the only finger printing I had at the ASC was in 2007 end. When I mentioned this the officer got flustered and started asking who knows more is it you or me. We are the govt blah blah blah..
Then he calmed down and said they got uploaded on 14th Feb 2009 and I dont have to worry as name check is cleared. Then he recited my entire immigration history so I am sure he knows what he is talking about.

Anyone with similar late fingerprint uploading experience? Please post details. Thanks

Finger printing is flexible. I walked in and told the gentleman that I am not available on the date mentioned on the notice. He fingerprinted me right away.
I wish I-485 adjudicator can do the same.

rvr_jcop
02-23-2009, 10:24 PM

Just out of my curiosity, can we now assume that Name Check is cleared for who have not got any fingerprints RFE (provided its past 15 months from the first FP)? And whoever got second FP request, their NC is still pending?

champu
02-23-2009, 10:36 PM
Just out of my curiosity, can we now assume that Name Check is cleared for who have not got any fingerprints RFE (provided its past 15 months from the first FP)? And whoever got second FP request, their NC is still pending?

No. Name check is done once. FP every 15 mos till you get GC.