PDA

View Full Version : Visitor Visa - Help!

immigration1234
02-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Hi,

My mom is scheduled for an interview for a visitor visa at US Consulate, Chennai. My mom is 70 years old and she will be the only person attending for the interview. She has not travelled a lot and she will not be able to figure out everything that is needed inside the consulate before and after the interview by herself. Now - my question is - Can my mom take anyone (say a relative) with her inside the consulate for help?

Appreciate your help!

reddog
02-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi,

My mom is scheduled for an interview for a visitor visa at US Consulate, Chennai. My mom is 70 years old and she will be the only person attending for the interview. She has not travelled a lot and she will not be able to figure out everything that is needed inside the consulate before and after the interview by herself. Now - my question is - Can my mom take anyone (say a relative) with her inside the consulate for help?

Appreciate your help!

No, she cannot carry anyone else except herself inside the consulate. A relative can accompany her till she enters the consulate and your mother can ask for a translator and I am sure there would be people to help her, otherwise too.
But as far as someone accomanying her inside the consulate, NO,
And just in case, even if the relative is able to get in with her, it is not advisable to do so.

immigration1234
02-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Thank you so much for the advise!

VivekAhuja
02-20-2009, 04:42 PM
The US consulates are well designed and no matter how old the person is - they will direct your mother and let her know exactly what is needed to be done. No Worries!