PDA

View Full Version : America working to halt the H1B based economy

gjoe
02-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Lots of people here don't understand that there are so many americans ( include immigrant americans) who make there living just based on importing H1B workers. If the govt wants to stop one H1B they are going to stop one local from getting their paychecks. It hurts us temp immigrants but it hurts the local twice as much. By sending home every H1B one another local who was living as a parasite is going to lose their job.
These H1B jobs are mostly outsourceable. The smart businesses know how to start shops in other parts of the world and keep making money. In the long run everyone is going to do better than were we are now.

greenguru
02-07-2009, 11:35 AM
This is just going to increase those body shops.

Remember they said, they cannot hire H1B. They can be contractors on H1B.

mbawa2574
02-07-2009, 11:37 AM

This is going to increase H1 fraud and body shops will prosper. Thanks to Mr. Grassley.

sanju
02-07-2009, 11:39 AM

you Jerk, why do you have to start a thread with provocative but MISLEADING HEADING. Couldn't you post this in an on-going thread WITHOUT A MISLEADING HEADING.

gc28262
02-07-2009, 12:02 PM

More than anything else, this will promote outsourcing. Many of these banks have branches all over the world. They will move entire divisions to more business friendly countries.

Ultimately Americans will lose these jobs for good.

PresidentO
02-07-2009, 12:08 PM
you Jerk, why do you have to start a thread with provocative but MISLEADING HEADING. Couldn't you post this in an on-going thread WITHOUT A MISLEADING HEADING.

Yesterday he ran the SSA refund thread and does not seem to get the point that a totalization treaty between India and US is not making a youtube video or ranting on IV. If IV takes up the agenda of "Give me my SSA check" back then he will stop this sensationalizing. I don think people such as the OP get it. There are too many people with too many list of "to-do" items to add to IV's list. What do they think IV is? The senate floor. LMAO :)

My opinion: People who want to make US their own country start rolling up your sleeves and point out sensitively how we contributed to SSA/Medicare so far with out any promise in return. Be loud and clear and first off all clear the myth that we do not pay taxes. You demand, you lose. You make your points nice and sensitively, chances are you will win.

sanju
02-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Yesterday he ran the SSA refund thread and does not seem to get the point that a totalization treaty between India and US is not making a youtube video or ranting on IV. If IV takes up the agenda of "Give me my SSA check" back then he will stop this sensationalizing. I don think people such as the OP get it. There are too many people with too many list of "to-do" items to add to IV's list. What do they think IV is? The senate floor. LMAO :)

My opinion: People who want to make US their own country start rolling up your sleeves and point out sensitively how we contributed to SSA/Medicare so far with out any promise in return. Be loud and clear and first off all clear the myth that we do not pay taxes. You demand, you lose. You make your points nice and sensitively, chances are you will win.

As always, well said President Obama :D, however, preaching to wall namely 'gjoe' is not going to help. For 'gjoe' the name of the game is "SENSATIONALISM".

senthil1
02-07-2009, 01:40 PM
They are not going to kill H1b program at any cost. Basically if their real intention is hire H1b when there is unavailablity of skill then that will be beneficial to them.US citizens job also protected and also 1 h1b person creates 4 new jobs(That's what Pro immigration community says). Whatever restrictions they will put companies will find a way to bring H1b persons unless outright ban is done. But I beleive expansion of H1b program beyond 85k is impossible for a few years. That also was resolved by L1. Basically immigration is going to be as usual for next few years.

Lots of people here don't understand that there are so many americans ( include immigrant americans) who make there living just based on importing H1B workers. If the govt wants to stop one H1B they are going to stop one local from getting their paychecks. It hurts us temp immigrants but it hurts the local twice as much. By sending home every H1B one another local who was living as a parasite is going to lose their job.
These H1B jobs are mostly outsourceable. The smart businesses know how to start shops in other parts of the world and keep making money. In the long run everyone is going to do better than were we are now.

sanju
02-07-2009, 02:08 PM
They are not going to kill H1b program at any cost. Basically if their real intention is hire H1b when there is unavailablity of skill then that will be beneficial to them.US citizens job also protected and also 1 h1b person creates 4 new jobs(That's what Pro immigration community says). Whatever restrictions they will put companies will find a way to bring H1b persons unless outright ban is done. But I beleive expansion of H1b program beyond 85k is impossible for a few years. That also was resolved by L1. Basically immigration is going to be as usual for next few years.

Everytime I read your post, the way your ideas flow into your narration, I am more and more convinced that you are anti-immigrant. Can you explain that?

senthil1
02-07-2009, 02:16 PM
If I predict something then is it mean anti immigrant? What was the wrong in my last post. Of course some times prediction could be wrong.

Everytime I read your post, the way your ideas flow into your narration, I am more and more convinced that you are anti-immigrant. Can you explain that?

gjoe
02-07-2009, 02:51 PM

Are you blind to be mislead? Or are you dumb to be mislead? Why you have to shout about a heading when you are sitting quiet and tight when you are jerked around? Is this your way of anger managment?
Please let your emotion flow in the right direction. This is one of the key leason you should have learnt after being here for this many years.

snathan
02-07-2009, 03:20 PM
If I predict something then is it mean anti immigrant? What was the wrong in my last post. Of course some times prediction could be wrong.

Sometimes when I read your post, I couldnt understand whether you are supporting immigrant or anit-immigrant. Or you already got GC and follow the 'Close the golden gate after me rule'...

sanju
02-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Are you blind to be mislead? Or are you dumb to be mislead? Why you have to shout about a heading when you are sitting quiet and tight when you are jerked around? Is this your way of anger managment?
Please let your emotion flow in the right direction. This is one of the key leason you should have learnt after being here for this many years.

Let me read back what YOU wrote in the heading of this thread -
"America working to halt the H1B based economy"

"America" is not working to halt H1B AND economy is not based on H1B, you idiot.

Only few hundred thousand folks (less than the total number of green card applicants), anti-immigrants are calling Congress to oppose green cards and H1s. Your post seem to suggest that entire population of AMERICA, 300 million people are working to halt H1s. When someone from the press will come to this site, they will see your post at the top WHICH IS MISLEADING.

If I were blind or dumb, I would have just accepted what you wrote, instead of pointing out that you are a jerk and don't know how to communicate.

sanju
02-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Sometimes when I read your post, I couldnt understand whether you are supporting immigrant or anit-immigrant. Or you already got GC and follow the 'Close the golden gate after me rule'...

Exactly ....

gjoe
02-07-2009, 05:59 PM
"America working to halt H1B based economy"
Read that again and don't feel bad that I am pointing out that you sound like an illiterate in your response.

"America" is not working to halt H1B AND economy is not based on H1B, you idiot.

Only few hundred thousand folks (less than the total number of green card applicants), anti-immigrants are calling Congress to oppose green cards and H1s. Your post seem to suggest that entire population of AMERICA, 300 million people are working to halt H1s. When someone from the press will come to this site, they will see your post at the top WHICH IS MISLEADING.

If I were blind or dumb, I would have just accepted what you wrote, instead of pointing out that you are a jerk and don't know how to communicate.

xyzgc
02-07-2009, 05:59 PM

I think, Sanju-sahab, this is just a communication lapse, just go easy on him.
A few 100k folks may be calling on congress to stop h1-b but a few 100 million americans read this and get overly influenced by it. It becomes a public opinion.
People crush your voice when you point out how we are not responsible for the housing mess but believe me drowning voices out won't change reality.
Yes, I agree multiple threads related to the same topic need to be started but that's no reason why you should whoop a fellow IVians butt, especially when he/she is saying the same thing as you do, in essence.

gjoe and sanju,
Please stop calling each other names - instead of opposing each other let's support each other and make our best attempt to correct the public perceptions in the US.

gjoe
02-07-2009, 07:03 PM
I think, Sanju-sahab, this is just a communication lapse, just go easy on him.
A few 100k folks may be calling on congress to stop h1-b but a few 100 million americans read this and get overly influenced by it. It becomes a public opinion.
People crush your voice when you point out how we are not responsible for the housing mess but believe me drowning voices out won't change reality.
Yes, I agree multiple threads related to the same topic need to be started but that's no reason why you should whoop a fellow IVians butt, especially when he/she is saying the same thing as you do, in essence.

gjoe and sanju,
Please stop calling each other names - instead of opposing each other let's support each other and make our best attempt to correct the public perceptions in the US.ed

I beleive the title of the thread is worded right and not as what it was interpreted. I agree the title was sensational to some extent but not to the level some folks think it is. There is nothing to be scared about the media reading this. They understand English well and they will give it an angle based on what they seem fit for their audience.
But thanks for attempting to bring this silly argument to an end

mrsr
02-07-2009, 07:30 PM
I am not sure if they are saying any thing wrong, in India only we are not tolerating that fact that biharis getting jobs in maharastra, why you think US will tolerate, They are right on their end,our indians also including me are greedy for money.

we have to accept this, we can go back to india for 1 year and come back? but where will these guys go?

senthil1
02-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Not just India. Most countries in the world has some form of protection for their country citizens. India and China does not have shortage of skills but always have shortage of jobs because of population. But USA has shortage of skills in many areas. When that will be addressed they may ask us to Pack our bags and or they may reduce the number of immigrants.

I am not sure if they are saying any thing wrong, in India only we are not tolerating that fact that biharis getting jobs in maharastra, why you think US will tolerate, They are right on their end,our indians also including me are greedy for money.

we have to accept this, we can go back to india for 1 year and come back? but where will these guys go?

snathan
02-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Not just India. Most countries in the world has some form of protection for their country citizens. India and China does not have shortage of skills but always have shortage of jobs because of population. But USA has shortage of skills in many areas. When that will be addressed they may ask us to Pack our bags and or they may reduce the number of immigrants.

May I ask you this...Have you already got your GC?

coolpal
02-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Yes, senthil1 got his GC. He was a member of IV almost since the site formed... and yes, he is well known for the kind of feedback/advices/help he gives back to the community...

dude, senthil1, I am after all a noob, but seriously, do we need more pessimism in these times?

pal :)

bugmenot
02-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Yes, senthil1 got his GC. He was a member of IV almost since the site formed... and yes, he is well known for the kind of feedback/advices/help he gives back to the community...

dude, senthil1, I am after all a noob, but seriously, do we need more pessimism in these times?

pal :)

lol that explains it !

rajpatelemail
02-08-2009, 12:14 AM
senthil is the biggest moron and did not get GC yet...
Hence he is still around , insecured and oppose with everybody's opinion.
He must be living alone, as he can not mingle even with single person on this whole planet.

nobody cares him, even in initial days, he used to cripple on everything and he feels that he is the only wise guy on the whole planet.

Especially when it comes to interpret the things, he feels taht he knows every thing. His background is mechnaical engg and
he is very very inferior and insecured guy as he is unable to get any software job. He was doing mechnaical hardcore job and used to cripple on everything and almost oppose every opinion and with everyone on this forum.

After a lot of frustration with this guy, core showed middle finger to him, since then he is confined to argue with forum members with pessimist views.