PDA

View Full Version : Worked after EAD expired - Options

jayram123
01-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi,

I worked for over a month after my EAD expired. I thought (call me an idiot) there was a grace period since I had already applied for renewal. I just finished reading most of the posts here and they all say that I should not have....

Now that I have worked for about 35 days without EAD...what are my options?

Just plain screwed?

Any input is appreciated esp. from others who have been in this situation.

hpandey
01-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Although technically it is not allowed but there is no need to worry. A lot of people apply for EAD's and sometimes USCIS delays in approving them and they continue working until they get the new EAD while the old one has expired. No one has ever been asked any questions because of this and I personally know a lot of people who had to do this while waiting for their GC's.

Don't panic. Everything is cool as long as you have a job :)

newbie2020
01-26-2009, 02:26 PM
When you get your new EAD, Look for the date it is active Generally it is issued from the date the original one lapses. if that is the case then you are covered.

jayram123
01-26-2009, 02:32 PM
No, unfortunately, they started it on a later date.....and now my employer has realized that they do not have the latest EAD on record so has requested the latest EAD.

I am gonna provide the latest and will just wait to see what happens.

texcan
01-26-2009, 04:05 PM
No, unfortunately, they started it on a later date.....and now my employer has realized that they do not have the latest EAD on record so has requested the latest EAD.

I am gonna provide the latest and will just wait to see what happens.

donot worry, you are fine.
Even if things come to standstill that you worked one month when you were not supposed, this is not a big problem. YOu can always cite humanitarion issues of supporting yourself and a family.

Other part is you cant do anything about it, so relax and take it easy.

sanjay
01-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi,

I worked for over a month after my EAD expired. I thought (call me an idiot) there was a grace period since I had already applied for renewal. I just finished reading most of the posts here and they all say that I should not have....

Now that I have worked for about 35 days without EAD...what are my options?

Just plain screwed?

Any input is appreciated esp. from others who have been in this situation.

I don't know exactly if rule 245K would work for you or not. But read it and ask an attorney about it.

http://www.greencardapply.com/question/question07/question07_0619.htm