PDA

View Full Version : H1B, No Job and married to GC

roroku
08-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Hello,

I gonna lost job in a few month. I need help what to do with my status.
I am on H1B and my job sponsor for GC so the process started long ago and finish my I-140 but waiting for visa number. And I married to a GC holder 1 years back and she won't get her citizen until end of next year. So what option do I have for my status??
I look for job but I don't know how long will it take.

1. How long do I have to look for job before I become overstay. Some one told me 2week. which sound impossible for me.
2. I heard if I apply I-485, even without H1b i can continue to stay???? It is possible I apply for GC through my wife , will I able to apply I-485 soon??

Thanks for you help in advance.
sincerely,
roroku.

forgerator
08-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Hello,

I gonna lost job in a few month. I need help what to do with my status.
I am on H1B and my job sponsor for GC so the process started long ago and finish my I-140 but waiting for visa number. And I married to a GC holder 1 years back and she won't get her citizen until end of next year. So what option do I have for my status??
I look for job but I don't know how long will it take.

1. How long do I have to look for job before I become overstay. Some one told me 2week. which sound impossible for me.
2. I heard if I apply I-485, even without H1b i can continue to stay???? It is possible I apply for GC through my wife , will I able to apply I-485 soon??

Thanks for you help in advance.
sincerely,
roroku.

Take a look at the visa bulletin, I believe there's at least 2-3 yr wait if you're a spouse of GC holder.

One option you have is to try to convert to F1 student.

roroku
08-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Take a look at the visa bulletin, I believe there's at least 2-3 yr wait if you're a spouse of GC holder.

One option you have is to try to convert to F1 student.

I wander if I could get I-485 without waiting through method. I am asking.......