PDA

View Full Version : Bringing new born kid to US while AOS is pending

askreddy
02-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi

We are in AOS pending status.iam on EAD.

After seeing the economy Iam planning to send my wife to india. She is pregnant ( 2 months).
Now I have job and in future if I get into any trouble with project Etc.. I need to pay the medical insurance and will have lot of financial issues.

How difficult is to bring new infant to US from India while our AOS is pending and apply 485.
( Visito visa Etc..)

Any suggestions.

Thanks

wandmaker
02-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi

After seeing the economy Iam planning to send my wife to india. She is pregnant ( 2 months).
Now I have job and in future if I get into any trouble with project Etc.. I need to pay the medical insurance and will have lot of financial issues.

How difficult is to bring new infant to US from India while our AOS is pending and apply 485.
( Visito visa Etc..)

Any suggestions.

Thanks

You are NOT on a non-immigrant visa now and you are in AOS, Hence, if you kid is born outside the US, you would not be able to bring him/her on a non-immigrant dependent visa (H4). The only option, as a layman, I see is that file 485 for your kid in the consulate once your PD becomes current or file follow-to-join once gc is approved. Others can throw light on this!

go_guy123
02-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi

( Visito visa Etc..)

Any suggestions.

Thanks

I see a rare case. I have seen people ensuring that delevery is in US for the citizenship of child.

javadeveloper
02-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Hi

( Visito visa Etc..)

Any suggestions.

Thanks

1.You need to be on h1(your wife&kid needs to be on H4)
2.My suggestion:use EAD if you need to use but don't send your wife to India.Use your savings for your Insurance & living(in the worst case).
3.Also keep in mind that you have to spend about $2000 to send her to india and bring back to US with which you can buy 3 months of insurance.

desi3933
02-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi

We are in AOS pending status. I am on EAD.

After seeing the economy I am planning to send my wife to India. She is pregnant (2 months). Now I have job and in future if I get into any trouble with project Etc.. I need to pay the medical insurance and will have lot of financial issues.

How difficult is to bring new infant to US from India while our AOS is pending and apply 485. (Visitor visa Etc..)

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Since you are not on H1 visa status anymore, child can not get H-4 visa to enter into USA. Your child must get immigrant visa as follow-to-join. Immigrant visa can be issued only when your PD is current. You will need to file I-824 with USCIS. (Link for I-824 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-824.pdf))

little_willy
02-23-2009, 12:25 PM
If you currently have health insurance, you can continue it using COBRA in case of a layoff. With the recent stimulus bill, the premiums has been slashed by 65% for 9 months which is significant.

javadeveloper
02-23-2009, 12:33 PM
If you currently have health insurance, you can continue it using COBRA in case of a layoff. With the recent stimulus bill, the premiums has been slashed by 65% for 9 months which is significant.

Oh really It's a Great news! I don't know this.So if we loose job and use cobra a family can get Insurance for about $250-$300 for 9 months.Do you have any link explaining this to get some more info?

little_willy
02-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Oh really It's a Great news! I don't know this.So if we loose job and use cobra a family can get Insurance for about $250-$300 for 9 months.Do you have any link explaining this to get some more info?
http://personalinsure.about.com/od/health/a/aa021809a.htm

The First Part of The COBRA Stimulus Plan: Reduced Premiums

The COBRA stimulus plan basically has two parts. In the first part, The COBRA stimulus plan will be able to step in and help struggling families trying to pay their COBRA benefits. People who are currently enrolled in the COBRA plan will get a 65% reduction in their premium costs. This will be a huge savings to many families struggling to keep their COBRA benefits.

Part 2: The Ability to Re-Enroll into COBRA

The second part of the COBRA stimulus plan will provide recently unemployed people the ability to re-enroll into the COBRA plan, even if they had denied coverage in the past. This will help a great amount of people who choose not to continue their health insurance through COBRA because they just could not afford it.

9 Key Details about the Cobra Stimulus Plan

1. Valid for people who were involuntarily terminated between September 1, 2008 and December 31, 2009

2. To be eligible annual income cannot exceed $125,000 for a single person and $250,000 for a couples

3. 65% of existing COBRA premiums will be subsidized by the U.S. Treasury Department

4. Subsidies will be available for up to 9 months

5. If you declined COBRA coverage after September 1, 2008 you will have the option to re-enroll into COBRA with the above subsides

6. Notices of the COBRA subsidies and re-enrollment information will be sent from the COBRA administrator (usually your previous employer)

7. Subsidies will be paid, via a refundable tax credit, directly to the COBRA administrators

8. Subsidies will terminate if the enrollee acquires a new health insurance plan through another employer or is eligible for Medicare

9. Subsidies will only apply to COBRA premiums paid after the effective date of February 17, 2009 and there will be no refund of premiums prior to this date

javadeveloper
02-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks little_willy