PDA

View Full Version : Advice about changing employer

hotammo
01-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi gurus,
I need your advice on something very important for me.
I've been working for a desi consulting company (who filed my GC) for 5 years. I got my GC in August 08 and am planning to switch. I get paid once a month on 15th for the previous month.

I intend to give them 2 weeks notice as they have been ok with me but am not sure if I do so they will pay me on for the last month.
Is there any law that stipulates that they will have to pay me or can they hold/delay my pay stating one reason or the other?
I have written to my state's Department of Labor asking about this. But sure enough have had no response from them.

The thing is that I would like to end relations on a good note but am unable to trust them.

Any advice would be great.

P.S.: I apologize if there is already a thread discussing a similar issue. (If so, please point me to it)

minimalist
01-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Have copies of the time sheets with you and keep a record of the 2 week notice and his response.
If he doesn't pay you, you can get your money without any issue. It would take a little longer but you can also make him pay ( I am not referring to your salary here, wich he has to pay anyway), if he forces you to take this longer route.
Enjoy!

Hi gurus,
I need your advice on something very important for me.
I've been working for a desi consulting company (who filed my GC) for 5 years. I got my GC in August 08 and am planning to switch. I get paid once a month on 15th for the previous month.

I intend to give them 2 weeks notice as they have been ok with me but am not sure if I do so they will pay me on for the last month.
Is there any law that stipulates that they will have to pay me or can they hold/delay my pay stating one reason or the other?
I have written to my state's Department of Labor asking about this. But sure enough have had no response from them.

The thing is that I would like to end relations on a good note but am unable to trust them.

Any advice would be great.

P.S.: I apologize if there is already a thread discussing a similar issue. (If so, please point me to it)

hotammo
01-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Thanks minimalist,
I guess I wanted to hear this from someone and it gives me a lot of hope.

jonty_11
01-21-2009, 08:23 PM
if u have trouble call ur local state labor dept....employer HAS to pay for wages worked...its a no brainer..